iBasso DX160 - The listening experience only gets better and better. ******NEW FW 1.09 - link 1st page.******
Jan 4, 2022 at 12:28 AM Post #6,166 of 6,983
Makes sense. Size wise i find the DX300 too big to comfortably pocket though. The DX160/240 size is just right
For the most part I agree about the size. This is why the DX160 goes to work with me, and the DX300 goes with me when I have more of a pocket to put it into... :) If it were just a tick thinner, it wouldn't be much different than my phone in size, but with the sound that comes from that brick, I will not complain too much. The DX160 pushes way above its price point and DX300 will be TOTL for some time to come IMHO... The new DX240 is something I will be checking into in the time to come for sure though. Who can't use ANOTHER DAP? hehe

Jan 4, 2022 at 12:32 AM Post #6,167 of 6,983
None of the links for the new firmware work for me. Is there some alternative site to download the latest firmware. Thanks in advance.

PS Please ignore got it now

Last edited:
Jan 4, 2022 at 1:42 AM Post #6,168 of 6,983
The first amp card that came with the DX300 (Amp11Mk1) WAS warm. The Amp11Mk2 was its replacement (I think because of parts sourcing issues), and it is closer to neutral (Amp13 being more airy and a bit less warm with faster transients from what I have read). The Amp11Mk2 is what is sold as stock now.

Though you are correct in that it (stock Amp11Mk2) IS on the warmer side of neutral, but I don't know if I would call it warm. You are also right about the DX160 being close to the DX300. Unfortunately, I haven't had a chance to listen to the DX240 yet to see what it is like so I can't really comment on it just yet. But with a different DAC chip in it, I would imagine it WOULD sound more different to the DX160 and DX300 than it would the same. I could be wrong on that point though.. :)
I've had a chance to listen to dx240 and that sound signature is not for my taste. Compared to my beloved dx160, the dx240 sounds too agressive and too sharp on highs, I would say it has very different sound signature from dx160, that I don't prefer it for long listening sessions. With dx160 I hear deeper vocals and wider scene, but dx240 has much better dynamics, instrument separation and more details and layers, it is more engaging sound but at the same time that sound don't let you relax and melt in long listening experience. I would really prefer upgraded version of DX160 for performance with snapdragon660 and android10 (smth. like DX160mk2 or DX180) instead of DX240, for my personal sound signature taste.

Last edited:
Jan 4, 2022 at 5:39 AM Post #6,169 of 6,983
I've had a chance to listen to dx240 and that sound signature is not for my taste. Compared to my beloved dx160, the dx240 sounds too agressive and too sharp on highs, I would say it has very different sound signature from dx160, that I don't prefer it for long listening sessions. With dx160 I hear deeper vocals and wider scene, but dx240 has much better dynamics, instrument separation and more details and layers, it is more engaging sound but at the same time that sound don't let you relax and melt in long listening experience. I would really prefer upgraded version of DX160 for performance with snapdragon660 and android10 (smth. like DX160mk2 or DX180) instead of DX240, for my personal sound signature taste.
What iems did you use?

Jan 5, 2022 at 7:16 PM Post #6,171 of 6,983
Picked up an excellent pair for DX160: Lime Ears Aether R. Wonderful IEMs, especially for those genres that are in the photo here. Definitely a recommendation.

Attachments

• photo_2022-01-06_02-45-43.jpg
    photo_2022-01-06_02-45-43.jpg
    114.2 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Jan 6, 2022 at 9:47 AM Post #6,172 of 6,983
Hello partners. I have a problem with Lurker fw and my ibasso DX160.
I have the latest version of ibasso installed, v1.07. And also the final update from Lurker.
The problem arises when I want to use the ibasso as a DAC connected to a windows pc. Windows does not recognize the device and therefore it does not function as a DAC. Could it be because Windows needs specific Lurker drivers? I have the latest ibasso drivers installed on my pc; but I don't have anything installed on lurker's pc.
I hope someone can help me. Thanks a lot.

Jan 6, 2022 at 10:48 AM Post #6,173 of 6,983
I have a problem with Lurker fw
If you believe your problem is related to the add-on, please uninstall it by flashing the official firmware.

Jan 6, 2022 at 8:06 PM Post #6,175 of 6,983
No, I think it is related to Windows. As if windows needed something to recognize the device with Lurker installed on it. Are there Lurker drivers for windows? or is it not necessary? Thanks
The mod doesn't add anything that would require drivers on your PC AFAIK. Do you have USB debugging enabled from Developers Options? Does your PC recognize that there is a device connected at all? Did you try rebooting both the PC and the DX160? Are you using the Stock cable that came with the DX160? If you are, try a different cable, as that one is known to not work.

Jan 7, 2022 at 11:59 AM Post #6,177 of 6,983
Installed FW 1.07, Factory reset, Lurker add-on, no problems. Then played a track in Mango (Lurker) it started but no sound, double clicked on play and sound appeared. All other tracks within that genres folders played ok, but when I tried a track from another main genre folder no sound again until the double click. This continued again with the first track played on all the remaining main genre folders then everything was back to normal. Strange, but is this a variation on the lagging mentioned previously? Main thing the sound is as great as ever!
p.s. added a new mix to the sd card and the same thing happened with that.

Last edited:
Jan 7, 2022 at 2:18 PM Post #6,178 of 6,983
I need some help.

I just downloaded Amazon music to my dx160 and it won't play the ultra hd tracks. It only plays in hd. Will the dx160 support the 24bit tracks or is there an issue with my player.

Not sure if I should just by an external dac instead for my Samsung phone, so may bugs with the dx160.

Please help

Users who are viewing this thread

Back