iBasso DX160 - The listening experience only gets better and better. ******NEW FW 1.09 - link 1st page.******
Oct 18, 2021 at 6:57 PM Post #6,091 of 6,983
Oct 28, 2021 at 2:40 PM Post #6,092 of 6,983
Hi guys, first post here,

got my used dx160 yesterday ( written 2018 on the back, so I suppose it's a 2019 model ), very happy with it so far, flashed Lurker mod too. I am probably going to send it to Ibasso in China for the buffer upgrade, they were very quick to answer, I was expecting a couple days waiting for an email answer, it took them 4hours... impressed by that.

Quick questions though, I read maybe 200 pages of this thread but was not able to find the answers to:

- using HiByMusic, scanning a sdcard takes only 4081 songs ( all my music, a mix of flac and mp3 ). MangoPlayer seems to have found 4107 songs, same as MangoOS. Is it normal or did I do something wrong ? [EDIT: found the issue, the difference, I had a few m4a files which I suppose are not being read by HiByMusic].

- If I send the device back for audio buffer upgrade, should I also ask them to change the battery or something else ?

Thanks !

Last edited:
Oct 29, 2021 at 9:56 AM Post #6,093 of 6,983

got my used dx160 yesterday ( written 2018 on the back, so I suppose it's a 2019 model ), very happy with it so far, flashed Lurker mod too. I am probably going to send it to Ibasso in China for the buffer upgrade, they were very quick to answer, I was expecting a couple days waiting for an email answer, it took them 4hours... impressed by that.

Quick questions though, I read maybe 200 pages of this thread but was not able to find the answers to:

- using HiByMusic, scanning a sdcard takes only 4081 songs ( all my music, a mix of flac and mp3 ). MangoPlayer seems to have found 4107 songs, same as MangoOS. Is it normal or did I do something wrong ? [EDIT: found the issue, the difference, I had a few m4a files which I suppose are not being read by HiByMusic].

- If I send the device back for audio buffer upgrade, should I also ask them to change the battery or something else ?

Thanks !
Well you should get the battery changed if you are sending it.. i mean i would since on my 2020 edition i have started getting battery problems

Oct 29, 2021 at 1:05 PM Post #6,094 of 6,983
Well you should get the battery changed if you are sending it.. i mean i would since on my 2020 edition i have started getting battery problems
On that subject, I think I do have the tool to service it on my own. Though I wonder how I should start at finding the replacement battery for it.

Oct 29, 2021 at 1:10 PM Post #6,095 of 6,983

Thanks !
Be careful I think you can't send an item with battery to China.

Oct 30, 2021 at 4:26 AM Post #6,096 of 6,983
Thanks everybody,

Battery seems to be not too bad, using Tidal ( v2.35 so I can play everything instead of not being able to play HiFi quality with the latest version ), it seems to be about 9% an hour. Using local files seems to be about the same.

Might as well get a fresh new battery though, make sense.

My main idea behind sending it for buffer upgrade is it seems the new buffer allows a bit more current to run, which could potentially benefit the akg k712 I use with it most of the time. Maybe I am wrong though, they do sound great with it anyway.

Oct 30, 2021 at 10:27 AM Post #6,097 of 6,983
Hello everyone. We will have a FW coming out but it will be a little while before it is out. I don't have a definition of a little while because there are always things with FW that have to be worked through and as soon as you do one thing, it something messes up something else so a lot of debugging of the debugging FW. But it will be happening.
Hello Paul - iBasso
If you read this: In almost eight weeks the year will be history. What about the announced firmware update? Can we still expect that this year?

Last edited:
Oct 30, 2021 at 11:57 PM Post #6,098 of 6,983
Be careful I think you can't send an item with battery to China.
I think you have a point there but then if something happens to the device how are we supposed to RMA it. Catch 22! :)

Nov 7, 2021 at 3:50 AM Post #6,102 of 6,983
Guys.....
Anyone knows if DX160 (2020 version) supports APTX adaptive mode for Bluetooth connection???
Planning to buy Fiio UTWS5 over hook true wireless receivers but.... I cannot confirm yet if it's supported either from DX160 or Hiby R5....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back