iBasso DX170 You want your Music? It is right here. *** NEW Firmware: 1.06 Apple support and other additions! ***
Sep 23, 2022 at 11:03 AM Post #526 of 1,665
Hi all,

How easy is it to replace batteries on this dap ..surely it will start degrading after a couple of years and so want to know if any mobile service shop would be able to upgrade the battery .

Thanks
The back comes off like a cell phone. It isn't very hard.

Sep 23, 2022 at 11:30 AM Post #527 of 1,665
Sep 25, 2022 at 9:12 AM Post #529 of 1,665
It does, but remember you have to find a suitable replacement in two years or so, this will most likely have to be a generic battery of similar size, voltage and capacity.
Hmm..ok.noted sir .. i had gone through some forums and many have said that this dap is slow/laggy . So having second thoughts .

Sep 25, 2022 at 10:16 AM Post #530 of 1,665
Hmm..ok.noted sir .. i had gone through some forums and many have said that this dap is slow/laggy . So having second thoughts .
Once you uninstall the APK and Chinese apps and disable animations, it runs just fine. Lag usually irritates the hell out of me on devices but this DAP runs perfectly OK once those things are done.

Last edited:
Sep 25, 2022 at 10:26 AM Post #531 of 1,665
It runs smoothly enough to use your favorite streaming service or android music player/mango player without any annoying issues.

Sep 25, 2022 at 10:56 AM Post #533 of 1,665
Sep 25, 2022 at 11:05 AM Post #534 of 1,665
Can whoever the ibasso person is here confirm if they'll sell easily replaceable batteries? It's a hassle sending back to China and costs way too much, think my DX160 battery was about £50..
I assume you want iBasso to answer you but I have bought batteries from ibasso and the cost was 5 dollars for shipping and 15 for the battery. No idea why you would pay 50 pounds. They replace like most cell phones by taking off the back by applying heat with a hot air gun and a suction cup.

Sep 25, 2022 at 12:39 PM Post #536 of 1,665
I'm having some issues with my DX170, the screen won't turn on now. It was working fine for the first few hours. I updated it and installed Google play store, Tidal. Removed apkpure and turned off animations. I was listening to music and the screen just stayed black when I went to press the button to turn the screen on. I charged it overnight and still won't turn on.

Is there any way to fix this, I'd rather keep the device than return it.

Sep 25, 2022 at 12:42 PM Post #537 of 1,665
I'm having some issues with my DX170, the screen won't turn on now. It was working fine for the first few hours. I updated it and installed Google play store, Tidal. Removed apkpure and turned off animations. I was listening to music and the screen just stayed black when I went to press the button to turn the screen on. I charged it overnight and still won't turn on.

Is there any way to fix this, I'd rather keep the device than return it.
Hold the power button for 20 seconds and release and then 3 seconds.

Sep 25, 2022 at 1:02 PM Post #539 of 1,665
I just tried that but it didn't work. The backlight comes on but the screen stays black.
Maybe contact ibasso.

Can you go into the recovery mode? If you can, turn the DX170 off and hold just the play button on the side and plug the DX170 into a charger.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back