iBasso DX300 MAX Dual AK4499 Snapdragon 660 Octa-Core 6GB RAM 128GB ROM NEW Firmware: 2.02Available.
Sep 22, 2021 at 9:48 AM Post #3,166 of 5,022
I was more or less thinking of being able to a simple standard exchange of the motherboard ... and no solder done by a tired Chinese employee to try to fix something on it. :beyersmile:
Lol! If that is your choice then it is clear, you can only go for whatever is currently in productions. The 3Max is limited due to obsoleted parts.

But from my experiences, manufactures always have spares on hands, and should be able to account for serviceability for a couple years down the road as they are required to cover 1 years standard warranty.

Then I am in for the sound, nothing else :) , my money is on Ibasso

Sep 22, 2021 at 9:58 AM Post #3,167 of 5,022
If I haven’t owned 220 Max before (thx to Whiti’s poison) I won’t consider moving onto 300 max TI. To most, it’s a big investment and a deep rabbit hole.
Pursuing Ti is hard, even in China with 50 units allocation, as I asked 4 dealers here managing to spare a quota.
All the efforts and funds are worthy. I know the sound of 220 max very well, what drove me off in the end is the laggy operations and the absence of physical media buttons. Having tried SS for 10 min, I know TI shall be the one. No need for demo or impressions, I just know it.
"One ring to bring them all, and in the darkness bind them"
My point is (without disagreeing at all with what you said) that, even if you haven't personally listened to 300 max Ti (or SS, for that matter), their fame for high-end SQ will be a brand booster. It was the same with the DX220 Max, even for people who didn't own it. It doesn't matter how many will buy the Maxes (not that many, as you seem to agree), therefore, it doesn't matter so much how limited the run was for them. What matters is, brand name and reputation. This will drive sales in less than genuinely high-end products, where unit-base profit may be higher, and turnover too. Exclusivity, even esoteric value, for high-end stuff also helps. It is neither a mystery nor really a questionable tactic.

Last edited:
Sep 22, 2021 at 10:08 AM Post #3,168 of 5,022
You forgot I had to send my 3MTi back for an exchange because the right channel is faulty and sticky on/off button?! You’re just so completely obsessed with your 3MTi, the world could end and you’d still plugged in blissfully haha!

Let me say I have been most impressed with ibasso's service, if nothing else; they actually prepared a full replacement unit and consigned it to DHL before even receiving my faulty unit! If not for the super long weekend in China, I would have received it yesterday, as it is, a spanking new 3MTi is scheduled to reach me tomorrow. Very happy.

My 3Max SS (as a Low Cost and paid by me…) is traveling by road to Poland, today I was in France ..Expected 4/5 days)
There are people of 1 class and of third class ... it has always been like that ... it is life ...I'm glad for you

best

Sisco

Last edited:
Sep 22, 2021 at 10:24 AM Post #3,169 of 5,022
My 3Max SS (as a Low Cost and paid by me…) is traveling by road to Poland, today I was in France ..Expected 4/5 days)
There are people of 1 class and of third class ... it has always been like that ... it is life ...I'm glad for you

best

Sisco
Yes, I was briefly aware of your situation, and I feel for you man. I think the main difference is I am dealing directly with iBasso, while you are going through a reseller. And as things go, one more layer means one more hurdle. Middlemen can sometimes make things worse, and perhaps that is what you are facing now. You must have read @Whitigir's accounts of the parts and labor that go into making a 3Max, I doubt if either iBasso or the middlemen make much money, if any, from this product. While iBasso can forego any profit as a strategic investment to brand building, bragging rights for a superlative player, the middleman, unfortunately, cannot. So if I may offer you a small consolation, you will have many many hours of pleasure listening to it when your 3Max is back. There's really nothing more you can do about it but to look forward to its return. Happiness is a choice, my friend, life's too short to choose the alternative. :)

