iBasso DX300 MAX Dual AK4499 Snapdragon 660 Octa-Core 6GB RAM 128GB ROM NEW Firmware: 2.02Available.
Sep 13, 2021 at 9:50 AM Post #2,536 of 5,029
Sep 13, 2021 at 9:58 AM Post #2,538 of 5,029
My 300Max Ti has arrived in Philadelphia but is not scheduled to be delivered until Thursday. I am about 20 miles away from Philadelphia.
I bet you’re climbing the walls! Could you visit with ID to collect? Saves them time and mileage as well.

Sep 13, 2021 at 10:01 AM Post #2,540 of 5,029
My Ti has landed in Taiwan. Scheduled delivery is tomorrow but I guess it’s gotta clear customs first, can’t wait.

Sep 13, 2021 at 10:03 AM Post #2,541 of 5,029
Sep 13, 2021 at 10:08 AM Post #2,542 of 5,029
I bet you’re climbing the walls! Could you visit with ID to collect? Saves them time and mileage as well.
I am hoping that they will deliver it tomorrow. Unfortunately due to work I am not able to go into Philly to collect it.

Sep 13, 2021 at 10:13 AM Post #2,543 of 5,029
I am hoping that they will deliver it tomorrow. Unfortunately due to work I am not able to go into Philly to collect it.
No worries. Looks like you may be the first to receive the Ti….

Sep 13, 2021 at 10:22 AM Post #2,544 of 5,029
Not at all. SD card vs sound quality is not exclusive to 3Max. Any device using SD card.

On another subject, since the 3MAX included coax cable is too short for my use, I tried a 4-pole 3.5mm-to-coax cable I had and it doesn't work with 3MAX. I think a 2-pole 3.5mm coax cable is necessary. Anyone try?

In theory, 3/4 pole cables are only used in daps where spdif coax 3.5mm output is shared with headphone. iBasso uses dedicated spdif coax output port, so 2pole has a better compatibility.

Regarding microSD discussion, while some explanations might not be as convincing (just my personal opinion), there have been many instances in my audio gear review journey where it made no sense, yet I heard the difference and I'm a believer. Don't use any removable flash storage since I mostly stream hi res and have a dozen of low capacity micro SD cards with test songs library, used for dap testing only. And also, I'm not an expert when it comes to this subject. But typically with a digital signal the source of errors comes from timing that results in jitter due to skewed clock/data edges. Now, that would relate to micro controller on the card and DAP's SoC accessing it. So, perhaps, different brand name cards use different internal micro controllers and that will contribute to the difference?

Sep 13, 2021 at 10:33 AM Post #2,545 of 5,029
My 300Max Ti has arrived in Philadelphia but is not scheduled to be delivered until Thursday. I am about 20 miles away from Philadelphia.
Probably going to be shipped to you today. My experiences is that anything arrives at local region by DHL before 10Am has a big chance of going out that same day

In theory, 3/4 pole cables are only used in daps where spdif coax 3.5mm output is shared with headphone. iBasso uses dedicated spdif coax output port, so 2pole has a better compatibility.

Regarding microSD discussion, while some explanations might not be as convincing (just my personal opinion), there have been many instances in my audio gear review journey where it made no sense, yet I heard the difference and I'm a believer. Don't use any removable flash storage since I mostly stream hi res and have a dozen of low capacity micro SD cards with test songs library, used for dap testing only. And also, I'm not an expert when it comes to this subject. But typically with a digital signal the source of errors comes from timing that results in jitter due to skewed clock/data edges. Now, that would relate to micro controller on the card and DAP's SoC accessing it. So, perhaps, different brand name cards use different internal micro controllers and that will contribute to the difference?
Yes, and also the system hardware being implemented on it. There are tolerances, and the higher precision they are, the better it gets. Most importantly would be the algorithms for sure

Last edited:
Sep 13, 2021 at 10:43 AM Post #2,546 of 5,029
Probably going to be shipped to you today. My experiences is that anything arrives at local region by DHL before 10Am has a big chance of going out that same day

Yes, and also the system hardware being implemented on it. There are tolerances, and the higher precision they are, the better it gets. Most importantly would be the algorithms for sure

Oh yeah, and that too, the quality of the components!!! Even within the same brand, the component grade will make a difference, such as tighter tolerance, wider operation temperature (industrial vs commercial rating), max number of read/write cycles, tighter screening process during manufacturing, etc.

Sep 13, 2021 at 12:07 PM Post #2,549 of 5,029
3 poles should work, and I have one that I don’t use. Want to help me scoop it up ? :)
BE56EE94-6EF2-4FBB-BE94-6A91737374E3.jpeg

Thanks but I’m making a pig tail for it so I don’t have to reach back and reconnect when I swap. That looks like a very nice cable though!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back