iBasso DX160 - The listening experience only gets better and better. ******NEW FW 1.09 - link 1st page.******
Mar 30, 2021 at 7:22 PM Post #5,566 of 6,991
I am definitely interested in that module. I have been waiting to get v4a working on this thing since I got mine. I have found while using Neutron or UAPP not needed as much, but when I stream using Amazon, or others their built in EQ leaves a a lot to be desired.

Edit: I wouldn't stomp on this anyhow. I use EQ on almost ALL of my headphones/IEMs/TWS. There is no such thing as a perfect tuned set of cans for a specific set of ears. But with a bit of DSP I have a few that are almost perfect sounding (to my ears).
I'm not sure if I'm meant to share any kind of links in here. But here it goes I simply started a telegram channel for it. HERE ( v4a , jamesdsp , dolby )

Mar 31, 2021 at 7:40 AM Post #5,567 of 6,991
I am definitely interested in that module. I have been waiting to get v4a working on this thing since I got mine. I have found while using Neutron or UAPP not needed as much, but when I stream using Amazon, or others their built in EQ leaves a a lot to be desired.

Edit: I wouldn't stomp on this anyhow. I use EQ on almost ALL of my headphones/IEMs/TWS. There is no such thing as a perfect tuned set of cans for a specific set of ears. But with a bit of DSP I have a few that are almost perfect sounding (to my ears).
It looks like my post with the telegram link was removed, but here is a direct link to my mega folder with v1 in it. https://mega.nz/folder/Cp92jbIB#iH0FlFGvHsmj8gRWtxnlIg

Edit. Actually it didn't get removed. Anyway direct link and telegram channel for future updates are here

Last edited:
Apr 2, 2021 at 2:30 PM Post #5,568 of 6,991
I can't adjust the volume on the screen while using mango os? (works fine while android )

Apr 3, 2021 at 6:30 AM Post #5,570 of 6,991
Start it off with the knob and then drag your finger up or down on the screen while the numbers are displaying.
works with mango player when using android
not under mango os, just the volume knob
has anyone ever experienced this?

Apr 5, 2021 at 3:45 PM Post #5,571 of 6,991
Does anyone is having problems with Tidal app? I have to select manually the streaming quality now. I always have Master on and it plays automatically but not since the last update. No problems with other devices.

Apr 7, 2021 at 11:42 AM Post #5,573 of 6,991
Closest step up is the M11 Pro from what I've tried.
At that price for the M11 Pro, I would have up my budget and get the DX300 instead.

I'm sick of this. About 20% of the time the DX160 is unresponsive on boot up. I've had two DX200's go faulty on me. One with boot issues and the other the Wi-Fi stopped working. I'm going to RMA this back and never purchase another iBasso product again. Please don't say do a reset, I've done one today, and the unit is only 5 days old.
There are times when I hate the DX160 but other times it's too good to be hated. I actually audition this and the M11 Pro and without much thinking, just the initial impression of the songs played chosed the DX160 and I couldn't be happier.

It is a legit Sandisk 500gb card that has performed faultlessly in a FiiO X7ii, M11 and M11 Pro. Please explain why that is and why an SD card would stop the DX160 booting correctly? It also happens with no card in. Explain that.
Try to format your card while inserted to the DX160 before copying files to it. It might be a card compatibility issue between past device namely Fiio and now iBasso.

I was experiencing hiccups on the Tidal player. Songs would play smoothly for some and then after a while and then it stops. Press on play and it plays 3-5 secs and it stops again. Wifi hotspot from my mobile. I switched to Spotify and it played flawlessly for 20 mins. So it's got to be Tidal.

And sometimes after a few songs I would change playlist. Tapping on the playlist does not play any songs. And when you try to tap on a song to play it, it does not work too.

Pissed off and went ahead to hard reset the whole thing and decided this time to install Lurkers mod. I did it once when I just got the DX160 but it did not work. For fear that I will good the warranty, it took me till now to install Lurkers mod and OMG it's simply awesome. Even 320kbps mp3s sounded awesome. Only gripe is that iso does not work in Mango mode. But other than that, everything else was great. Even Tidal sounded amazing (at least when it works.).

Apr 7, 2021 at 2:04 PM Post #5,574 of 6,991
I've always formatted my cards in a laptop, not a DAP. I've had three DX200's and can't remember if they had the lag. Didn't have them long enough as two went faulty with different faults. Not the DX160 has gone back for a boot-up fault. Couldn't swipe the screen out of lock, on boot up sometimes.

Apr 7, 2021 at 9:21 PM Post #5,576 of 6,991
Do anyone here who owns the DX160 has the DX300? Is it very much better in terms of navigation, Bluetooth and WiFi stability etc while retaining or improved sound quality?

Although i have just updated the Lurker firmware on my DX160 and is more than pleased with it. Seeing the DX300, it keeps begging me to acquire it. And i lile it that it has all 2.5, 3.5 and 4.4 inputs. But it's also weird at the same time that so many people is selling it on Headfi.

Apr 8, 2021 at 1:50 AM Post #5,577 of 6,991
Does anyone is having problems with Tidal app? I have to select manually the streaming quality now. I always have Master on and it plays automatically but not since the last update. No problems with other devices.
I have the same problem. I installed tidal v2.37 (downgraded from v2.39) and that did the trick.

Apr 8, 2021 at 2:55 AM Post #5,578 of 6,991
The Tidal app v2.39 is a very buggy release. A lot of things stopped working with it on my 2020 DX160. Best to get the earlier version.

Apr 8, 2021 at 5:04 AM Post #5,579 of 6,991
Yep. It seems the latest update is kind of buggy but have no problems with the ZX507 or Pixel 4. Better downgrade to earlier versions. Anyway, iBasso has stopped supporting the device long time ago and all efforts goes to the DX300 now.

Apr 8, 2021 at 11:28 AM Post #5,580 of 6,991
Yep. It seems the latest update is kind of buggy but have no problems with the ZX507 or Pixel 4. Better downgrade to earlier versions. Anyway, iBasso has stopped supporting the device long time ago and all efforts goes to the DX300 now.
Yeah, I do not have any problem when playing with my mobile phone. Only on the DX160. Let me try to install the 2.37 version.

Do you plan to get the DX300? There are many other models such as the Shalning M8 and the Hiby R8. Not sure which one to get.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back