iBasso DX160 - The listening experience only gets better and better. ******NEW FW 1.09 - link 1st page.******
Aug 14, 2023 at 8:10 PM Post #6,916 of 6,991
Good evening. My new Fiio FA7s iems seem to give me only 6 hours (max) listening with the dx160 (still quite new). I have latest firmware and no apps. I use Mango player and wondered if anyone has advice on getting longer life. Perhaps change to iems / headphones with a higher than Fiios 18 ohms sensitivity ?
Any advice would be brilliant

great forum by the way. Thanks

Mike
Using higher Ohms head gear will indeed save some battery life, but I'm not sure that it would be a while lot.

The DX160 only gets about 7-9 hours when the battery is brand new. Some things that will affect the battery life might be: WiFi, BT, screen on, screen resolution, apps open in the background, resolution of files, volume, and yes, headphones used. There is plenty more to factor in, but these are the bigger things IMO.

Aug 14, 2023 at 8:59 PM Post #6,917 of 6,991
Using higher Ohms head gear will indeed save some battery life, but I'm not sure that it would be a while lot.

The DX160 only gets about 7-9 hours when the battery is brand new. Some things that will affect the battery life might be: WiFi, BT, screen on, screen resolution, apps open in the background, resolution of files, volume, and yes, headphones used. There is plenty more to factor in, but these are the bigger things IMO.
I always have airplane mode on and display time out at 15 secs.

Aug 15, 2023 at 7:04 AM Post #6,918 of 6,991
I always have airplane mode on and display time out at 15 secs.
It also depends on which output you are using. The 4.4mm balanced output drives more power and will reduce your battery life. Besides the native Mango player, have you tried any others like Neutron, Poweramp, UAPP? Some may have better background engine efficiency than others. But six hours with low impedance headphones isn’t unexpected I would think.

Sep 2, 2023 at 8:16 AM Post #6,919 of 6,991
Hey you all 🙂.Got dx160 used and flashed lurkers Firmware Update on it. And my question is what size of SD Card you all are using Got a 2TB Card in IT and it has Trouble Reading it the scan Took hours and it will only Show a couple of Artist ... Is 2tb to big for the DX160?

A 64gb i used for Testing was working fine.
Both are formated in exfat.
Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Sep 2, 2023 at 8:32 AM Post #6,920 of 6,991
Hey you all 🙂.Got dx160 used and flashed lurkers Firmware Update on it. And my question is what size of SD Card you all are using Got a 2TB Card in IT and it has Trouble Reading it the scan Took hours and it will only Show a couple of Artist ... Is 2tb to big for the DX160?

A 64gb i used for Testing was working fine.
Both are formated in exfat.
Thanks in advance.
I have a SanDisk 1TB card and a 512GB SanDisk Extreme and both work fine. 24k songs on the 512 and almost 30k on the 1TB.

Sep 2, 2023 at 10:14 AM Post #6,921 of 6,991
Such observations were also made on the DX170 in connection with the Mango player. The problem could be low RAM or the Lurker mod is buggy. What is it like to create the corresponding playlists on the PC in advance and then read them in from the playback app? I use MP3Tag for this and put the created playlists in a separate folder on the SD card. The playlists then point to the actual folders in the main music folder on the same SD card. Also try a different player app.

Sep 2, 2023 at 4:38 PM Post #6,922 of 6,991
Such observations were also made on the DX170 in connection with the Mango player. … Also try a different player app.
I find the Mango player takes a very long time to read through large libraries. Plus it creates a bunch of Artist thumbnails as well and these take up additional space on the small built-in drive.

Try a different player, I alternate between Neutron, Poweramp, and GoneMAD on my DX160. They all have pros and cons but are better than Mango in my opinion.

Last edited:
Sep 2, 2023 at 5:51 PM Post #6,923 of 6,991
I find the Mango player takes a very long time to I des large libraries. Plus it creates a bunch of Artist thumbnails as well and these take up additional space on the small built-in drive.

Try a different player, I alternate between Neutron, Poweramp, and GoneMAD on my DX160. They all have pros and cons but are better than Mango in my opinion.
Thanks for the Input i tried gone mad because the ui was appealing but it sounds Not neatly as good as mango Player ... Did i so Something wrong ? Is there a important setting i missed ?