Sep 22, 2021 at 10:32 AM Post #3,170 of 5,022
Yes, I was briefly aware of your situation, and I feel for you man. I think the main difference is I am dealing directly with iBasso, while you are going through a reseller. And as things go, one more layer means one more hurdle. Middlemen can sometimes make things worse, and perhaps that is what you are facing now. You must have read @Whitigir's accounts of the parts and labor that go into making a 3Max, I doubt if either iBasso or the middlemen make much money, if any, from this product. While iBasso can forego any profit as a strategic investment to brand building, bragging rights for a superlative player, the middleman, unfortunately, cannot. So if I may offer you a small consolation, you will have many many hours of pleasure listening to it when your 3Max is back. There's really nothing more you can do about it but to look forward to its return. Happiness is a choice, my friend, life's too short to choose the alternative. :)
in the end, I have bought from an official Ibasso dealer.
the deal should be the same….

but you can see that it is not ... it is what I do not like.
So why are there official distributions?

it is ibasso who chooses it…but it has already been seen that the service is not the same ..

best

Sisco

Sep 22, 2021 at 10:38 AM Post #3,171 of 5,022
My point is (without disagreeing at all with what you said) that, even if you haven't personally listened to 300 max Ti (or SS, for that matter), their fame for high-end SQ will be a brand booster. It was the same with the DX220 Max, even for people who didn't own it. It doesn't matter how many will buy the Maxes (not that many, as you seem to agree), therefore, it doesn't matter so much how limited the run was for them. What matters is, brand name and reputation. This will drive sales in less than genuinely high-end products, where unit-base profit may be higher, and turnover too. Exclusivity, even esoteric value, for high-end stuff also helps. It is neither a mystery nor really a questionable tactic.
If I could I would like this post twice. Well said.

Sep 22, 2021 at 10:42 AM Post #3,172 of 5,022

it is ibasso who chooses it…but it has already been seen that the service is not the same ..

best

Sisco
I also agree with that. I thought the reason for buying from an official dealer was being able to directly deal with iBasso, in case of an issue, but apparently it is not. I think we need a clarification here.

Sep 22, 2021 at 10:42 AM Post #3,173 of 5,022

best

Sisco
To understand the reason why “distributors is needed” , you will have to be in the industry to understand.

No one is happy with the “middle man”, but sometimes as a “representative” they can give some assistances.

So , of course, as a representative, there are good and there are bad. Whenever it happened to be bad, either party will break away. But the definite thing is that “you can never blame on the other person”, everything is on the “representative”

Ibasso has his reason to choose “distributors”, and as a responsible customer, you just have to be understanding and reasonable. Ibasso started out as a direct internet business, and has picked it up a notch. Which I am pretty happy with.

With all of that aside, your defective player is a limited productions, so Ibasso can not directly give a replacement by instructing the distributors to do so as a normal products. It is unfortunate, but no companies and no products are perfect.

After all, without Ibasso, there will be no 3Max to be blissfully enjoying music with . I am sorry for your situation, and I understand it well. But as @efftee mentioned, you will enjoy it more when it is back. Otherwise, you can just return for a refund from your distributor if it was an option.

Sep 22, 2021 at 10:44 AM Post #3,174 of 5,022

best

Sisco
It's a business thing, man. The dealer enjoyed the profit and would have to bear the responsibility of taking care of you, both by service and cost, if any incurred. Maybe you could drop iBasso a email regarding this incident and perhaps they could find a better middleman near you soon! Cheer up, 4-5 days will fly by!

Sep 22, 2021 at 10:50 AM Post #3,175 of 5,022
I have spoken directly with Paul de Ibasso about the problem as I explained in the post.
I did not offer to do it directly with them.
Regarding the possibility of returning it and recovering the money after 14 days of purchase, the Audioheaven distributor does not allow it.
It was the first thing I proposed to him ... but the answer was, send it, they will review it so that it does not deceive them, and if it is damaged, they will send to China.

