iBasso DX170 You want your Music? It is right here. *** NEW Firmware: 1.06 Apple support and other additions! ***
Mar 4, 2023 at 10:46 AM Post #1,186 of 1,725
That is simple demagogy. Music can be given to you by your mobile, or a DAP of $50.

If you are paying more than $400 for a DAP, you expect sounds quality (DX170 has it), AND to at least be able to operate it comfortably with your hands, and not hit the screen and 30 or 40% of the time it will barely respond to you.
I mean "Music", not sound. They are different and I listen to live music as a barometer. So I want music, not just sound. And I don't have issues with either the WM1Z or the DX170 working and playing music and in general use, as I expect a dap to work, I have no issues with the DX170 or the WM1Z but I get muuuusssssiiiic.

Mar 4, 2023 at 10:51 AM Post #1,187 of 1,725
I mean "Music", not sound. They are different and I listen to live music as a barometer. So I want music, not just sound. And I don't have issues with either the WM1Z or the DX170 working and playing music and in general use, as I expect a dap to work, I have no issues with the DX170 or the WM1Z but I get muuuusssssiiiic.
I also get music, but I would like to not have to tap 2 or 3 times with my finger for it
(I'm referring to the DX170, I haven't said anything about the Sony, I've had the WM1A and it was infinitely faster than the DX170).

Mar 4, 2023 at 11:06 AM Post #1,188 of 1,725
I don't have any of these issues stated in this thread. there are things that annoy me but theyre not playback using poweramp, tidal etc. or the os speed.

theres an easy fix to those with issues or not happy. sell it and buy something else.

Mar 4, 2023 at 11:11 AM Post #1,189 of 1,725
I also get music, but I would like to not have to tap 2 or 3 times with my finger for it
(I'm referring to the DX170, I haven't said anything about the Sony, I've had the WM1A and it was infinitely faster than the DX170).
I tap once. No issues, as stated, over and over and obviously, your definition of music is different from mine and I bring up the WM1Z because I have it and use it and people have complained about it as well. Sound is not always music.

Mar 4, 2023 at 11:30 AM Post #1,190 of 1,725
I tap once. No issues, as stated, over and over and obviously, your definition of music is different from mine and I bring up the WM1Z because I have it and use it and people have complained about it as well. Sound is not always music.
Do you want to read my messages again and see where I have said nothing or complained about music?

I'm just saying that the DX170 is disgustingly slow. And it is. No one who pays more than €400 in 2023 deserves to receive an electronic device that works so slowly.

And yes, you can enjoy music (MUSIC, not sounds, I have listened to MUSIC all my life, with all type of gear) with a mobile or with a DAP of €50 more than with a DAP of €4000. I see it every day with my wife, her cell phone and some IEMs of €15, and here as we complain about the sound of IEMs of thousands of €...

Mar 4, 2023 at 11:37 AM Post #1,191 of 1,725
Do you want to read my messages again and see where I have said nothing or complained about music?

I'm just saying that the DX170 is disgustingly slow. And it is. No one who pays more than €400 in 2023 deserves to receive an electronic device that works so slowly.

And yes, you can enjoy music (MUSIC, not sounds, I have listened to MUSIC all my life, with all type of gear) with a mobile or with a DAP of €50 more than with a DAP of €4000. I see it every day with my wife, her cell phone and some IEMs of €15, and here as we complain about the sound of IEMs of thousands of €...
What I am saying is I enjoy the music and that I have no issues. Please read that again," I don't find it slow, nor do I have issues." Repeat if necessary. You do, I am sorry about that. Often there are conflicts of software that cause computers, daps etc., to operate slow and that is where I look.

Mar 4, 2023 at 11:42 AM Post #1,192 of 1,725
What I am saying is I enjoy the music and that I have no issues. Please read that again," I don't find it slow, nor do I have issues." Repeat if necessary. You do, I am sorry about that. Often there are conflicts of software that cause computers, daps etc., to operate slow and that is where I look.
We don't have a different concept of music, we have a different concept of what is slow or not.

For me, a DAP of €400 in 2023 that works at the same speed as an Android mobile from 2015 is SLOW.

And it has nothing to do with software conflicts or anything like that. It works that slow right out of the box, and to everyone. Another thing is that you don't mind that slowness, but for me it is something that should be highlighted and notified to any potential buyer.

And if by the way iBasso takes note and stops using slow CPUs in its DAPs, so much the better.

Last edited:
Mar 4, 2023 at 11:52 AM Post #1,193 of 1,725
We don't have a different concept of music, we have a different concept of what is slow or not.

For me, a DAP of €400 in 2023 that works at the same speed as an Android mobile from 2015 is SLOW.

And it has nothing to do with software conflicts or anything like that. It works that slow right out of the box, and to everyone. Another thing is that you don't mind that slowness, but for me it is something that should be highlighted and notified to any potential buyer.

And if by the way iBasso takes note and stops using slow CPUs in its DAPs, so much the better.
Communication. I could do a video but no time right now. I touch a button on the side or on the screen and the 170 responds and goes there. No real time delay at all. Go to DSD, pow, there, the song in the album, touch and there.

Mar 4, 2023 at 12:25 PM Post #1,194 of 1,725

its not disgustingly slow as far as i can tell

Mar 4, 2023 at 1:09 PM Post #1,197 of 1,725
its not disgustingly slow as far as i can tell
I just got a cell phone from 6 years ago that cost me €100 at the time, and the DX170.

I have done the same operation in both: access the Play Store, enter my applications, click update all, and wait for them to update. Both using the same WiFi connection.

When the mobile was already updating the first applications, the DX170 was still loading the second screen. The mobile has updated 27 applications in the same time that the DX170 has updated 5 applications.

And we are talking about a €100 mobile from 6 years ago.

Mar 4, 2023 at 1:16 PM Post #1,199 of 1,725
Guys... yes the DX170 is slow compared to modern smartphones as are all DAPs. None of them use modern processors. It is what it is...

Mar 4, 2023 at 1:18 PM Post #1,200 of 1,725
here is the video. i would never use the dap like this but for example purposes. i left animations on and this crappy screen recording program made it less smooth then normal and yet still it runs very fast in order to play music.

seems like @firesign is completely disingenuous or there is something wrong with his dap. cheers

ibasso dx170 screenrecording
Do a test like the one I just put, and you tell me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back