iBasso DX160 - The listening experience only gets better and better. ******NEW FW 1.09 - link 1st page.******
Jul 1, 2021 at 8:19 AM Post #5,836 of 6,983
I know that the answer to this question is highly subjective and probably a worn out topic but…is there a difference between usb audio player and the tidal app soundwise? I tried comparing them and think that I like the sound from uapp better (when using tidal). But is it possible?
Then you have a good ear. The Tidal app is not bit perfect like UAPP is. The answer is really only subjective if you don't care about bit perfect, and don't mind DSP, etc... But subjectively speaking, with bit perfect off in UAAP, I still prefer UAPP. It has much better DSP (graphic EQ, PEQ, Tonebooster Morphit, etc...). Also keep in mind that the Tidal app upsamples their music through the app. I can't prove or disprove this, other than looking at the numbers at the top of the screen, and have read that is what is going on.

Jul 4, 2021 at 2:43 PM Post #5,837 of 6,983
I don't know right now. Our software team has their own space, of course, they are very focused and will work on the different bugs that have been brought up. Software people are very different, you try to leave them alone. :^) I do know that the Wifi and BT will not really change. There isn't much we can do about it.

New firmware of DX160 will come, but what improvement will iBasso achieve? MQA8x? Some changes at digital filter (including NOS) ? Hmmmm. My poor head can't imagine.

Jul 4, 2021 at 3:03 PM Post #5,838 of 6,983
Then you have a good ear. The Tidal app is not bit perfect like UAPP is. The answer is really only subjective if you don't care about bit perfect, and don't mind DSP, etc... But subjectively speaking, with bit perfect off in UAAP, I still prefer UAPP. It has much better DSP (graphic EQ, PEQ, Tonebooster Morphit, etc...). Also keep in mind that the Tidal app upsamples their music through the app. I can't prove or disprove this, other than looking at the numbers at the top of the screen, and have read that is what is going on.
It seems that Tidal app is bitperfect now with usb dac...don't know more about that...

Jul 4, 2021 at 3:53 PM Post #5,839 of 6,983
It seems that Tidal app is bitperfect now with usb dac...don't know more about that...
Could you elaborate on what makes you think it is bit perfect now? Are you using the DX160 as a transport, or as the DAC from some other device? I was looking and couldn't find anything that verifies this. The last I saw, it was not bit perfect in any form except on the Windows 10 app.

Jul 4, 2021 at 4:13 PM Post #5,841 of 6,983
Could you elaborate on what makes you think it is bit perfect now? Are you using the DX160 as a transport, or as the DAC from some other device? I was looking and couldn't find anything that verifies this. The last I saw, it was not bit perfect in any form except on the Windows 10 app.
People who use it with usb dac say this on the Tidal facebook page with android phone and put pictures of the message they get...but as I said I don't know more about that

Jul 4, 2021 at 4:14 PM Post #5,842 of 6,983
Jul 5, 2021 at 1:38 AM Post #5,843 of 6,983
I don't use Lurker. And I am using NOS of course. The thing I was thinking was something to compensate
the bass weakness of NOS filter. At now, I compensate it with parametric equalizer. I am thinking, but
can't say it clearly. I like the clearness of NOS filter. The center image never becomes vague or fat.
Anyway, I thought iBasso might do something to improve it.

Jul 5, 2021 at 9:57 AM Post #5,844 of 6,983
Screenshot_20210705-155452_Facebook.jpg

Don't think it will change something for our Dac running on android...but maybe in a near future...

Jul 5, 2021 at 10:34 AM Post #5,845 of 6,983
Deleted

Last edited:
Jul 6, 2021 at 5:30 AM Post #5,846 of 6,983
Any idea of what that means ?

20210706_104519.jpg

Jul 6, 2021 at 7:51 AM Post #5,847 of 6,983
@YanaMJ This probably means that there is only first level decoding of the MQA file happening. Are you on the Uapp player? This happens when there is no second level renderer on the output of the UApp first level decoded file.

Last edited:
Jul 6, 2021 at 8:07 AM Post #5,848 of 6,983
@YanaMJ This probably means that there is only first level decoding of the MQA file happening. Are you on the Uapp player? This happens when there is no second level renderer on the output of the UApp first level decoded file.
Thanks for your answer. Yes I'm using UApp

Jul 7, 2021 at 12:40 PM Post #5,850 of 6,983
What about the iBasso page www.ibasso.com. Yesterday I could call her, today this message:
This Account has been suspended.
Contact your hosting provider for more information.
I get the same thing. I also clicked on the link and sent an email. I got a reply of failure to send. Wonder if iBasso forgot to pay their bill for the domain? That would suck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back