iBasso DX220Max ****************** New FW! 1.01 for download! 1st Page.
Jul 26, 2020 at 5:41 AM Post #2,281 of 3,626
I'm not sure how many users actually need it, but here it is: my add-on for DX220Max, firmware version 1.01.123!

There are no hardware buttons to enter bootloader mode, so bootable SD-card is the only possible way to flash the add-on.

WARNING: if you have Google Play Store already installed, please uninstall it before flashing the add-on, to avoid conflicts between two versions (system app from add-on and user-installed). It is written in the add-on description, but, just in case... people tend not to read... :frowning2:

Jul 26, 2020 at 5:59 AM Post #2,282 of 3,626
I'm not sure how many users actually need it, but here it is: my add-on for DX220Max, firmware version 1.01.123!

There are no hardware buttons to enter bootloader mode, so bootable SD-card is the only possible way to flash the add-on.

WARNING: if you have Google Play Store already installed, please uninstall it before flashing the add-on, to avoid conflicts between two versions (system app from add-on and user-installed). It is written in the add-on description, but, just in case... people tend not to read... :frowning2:

Awesome 😁👍 thanks and very much appreciated Lurker, I've not even started hardware or firmware mods as yet on my MAX, been too busy with work and Sony mods in any free time. With MAX all I've had chance to do is magisk patch boot.img and uninstall apps 🙈

p.s. I would say most of the 999 MAX users will end up on the Lurker add-on 😉

Last edited:
Jul 26, 2020 at 8:30 AM Post #2,283 of 3,626
I would say most of the 999 MAX users will end up on the Lurker add-on
I'd recommend it at least to anybody who is disappointed by the main battery discharge in Android sleep mode.

Jul 26, 2020 at 8:54 AM Post #2,284 of 3,626
I am not a tech savvy, everything I need is working fine on MAX (I don't even bother with Bluetooth remote) don't feel the need to fw update, so will stay with stock fw for now.

Still in the burn-in process, instead of using balance burn-in cable like the manual suggest I am using some cheap iem on 3.5mm output.

Will try to have a serious listening again after it hit 100 hours, and will resume/repeat the process until maybe about 300 hours.

Last edited:
Jul 26, 2020 at 9:27 AM Post #2,285 of 3,626
I'd recommend it at least to anybody who is disappointed by the main battery discharge in Android sleep mode.
Thanks @Lurker0 . Getting it updated !!!
C53E3D96-32E9-4385-B80A-DF86CB714934.jpeg

Jul 26, 2020 at 9:52 AM Post #2,286 of 3,626
Ooohhhh!!! This is not a Hype but I love this Lurker modified firmware

Disclaimers: According to @Lurker0 , the creator, Quote / It's up to the end user to decide whether these changes affect sound or not. I believe some of them make sound better, and none of them make sound worse. /Quote

Sound Quality
: The latest MangoOS from Ibasso was a good improvements over the last one in the Low and high frequencies, and most noticably was Low being more accurate
The MangoOS with Lurker modified firmware elevated this even further. I love airiness and super fine trebles in HF ranges, the MAX is now awesome with IER-Z1R and MangoOS. Better Low and High accuracy, better airiness, separations, imagines, details are oozing all over the places like a Sharp Katana, yet smooth, dense, liquid like a hot caramelized sauce of awesomness

I have not tried AndroidOS yet, I did notice the Magisk wont read though.

I am a believer in sound quality performances improvements. Listening to IER-Z1R

Last edited:
Jul 26, 2020 at 3:11 PM Post #2,290 of 3,626
i went for the one @twister6 said worked.

about $30 - $40. There were cheaper options but the reviews were mixed. I figure buy once, buy right. (It goes by another name too - but i cant find the post @twister6 ).

-Should arrive in a few days or so.

54E46F4B-61FD-421E-8905-428F52C4C252.jpegC3285EED-8EC9-4685-B4F6-78D788662F10.jpeg00AF7CD1-F182-48A1-9E64-A985BCDF88A3.jpeg

Yes, works like a charm, though I gotta admit, lately I have been enjoying a lot the "analog" control of twisting the volume knob :) Just sit down, relax, and enjoy! And, now more reason to enjoy listening at home since I starting to test iBasso SR2 open back headphones.

ibasso_sr2-x13.jpg

Jul 26, 2020 at 3:22 PM Post #2,291 of 3,626
Yes, works like a charm, though I gotta admit, lately I have been enjoying a lot the "analog" control of twisting the volume knob :) Just sit down, relax, and enjoy! And, now more reason to enjoy listening at home since I starting to test iBasso SR2 open back headphones.

Whattt SR2 Already ? I hope it isn’t the case of miss typing ?
NVM, I see the grills!!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back