iBasso DX160 - The listening experience only gets better and better. ******NEW FW 1.09 - link 1st page.******
Jan 7, 2022 at 3:43 PM Post #6,181 of 6,983
16415881700013616835718047187239.jpg

Jan 7, 2022 at 6:39 PM Post #6,184 of 6,983
Thanks for the reply.

Very disappointing and sounds like an android sampling issue. Do you think it would be better to use another streaming service such as quobuz or tidal for hires files?

Jan 7, 2022 at 6:57 PM Post #6,185 of 6,983
Thanks for the reply.

Very disappointing and sounds like an android sampling issue. Do you think it would be better to use another streaming service such as quobuz or tidal for hires files?
Have to say, I've had no problem with amazon HD as not sure my ears pick up the difference beyond android. But, I agree, you pay for ultra you should be able to hear it. There are likely people on hear can tell you how to sort it. I know as a dac it works, but can't recall it working streaming. I moved to M3X a while back so been a while since I tried it to be fair.

Jan 8, 2022 at 4:32 PM Post #6,187 of 6,983
Ok, Thanks, I'm going to try these options.
Let us know how it goes?!
Installed FW 1.07, Factory reset, Lurker add-on, no problems. Then played a track in Mango (Lurker) it started but no sound, double clicked on play and sound appeared. All other tracks within that genres folders played ok, but when I tried a track from another main genre folder no sound again until the double click. This continued again with the first track played on all the remaining main genre folders then everything was back to normal. Strange, but is this a variation on the lagging mentioned previously? Main thing the sound is as great as ever!
p.s. added a new mix to the sd card and the same thing happened with that.
So your trying this in Mango OS mode? It almost sounds as if it is an issue reading from the card. Try and put some of those songs that are having a hard time playing on the internal memory, then scan and play those... That will get you a step closer to figuring out what might be happening.

I need some help.

I just downloaded Amazon music to my dx160 and it won't play the ultra hd tracks. It only plays in hd. Will the dx160 support the 24bit tracks or is there an issue with my player.

Not sure if I should just by an external dac instead for my Samsung phone, so may bugs with the dx160.

Please help
I don't have this issue with mine at all. Of course I have not updated any software in mine since August 2020. And the version of Amazon I have is from June 2021 (17.10.1). If you want to try and download an older version you can get it from HERE. Also, make sure you have it set to play those in settings. And, also that you are subscribed to Amazon music HD not just regular Amazon Music (though I think they are one and the same now, they used to be separate).

Also, I don't think it is an issue with the player either way. You can check this by downloading a 24 bit file and playing it in another music player. IE Mango player, Neutron, UAPP, etc...
Do you know how I could fix the problem on my device? Could the app be reading 16bit but it is actually playing at 24?
See above, and let us know how it goes?!

Jan 8, 2022 at 4:49 PM Post #6,188 of 6,983
Here is a screenshot of a random ultraHD song from Amazon Music from my DX160.

Attachments

• 20220108_163615.jpg
    20220108_163615.jpg
    757.5 KB · Views: 0
Jan 8, 2022 at 4:57 PM Post #6,189 of 6,983
That doesn't look like the screen from Amazon Music showing it's resolution. Is that a third party app? If so, it might be the issue. As you can see from my screenshot (and the top of the music player), it is actually playing at 48khz instead of the 192 it says, but it does say it is playing at 24bit.

The DX160 bypasses the android resolution issue, so if there is a disparity, it is software related.

Jan 8, 2022 at 5:52 PM Post #6,190 of 6,983
That doesn't look like the screen from Amazon Music showing it's resolution. Is that a third party app? If so, it might be the issue. As you can see from my screenshot (and the top of the music player), it is actually playing at 48khz instead of the 192 it says, but it does say it is playing at 24bit.

The DX160 bypasses the android resolution issue, so if there is a disparity, it is software related.
I believe that several things are happening.
The first may be a problem with the app you are using. It could also be that the internet connection or data or coverage does not have enough power to reproduce at 24 bits and is reduced to 16 bits. Or it may also happen that in the app, you have selected that with mobile data the quality is reduced.
On the other hand, I would use Tidal, I like it better, and I also like how it saves your favorite music, and also its quality. And from there you can select the quality to play using a Wi-Fi connection or a mobile connection.
Another very good program is UAPP (usb audio player pro). With this app you can configure absolutely everything, and also use the bit perfect mode. Also from UAPP you can play your downloaded music, within the app you have Tidal and Quobuz, etc etc.
You will tell us!!

Jan 8, 2022 at 8:12 PM Post #6,191 of 6,983
I believe that several things are happening.
The first may be a problem with the app you are using. It could also be that the internet connection or data or coverage does not have enough power to reproduce at 24 bits and is reduced to 16 bits. Or it may also happen that in the app, you have selected that with mobile data the quality is reduced.
On the other hand, I would use Tidal, I like it better, and I also like how it saves your favorite music, and also its quality. And from there you can select the quality to play using a Wi-Fi connection or a mobile connection.
Another very good program is UAPP (usb audio player pro). With this app you can configure absolutely everything, and also use the bit perfect mode. Also from UAPP you can play your downloaded music, within the app you have Tidal and Quobuz, etc etc.
You will tell us!!
I am not a big fan of Tidal, and love Amazon, but if you ARE a fan of Tidal, I agree that UAPP is probably the best solution for sound that you can get. It is indeed bit-perfect.

Good call on the internet speed. I had forgotten that that could happen with the DX160. If it is your bandwidth, and you SHOULD have fast enough internet speeds, try putting your DX160 on a 5ghz connection and see if it works.

Jan 10, 2022 at 9:49 AM Post #6,192 of 6,983
iBasso DX160 Purist ROM version V1.07.250 released

https://www.fidelizer-audio.com/ibasso-dx160-purist-rom-version-v1-07-250-released/

-Based on iBasso DX160 firmware version V1.07.250
-PerfectDynamics 3.0 Sound Optimizations applied
-Google Play Store added
-Apollo – Fidelity Edition
-build.prop tweaks for better video and storage performance and improve battery life
-Audio engine optimized for only audio playback (EQ/Gaplass features work)

Jan 11, 2022 at 2:54 PM Post #6,193 of 6,983
Something is going wrong installing lurker mod this time.

Maybe it's taking too much time to find the device after connecting USB cable amd changing from "No Device Found" to "Found ONE Loader Device".

The device is only found after enter in recovery mode and the after press the run button (instructions point 6), I get the message "Match device type failed, stop running!"

Jan 11, 2022 at 4:36 PM Post #6,194 of 6,983
Something is going wrong installing lurker mod this time.

Maybe it's taking too much time to find the device after connecting USB cable amd changing from "No Device Found" to "Found ONE Loader Device".

The device is only found after enter in recovery mode and the after press the run button (instructions point 6), I get the message "Match device type failed, stop running!"
It sounds like (if you are following the directions correctly) either you are using the wrong version of the Lurker Mod for the FW version you have, or that you need to reinstall the FW (that it might be corrupted)?!

Jan 12, 2022 at 5:57 AM Post #6,195 of 6,983
It sounds like (if you are following the directions correctly) either you are using the wrong version of the Lurker Mod for the FW version you have, or that you need to reinstall the FW (that it might be corrupted)?!
Thanks for the reply.

Problem solved, seems that it was due to missing rockchip drivers, I forgot that after updating to win 11, the drivers were problably deleted.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back