iBasso DX200 Bug Thread - Post Any Firmware Bugs/Issues Here
Nov 29, 2018 at 2:38 PM Post #301 of 333
So, I just purchased a DX200 (and know zippo about Android OS) and I thought I'd do the 8.1.0 upgrade, but I can't seem to get Win 10_64 to even recognize the DX200. It shows up as an unknown USB device. I installed a driver from the update download folder, which seems like it's working, but the device is still not recognized.

Any thoughts would be insanely appreciated.

I tried to pester iBasso about it first, but when you submit their "Contact Us" form on their website, I keep getting a "Sorry" dialog box. WTH is that about???
I’m like you concerning Android OS, I’m just gonna wait for the official update.
I think it will be released soon as it has just been made available on Baidu so won’t be too long to wait before it’s available on the Ibasso site and much simpler to install.
Also very happy with the performance of my 200 with Amp 8, so I’m in no rush.
You could have a look on the 200 thread for help, loads of info over there concerning the Beta V1/V2
Good luck

Dec 4, 2018 at 2:50 AM Post #302 of 333
Firmware: Ver 1.01.006 (Android 8.1 Oreo)
Bug Found in: Android
Issue Description: Shutdown the DAP with last volume at 75. After start-up volume indicator states volume at 50 - (i.e. did not capture previous volume state before shutdown).

Dec 4, 2018 at 11:10 AM Post #303 of 333
Firmware: Ver 1.01.006 (Android 8.1 Oreo)
Bug Found in: Android
Issue Description: Shutdown the DAP with last volume at 75. After start-up volume indicator states volume at 50 - (i.e. did not capture previous volume state before shutdown).
Thank you. I have let the software team know so they can check this out.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Dec 21, 2018 at 6:33 PM Post #304 of 333
Hello, I´m new to this forum. Excuse me if I won't be able to express my doubts clearly, but english is not my first language.
I bought recentely an iBasso dx150. I noticed a problem with bluetooth connection: the dap had to stay no more than a few cm away from a bluetooth speaker ot the sound would stutter or fail completely. Then, I've updated the firmware to 2.11.293 version, but the problem with bluetooth connection continued. I tried with more than one speaker and it's the same. Then, I updated to Android 8.1 firmware. The problem with Bluetooth connection remains. And which is strange I had to do a hard reset because I couln’t play FLAC files, Mangoplayer said it didn’t support those format of files and was stuck!...I suspect the unit is faulty regarding bluetooth and, as the Android 8.1 is the same used with dx200, can you tell if there is something wrong btw android 8.1 and Mangoplayer?

Thanks for your replies.

Jan 8, 2019 at 5:40 PM Post #305 of 333
Hello Neohead,

I have no such problems with the DX200, Android 8.1.0 (November 2018) and kernel 4.4.103.
Bluetooth works perfectly with a Sony MDR1000x.
All my FLAC files are played properly. Yours are maybe not encoded properly or their sample rate is strange ?

Have a nice day,

Last edited:
Jan 8, 2019 at 5:45 PM Post #306 of 333
Hello again,

Here are some issues and thoughts for the DX200, Android 8.1.0 (November 2018) and kernel 4.4.103.

-- Mango Player :
- Special characters (French accents and Japanese) in the list. UTF-8 only ?
- Fonts too large when using a huge library.
- Tags in files are not displayed (release year and composer for instance).
- Lowest back-light cannot be low enough.
- Bluetooth with Sony MDR1000x: shortcuts to jump track back and forth now work. But still no pause/resume command.

-- Android system:
- Problem with gain level: changed sound level set by the side wheel is only taken into account when the screen is on. Some sleep mode issue ?
- Not possible to encrypt the system disk.
- No trick to login to Google Music.
- Bluetooth: Icon mode could be visible for APTx etc.

-- Crashes sometimes with FLAC, 320 kps mp3, mp4, 44.1 or 48kHz: the player stutters as if it was a CPU problem and the device was dropping samples. The only way is a reboot.

I am still very happy with the device overall !!! I love its converters and even sometimes use it as a DAC for quick work.

Good job and thank you !

Last edited:
Jan 13, 2019 at 12:00 PM Post #307 of 333
FYI, be careful when Magisk Manager asks you if you want to install. It will put your DX200 into a boot loop that will require you to reinstall all the OS and firmware.

Last edited:
Jan 17, 2019 at 4:47 PM Post #308 of 333
I've sent the player to the dealer to check the BT issue and they tell me that placing the ibasso dx150 (or dx200) more than a meter away from a bluetooth speaker the sound stutters or fail, because of the player "shielding"!