Sep 2, 2023 at 7:36 PM Post #6,924 of 6,991
Thanks for the Input i tried gone mad because the ui was appealing but it sounds Not neatly as good as mango Player ... Did i so Something wrong ? Is there a important setting i missed ?
GoneMAD uses the base Android audio engine right now, so while the UI and Smart playlist features are great the audio limited. Neutron on the other hand is extremely focused on audio and sounds the best to me on the DX160 but lacks on the UI side. Poweramp sits nicely between them with a very good UI and decent sound that is somewhat limited as you are forced to select one sample rate.

Sep 2, 2023 at 7:40 PM Post #6,925 of 6,991
GoneMAD uses the base Android audio engine right now, so while the UI and Smart playlist features are great the audio limited. Neutron on the other hand is extremely focused on audio and sounds the best to me on the DX160 but lacks on the UI side. Poweramp sits nicely between them with a very good UI and decent sound that is somewhat limited as you are forced to select one sample rate.
There is always UAPP which has the UI AND the bit perfect playback... Of course, there is also Hiby, FiiO, etc... where bit perfect playback is concerned... though I have not tried those.

But, overall I have to agree with your assessment about Neutron. It has the best sound of them all IMO. I don't even really mind the UI as I have gotten really used to it. I actually really love the navigation for your library. If they would update the "Now Playing" screen, the rest would suite me just fine. :)

Sep 3, 2023 at 4:32 AM Post #6,926 of 6,991
Try AIMP (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.aimp.player), I've been using the PC version for years and the Android version with the DX160. But I'm completely unbiased towards the program developer (regarding the political situation there), it's also freeware and is constantly being further developed and improved. By the way, a more up-to-date version came out today (can be downloaded from the homepage), but the older version is still available on Google.

Sep 3, 2023 at 8:28 AM Post #6,927 of 6,991
There is always UAPP which has the UI AND the bit perfect playback... Of course, there is also Hiby, FiiO, etc... where bit perfect playback is concerned... though I have not tried those.

But, overall I have to agree with your assessment about Neutron. It has the best sound of them all IMO. I don't even really mind the UI as I have gotten really used to it. I actually really love the navigation for your library. If they would update the "Now Playing" screen, the rest would suite me just fine. :)
The biggest challenge I have with Neutron is the limit of using either Albumartist or Artist for the list, it can’t do both. And further it doesn’t separate artists. Otherwise it may have been the real champ.

Sep 4, 2023 at 12:07 PM Post #6,928 of 6,991
The biggest challenge I have with Neutron is the limit of using either Albumartist or Artist for the list, it can’t do both. And further it doesn’t separate artists. Otherwise it may have been the real champ.
While it is true that it can't do both at the same time, you CAN separate artists by going into Settings > Media Library. By default it is not set up that way. For me the way it is organized is perfect because I load them by "Songs" which orders them by album. This is perfect for me because I just set it to "play all" randomly. If/when I run across a song that I want to hear more of, I just either turn off random, or flick over to see what song is playing on what album, and choose the first song to play the whole album. When I am done playing that album/artist, I simply turn "random" back on and it resumes playing from y whole library. And the search and que are also great tools for finding what you want and/or playing exactly what you want without having to make a permanent playlist.

Screenshot_20230904-113008.png

Sep 4, 2023 at 4:11 PM Post #6,929 of 6,991
Ok i fixed my problem ... 2 TB is to much for the DX160 Vanilla and with Lurkers Firmware i did switched back to the factory fw and had the same problem and now with a 1 TB card everything works flawless....
And i switched to UAPP in the process sounds as good a Mango but the UI i nice and fast and it seems to be quite battery friendly.

Sep 4, 2023 at 4:47 PM Post #6,930 of 6,991
Ok i fixed my problem ... 2 TB is to much for the DX160 Vanilla and with Lurkers Firmware i did switched back to the factory fw and had the same problem and now with a 1 TB card everything works flawless....
And i switched to UAPP in the process sounds as good a Mango but the UI i nice and fast and it seems to be quite battery friendly.
That is interesting, seeing as how they describe the DX160 as being 2TB capable... Of course this might just be a misnomer because I am sure there isn't really any problem actually reading the card, the system probably simply can't handle the amount of data that it can contain. I mean the very small amount of RAM has always been a huge bottleneck on this DAP. Did you try and just put a few songs on it and see if it can be read?

Glad that you got it sorted out though. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back