iBasso DX220Max ****************** New FW! 1.01 for download! 1st Page.
Jun 20, 2020 at 11:09 PM Post #1,576 of 3,626
hi, where did you get that measurement device from? I only have usb a to a and i think that would be cool to validate measurements on my max. Currently looking for an lps that could charge both amp and dac section.

I got this from a local seller but the device should be available on AliExpress. You can search for ‘UD18 USB tester’ by Atorch; this brand also has other USB testers as well. The UD18 that I have measures DC in to DC out or USB in to USB out. You cannot do any DC to USB (or vice versa) measuring with this.

Jun 21, 2020 at 7:22 AM Post #1,578 of 3,626
I wonder why the companies are not providing matte screen protectors, but rather glossy ones which are nearly as bad as the screen glass. I threw away the screen protector and cut out a proper matte film out of an iPad screen protector. There is no drop in the sensitivity of the screen and it is much more resistant to finger prints. Especially for something that does not have external buttons, that is a must.

P1000483.JPG

Last edited:
Jun 21, 2020 at 1:05 PM Post #1,579 of 3,626
I notice that some people are using 20 volts to charge the amplifier batteries of the DX220Max. The highest voltage should be 18 volts and this is from the manufacture of the chip for the charging circuit. A higher voltage can burn out the chip and it would then require replacement, which would not be covered under warranty. Please use 18 votls down to 12 volts.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Jun 21, 2020 at 2:12 PM Post #1,580 of 3,626
What I am now noticing is more texture to the sound, more nuances to the notes. Also, the imaging is more out in front and to the sides but not panned hard into right and left hearing but out at a distance. This gives a more natural sound. I was noticing some sound was too much in the right and left ear but now the left picks up enough information from the right channel to pull it away from the hard pan to the left and gets it out there int he sound scape and same for the right. Other players aren't able to do this but the ability to retrieve details and acoustical information is so good, that the Max gets more out of the recording.

Jun 21, 2020 at 2:14 PM Post #1,581 of 3,626
I notice that some people are using 20 volts to charge the amplifier batteries of the DX220Max. The highest voltage should be 18 volts and this is from the manufacture of the chip for the charging circuit. A higher voltage can burn out the chip and it would then require replacement, which would not be covered under warranty. Please use 18 votls down to 12 volts.

@Paul - iBasso maybe iBasso could reconsider to release a power supply capable to charge both circuits - that much more convenient instead of having two separate power supplies.

If you will look to recent posts, almost every second MAX owner plans to get second PS to have it in the office, wherever - so, I believe that solution will have strong demand.

Thanks!

Jun 21, 2020 at 4:03 PM Post #1,583 of 3,626
This is the most tightest sounding dap with every notes well defined with its own edge making even the dx229/8ex rather blurry in comparison.
I really really wish this was a little smaller and lighter so I can carry around. Oh well, you can't have it all. :)
You have N8 to carry around ? For independent batteries designs...I think Max is the most compact one

Jun 21, 2020 at 4:12 PM Post #1,586 of 3,626
It better be. Otherwise it is Frankenstein's monster of DAPs. :p
LOL Hardly, I have some regular manufactured daps here that would far better fit that bill.

Jun 21, 2020 at 9:06 PM Post #1,588 of 3,626
U2 Joshou Tree, oh, done so right! Listen to the lead in to Where the Streets Have No Name. From the very beginning. Speed, space, attack, so goooood.

Jun 22, 2020 at 12:40 AM Post #1,589 of 3,626

So something like this would be to much?

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B07R3S7P59/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Users who are viewing this thread

Back