So it´s not may player only! But I've never heard from iBasso that its players BT are useless...

Jan 18, 2019 at 1:14 AM Post #309 of 333
I've sent the player to the dealer to check the BT issue and they tell me that placing the ibasso dx150 (or dx200) more than a meter away from a bluetooth speaker the sound stutters or fail, because of the player "shielding"!

So it´s not may player only! But I've never heard from iBasso that its players BT are useless...
Please email me at paul@ibasso.com. I would like to know what dealer told you that the DX200 is shielded so the BT won't work at a distance more than one foot. Also I can issue you RMA number for the return of the player so we can correct the problem.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Jan 27, 2019 at 1:39 AM Post #310 of 333
Hi,
I recently updated my DX200 from FW. 2.3.125 to android O v1.05, and I experienced this few issues during the first week of use:
1) On player startup if an iem is plugged in the right channel had some electric surges creating popping sounds to the right iem driver. [Happened only once and unable to replicate]
2) When a dsd128 track was selected while the player is playing a 24/96 track, the player hangs and crashes. [Happened only once and unable to replicate.]

The DAP was used with digital filters 2,5,6,7; Amp 1; Android OS; and it also had its battery changed recently.
Overall very pleased with the update, OS runs a lot smoother and many operations are faster.
Android OS startup time could be improved as it was much faster before. Now it boots up as slow as my DX100.
Not sure if the mentioned issues are considered a bug since it only happened once, I would update if it happens again.
Thank you!

Feb 17, 2019 at 2:55 PM Post #311 of 333
Firmware: Ver 1.05.036 (Android 8.1 Oreo) but also happened with the previous Oreo version.
Bug Found in: Mango mode.
Issue Description: If you go to GENRE>ARTIST>ALBUM and then you play whatever track, that will be the only track on the playlist, so once this track is finished, it will start again or stop depending of the play mode selected.

In Mango Player on Android mode, when you go to GENRE>ARTIST>ALBUM and then you play whatever track, the rest of the album will be part of the playlist, so after playing the track selected the next one will start playing. This is suppossed to be the right behaviour.

Feb 28, 2019 at 7:56 PM Post #312 of 333
I have a few problems with both my devices, Dx200 and Dx200Ti.

I can’t update the Dx200 to Oreo... I try to reset factory, install the first version of Oreo .. And try with three Computers. Nothing work...

Also i have a different problem with my Ti.
I update to Oreo no problem, but i can’t see the player as Mass storage or DAP....
I did factory reset and flash Oreo again .. My player still charge.. But i can’t see it, on any of my computer.
I’ve contact Paul from Ibasso, he give me a couple of thing to do and still doesnt work..
So now, im stock with 2 devices that doesnt work well.
Earlier this week the guy from Fidelizer ROM help me on that.. And he dont understand also why any of my computer recognize my Dx200Ti.

Can someone help me, it drive me nuts a big time... Thanks a lot !

Last edited:
Mar 1, 2019 at 2:53 PM Post #313 of 333
I have a problem on last stock firmware 1.0.5. I use my player in Android mode with Tidal (it is the only one additional app installed). When it plays music all works fine. But when i pause or kill application my player turns of in 30min or 1 hour (can't say exactly). When it turns of it even doesn't charge. I have to long press power button 2-3 times to turn it on, then it starts boot with dx200 logo. I checked all turn off timers in Mango. Tried to factory reset device, all the same. May be it hardware problem?

Last edited:
Mar 2, 2019 at 1:04 AM Post #314 of 333
I have a problem on last stock firmware 1.0.5.
Did you try it with my add-on 1.16? If you did, and it still hangs in sleep mode, please PM me.

Mar 2, 2019 at 10:11 AM Post #315 of 333
Hi guys I am looking for some feedback if possible. I have had my dx200 for over a year now and it has been flawless . If I am honest I don’t use it a lot and it’s almost exclusively used for TIDAL now. Offline tidal is a must as it will be primarily used when on my holidays. So I have a little issue. I am in Vietnam on my holidays and the albums I have downloaded from TIDAL stop playing. They play for a little while say an hour or so and then the listening becomes impossible. So I do a reboot and this helps , but only for a short while.

Does anyone else have this issue. It’s a huge blow as I am away and my music and the beach are what my break is all about. luckily I have some FLAC files too but the reason I have a DAP is for my holiday use

Users who are viewing this thread

Back