iBasso DX170 You want your Music? It is right here. *** NEW Firmware: 1.06 Apple support and other additions! ***
Mar 6, 2023 at 12:14 AM Post #1,218 of 1,725
I am very close to ordering the DX170. I intend to use it only with Apple Music. Do you guys have an idea if I can install an apk of Apple Music and register my account without Google Play Services installed? I figured that maybe without GPS and ApkPure the device will have more resources available for Apple Music.

Mar 6, 2023 at 2:36 AM Post #1,219 of 1,725
Hello,

A question about the DX170, is it possible to upgrade the hard disk with an SD card or to expand the memory?

I have seen that it has 32 GB Rom but I have not found anything about the possibility to expand the memory.
I have quite a large playlist.

It would be a pity if not as the price/performance ratio seems to be right.

Mar 6, 2023 at 2:51 AM Post #1,220 of 1,725
I am very close to ordering the DX170. I intend to use it only with Apple Music. Do you guys have an idea if I can install an apk of Apple Music and register my account without Google Play Services installed? I figured that maybe without GPS and ApkPure the device will have more resources available for Apple Music.
Fellow Apple Music user here, I'm pretty sure that Google Play services come pre-installed with the device and you only need to Install Google PlayStore from ApkPure. I personal do not face any issues with Apple Music and DX170 with ~1,000 offline downloaded files + some 2,000 files of my own on a 128 GB micro SD Card. I don't think resources are an issue.

I've done the following things on my unit to Improve/Customize it for my needs.

1. Install PlayStore and then Disable/Uninstall ApkPure and any other Apps not required.
2. Disable Animations in "Developer Option"

At present, I have Nova Launcher Prime, Apple Music, Spotify, UAPP, YouTube, CX File Explorer & Google Keep installed and don't face any issues.

A question about the DX170, is it possible to upgrade the hard disk with an SD card or to expand the memory?
Yes, it's possible. I'm using a 128 GB Card on my unit.

Mar 6, 2023 at 3:35 AM Post #1,221 of 1,725
Hello,

I have seen that it has 32 GB Rom but I have not found anything about the possibility to expand the memory.

Just tried with a 512GB Samsung EVO microSD card in ExFat format.
It showed up on Mango Player and I played a few flac files from the card.
But that is the extent of my test; I hardly use the microSD slot as my DX170 streams TIDAL 100% of the time.

Mar 6, 2023 at 3:56 AM Post #1,222 of 1,725
Fellow Apple Music user here, I'm pretty sure that Google Play services come pre-installed with the device and you only need to Install Google PlayStore from ApkPure. I personal do not face any issues with Apple Music and DX170 with ~1,000 offline downloaded files + some 2,000 files of my own on a 128 GB micro SD Card. I don't think resources are an issue.

I've done the following things on my unit to Improve/Customize it for my needs.

1. Install PlayStore and then Disable/Uninstall ApkPure and any other Apps not required.
2. Disable Animations in "Developer Option"

At present, I have Nova Launcher Prime, Apple Music, Spotify, UAPP, YouTube, CX File Explorer & Google Keep installed and don't face any issues.

Yes, it's possible. I'm using a 128 GB Card on my unit.
Dear friend, thank you for clearing this out, much appreciated.

Mar 6, 2023 at 4:01 AM Post #1,223 of 1,725
Just tried with a 512GB Samsung EVO microSD card in ExFat format.
It showed up on Mango Player and I played a few flac files from the card.
But that is the extent of my test; I hardly use the microSD slot as my DX170 streams TIDAL 100% of the time.
Hello,

hi, yes the player has a micro sd card slot. i have a 256gb one and it takes much bigger i think. all apps can use this micro sd slot as the default storage.

make sure you get a very fast one. i have this one and it works very well:
Lexar PLAY 256GB Micro SD Card, microSDXC UHS-I Card

Mar 7, 2023 at 7:52 AM Post #1,224 of 1,725
I’m trying to use a lossless usb dongle as I’m considering downgrading to a phone rather than a dap. I wanted to directly compare the dongle vs 3.5 and 4.4 however when I try to play audio through the dongle I have zero control over the audio level. It’s at full volume. Knob makes no difference.

Any suggestions? It seems like it should be easy enough. I’m using poweramp but it does the same thing in the native player, YouTube, etc.

Mar 7, 2023 at 7:54 AM Post #1,225 of 1,725
I’m trying to use a lossless usb dongle as I’m considering downgrading to a phone rather than a dap. I wanted to directly compare the dongle vs 3.5 and 4.4 however when I try to play audio through the dongle I have zero control over the audio level. It’s at full volume. Knob makes no difference.

Any suggestions? It seems like it should be easy enough. I’m using poweramp but it does the same thing in the native player, YouTube, etc.
Try Ibasso DC03 Pro or DC04 Pro.
They have independent volume control.

Mar 7, 2023 at 8:10 AM Post #1,226 of 1,725
So with a standard dongle there’s no way to use the built in volume? That’s wild. I’ll just have to do my comparisons with my tablet I suppose.

Mar 7, 2023 at 8:33 AM Post #1,227 of 1,725
So with a standard dongle there’s no way to use the built in volume? That’s wild. I’ll just have to do my comparisons with my tablet I suppose.

What device do you have?

Mar 7, 2023 at 8:45 AM Post #1,228 of 1,725
Samsung s7 tab. I have a hiby amp/dongle with volume control but I’m specifically wanting to check a crappy 20$ lossless dac dongle compared to the dx170 internal dac.

Mar 7, 2023 at 8:57 AM Post #1,229 of 1,725

Download UAPP and give it exclusive control over the device (it should prompt you when you plug it in).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back