I already commented in the post and to them, that it will take about 1 month ...

best Regards

Sisco

Last edited:
Sep 22, 2021 at 11:02 AM Post #3,176 of 5,022
I agree to every letters.
In regard to esoteric high-end tactic… Ibasso should hire Whitigir as their mascot

Sep 22, 2021 at 11:48 AM Post #3,177 of 5,022
I agree to every letters.
In regard to esoteric high-end tactic… Ibasso should hire Whitigir as their mascot
Lol ! 😆 Thanks for the kind words. I would rather be sitting here, paying for Ibasso products instead. Also slamming my ears blissfully with the 3MTi. I simply couldn’t thank Ibasso enough for such an excellent player

Sep 22, 2021 at 11:52 AM Post #3,178 of 5,022
To elaborate the point I've made regarding the significance of brand names let me say this: I've had the DX300 before, which, although a great DAP, in my books, is not a genuine high-end portable DAP, more like "entry-level". I've not had or listened to the DX220 Max. However, such was the praise heaped in here for the SQ of 220 Max, in addition to my very good impressions from DX300, I plunged for the DX300 SS and, subsequently, without even taking that one out of the box, for the Ti. I have a feeling too I'm not the only one. If that's not brand power, I don't know what is.

Btw, this dispells any doubts from a question somebody asked me a little while ago in here about why I'm selling my iBasso units. It certainly isn't because I don't like them.

Sep 22, 2021 at 12:28 PM Post #3,179 of 5,022
Screen protector and cushions for my backside.
Non-slip ventilation.
I see you are using the unit as your source. More people need to realize that they can just sell off their dacs.
I said goodbye to yggy & holo-spring R2R dacs a while ago when I replace them with the Sony WM1Z. The organic sound was unparalleled.
It easily was preferable to them.

Then I graduated to the 220max, and lost a bit of holography and organics for compromise to gaining dynamics, liveliness, and power...

Then the 300max(SS) comes and totally brings back the holography and naturalness with the AKM chip!
Retaining the dynamics/power, and then also giving me a silky lush nature, and more low end weight.

I knew that the AKM chip would be good from listening to it from the AK SE200, but wow I never knew that the ibasso could make it outperform even R2R daps.

Then come the Ti, which loses the slight thicker low end lushness and weight, while slowly retaining/regaining the tonality from an early initial brightness.

I believe it needs more burn in time than the SS version, simply because looking at the audio board. The fact that different caps burn in different time frame, and one type would impede the time frame of another.
While as the SS unit has mostly same brand caps, so break in time would be more uniform and similar.

I've search the entire web for one bad impression on Ti, found none. Lucky those who own it.
Well, there is the initial brightness before burn in.
Then there is an issue that I need to verify with other owners.
The SS unit consistently sounds louder than the Ti. On the volume knob I increase the Ti knob by about a quarter inch. I am thinking it is because of the increased cap reserve on the SS unit.
You can see in pic below, the caps that I noticed are larger (circled ):
Screenshot_20210922-122506.jpg

I cannot account for any other reason why the SS has a slight more output.
Need to verify with others, and also burn in the Ti unit. I believe it will take substantially longer to burn in.

Last edited:
Sep 22, 2021 at 3:16 PM Post #3,180 of 5,022
Omg I am addicted hearing these upper mid and high instruments being displayed with high vividity, in full details, great extensions in it metallic housing resonances, so highly defined and yet so smooth, like being addicted to a real metallic instruments in real life, agressive, sharps, and yet smooth, simply addictive.

It is like I have found my long lost love since the day I entered this hobby. The only limitations from this little player is just the super powerful output for hard to drive phones, and I am talking about desktop architectures. But that is exactly what it balanced dedicate Line out is for. Line out performances is also breathe taking good, you only need a good amplifier 😆

Fully indulging self in the addictions of these metallic instruments!!! The dominant instruments in orchestra and metal genres !! Wooohhh !!! Lady and gentleman, the impressive Ibasso Dx300Max-Titanium

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back