iBasso DX170 You want your Music? It is right here. *** NEW Firmware: 1.06 Apple support and other additions! ***
Sep 29, 2022 at 10:52 AM Post #556 of 1,665
I’m trying not to use 3rd party apps as well but it almost seems to be my only option. The app that is freezing is the player that is built into the device.
Oh, I didn't understand that. Well I use the player for many hours at a time, never had it freeze. Have you tried a different SD card? I have many cards but one did have issues, I reformatted etc. Finally I contacted the manufacturer of the card and they replaced it and no more issues. Also there are programs to check the formatting of the albums.

But you said it is the players app, Mango. Did you try a factory reset after the last update?

Sep 29, 2022 at 11:01 AM Post #557 of 1,665
Oh, I didn't understand that. Well I use the player for many hours at a time, never had it freeze. Have you tried a different SD card? I have many cards but one did have issues, I reformatted etc. Finally I contacted the manufacturer of the card and they replaced it and no more issues. Also there are programs to check the formatting of the albums.

But you said it is the players app, Mango. Did you try a factory reset after the last update?
The sd card was used with my lg g7 without issue so I do t think that’s the issue. I’ve tried installing the firmware twice now but I haven’t done a factory reset yet, trying that now. We’ll see if this helps. Thank you.

Sep 29, 2022 at 11:20 AM Post #558 of 1,665
The sd card was used with my lg g7 without issue so I do t think that’s the issue. I’ve tried installing the firmware twice now but I haven’t done a factory reset yet, trying that now. We’ll see if this helps. Thank you.
If it keeps up after a factory reset, I would still try a different card or reformat a card and load some music and see how it works.

Sep 30, 2022 at 9:13 AM Post #559 of 1,665
Thank you for the advice, unfortunately it kept up after the factory reset. I tried another card and reformatting but nothing really helped. I have a message in to ibasso, hopefully they’ll get back to me soon.

Oct 3, 2022 at 8:12 PM Post #561 of 1,665
Anybody else experiencing the Battey Saver option to stop charging the device beyond 80% not staying on? I can select it but when I go back into Battery it appears unselected again which is mildly annoying.

@Paul - iBasso - perhaps something that can be addressed in the next FW update?

Oct 5, 2022 at 4:27 PM Post #564 of 1,665
Has anybody used a 4.4mm balanced cable with your headphones /earphones plugged into the DX170? I just wondered whether balanced makes much difference compared to the single ended port?
Thanks
Of course it makes a difference.
The full performance is reached from the balanced output.
Single ended is good but from the balanced you get more impactful dynamics, wider soundstage, better separation and layering and sharper imaging just to name the most important benefits.

Last edited:
Oct 5, 2022 at 4:38 PM Post #565 of 1,665
Has anybody used a 4.4mm balanced cable with your headphones /earphones plugged into the DX170? I just wondered whether balanced makes much difference compared to the single ended port?
Thanks
The Crosstalk is lower, noise floor is higher.

Oct 5, 2022 at 7:37 PM Post #566 of 1,665
Thanks
Yes with the IT07 and my headphones and it is very good. I also use it for a line out and that is extremely good.

Oct 6, 2022 at 12:07 AM Post #567 of 1,665
Just got the DX170. It's pretty good, though there are some software problems that really hold it back.

How much better is the DX240, sound quality wise? I think I'll just return this one and step up if it's a significant difference.

Oct 6, 2022 at 2:12 AM Post #568 of 1,665
Just got the DX170. It's pretty good, though there are some software problems that really hold it back.

How much better is the DX240, sound quality wise? I think I'll just return this one and step up if it's a significant difference.
It's way better, with the amp8. To the extended that I am in progress of selling away sony wm1am2.

Oct 6, 2022 at 2:23 AM Post #569 of 1,665

It is better both sound-wise and in user experience.
iBasso has great bang for the buck and a honest scaling progression to their upstream models.
If you can afford it then you should get the DX240.

Oct 6, 2022 at 2:26 AM Post #570 of 1,665

Please email me with what type of issues you are having. paul@ibasso.com

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back