iBasso DX160 - The listening experience only gets better and better. ******NEW FW 1.09 - link 1st page.******
Mar 28, 2021 at 9:33 PM Post #5,551 of 6,983
I'm sick of this. About 20% of the time the DX160 is unresponsive on boot up. I've had two DX200's go faulty on me. One with boot issues and the other the Wi-Fi stopped working. I'm going to RMA this back and never purchase another iBasso product again. Please don't say do a reset, I've done one today, and the unit is only 5 days old.

Last edited:
Mar 28, 2021 at 10:53 PM Post #5,552 of 6,983
I'm sick of this. About 20% of the time the DX160 is unresponsive on boot up. I've had two DX200's go faulty on me. One with boot issues and the other the Wi-Fi stopped working. I'm going to RMA this back and never purchase another iBasso product again. Please don't say do a reset, I've done one today, and the unit is only 5 days old.
I would move on. For me, I don't have issues but then I update the firmware and if an issue, reload the firmware and do a factory reset. I have new Sony cameras that are very expensive that out of box needed to be updated. Same goes for my mac computers. Big deal, there is always a learning curve and a lot that goes on when doing coding for these contraptions. But I would move on and get something that will be trouble free for you.

Mar 29, 2021 at 2:17 AM Post #5,553 of 6,983
It had the latest firmware, but I've flashed it again and done a factory reset. I'll see what happens. How about Lurkers firmware?

EDIT. Failed on the second re-boot.

Last edited:
Mar 29, 2021 at 2:28 AM Post #5,554 of 6,983
This sounds like you need a proper sd card. Mine behaved the same until I bought a legit sandisc extreme.

Mar 29, 2021 at 3:02 AM Post #5,555 of 6,983
It is a legit Sandisk 500gb card that has performed faultlessly in a FiiO X7ii, M11 and M11 Pro. Please explain why that is and why an SD card would stop the DX160 booting correctly? It also happens with no card in. Explain that.

Last edited:
Mar 29, 2021 at 3:52 AM Post #5,556 of 6,983
X
Wonder what’s wrong. Cos that’s not what I’m experiencing with my Dx160. You could probably try uninstalling the app and reinstalling it. Btw, did you use Play store or apk to download the App ? If thru apk, try out different apk versions or better use play store to download the app.
May well try to reinstall the app. From play store, and updated in line with latest version. Only thing I'm not sure about is if I reinstall still it still recognise the offline downloads already done. Do not want to go through the task that was to do in the first place again!

Mar 29, 2021 at 4:01 AM Post #5,557 of 6,983
It is a legit Sandisk 500gb card that has performed faultlessly in a FiiO X7ii, M11 and M11 Pro. Please explain why that is and why an SD card would stop the DX160 booting correctly? It also happens with no card in. Explain that.
Calm the f down. Noone forces you to use this device and it seems like 95% of all people here don‘t experience this problem (flawed bootup) except when using a faulty sd card.
I had the exact same problem you described when I used a fake sd card. That‘s why I hinted that.

Mar 29, 2021 at 8:03 AM Post #5,558 of 6,983
Before anyone stomps on this, I myself appreciate the detrimental effects that a dsp can have on audio quality etc etc. V4A is often frowned upon for instance. Though... Being this dap is so flexible and capable, I also use it as a commuting bluetooth streamer and with bluetooth buds, I find a dsp is essential to get any kind of adequate sound out of it. So I will go on to say, I have built a magisk module to use alongside Lurkers firmware mod if one desires. Enabling v4a, Jamesdsp and dolby digital plus. If there's any interest let me know.

Mar 29, 2021 at 9:30 AM Post #5,559 of 6,983
I keep a small capacity memory card in FAT32, just to update firmware on devices. Sometimes devices only seem to update properly from FAT32.. And sometimes they update better from a card that doesn't have a lot of files on it. Just my experience/something to try. (Even when the cards are 100% real and good quality) With the Dx160, normally just OTA update as it works, and is simpler.

Mar 30, 2021 at 3:15 AM Post #5,561 of 6,983
As it's less than a week old, it came with the latest firmware. I've tried Lurker's, but no difference with the slow Mango track switching or the boot issue.
How about mango mode?

Mar 30, 2021 at 6:24 AM Post #5,563 of 6,983
Mango is always slow.
Mango mode, not mango player. You need to reboot to get into mango mode.

If you are in mango mode and it is still slow though, then your player definitely has a problem.

Mar 30, 2021 at 6:32 AM Post #5,564 of 6,983
It was slow in Maango mode. I'm sending it back. This is my fourth iBasso DAP and three have gone wrong. One stopped working with Wi-Fi and now two have developed boot issues. Needless to say, I'll never buy an iBasso product again. I've had loads of FiiO DAPs and never had a hardware issue, just firmware on occasion.

Mar 30, 2021 at 7:15 PM Post #5,565 of 6,983
Before anyone stomps on this, I myself appreciate the detrimental effects that a dsp can have on audio quality etc etc. V4A is often frowned upon for instance. Though... Being this dap is so flexible and capable, I also use it as a commuting bluetooth streamer and with bluetooth buds, I find a dsp is essential to get any kind of adequate sound out of it. So I will go on to say, I have built a magisk module to use alongside Lurkers firmware mod if one desires. Enabling v4a, Jamesdsp and dolby digital plus. If there's any interest let me know.
I am definitely interested in that module. I have been waiting to get v4a working on this thing since I got mine. I have found while using Neutron or UAPP not needed as much, but when I stream using Amazon, or others their built in EQ leaves a a lot to be desired.

Edit: I wouldn't stomp on this anyhow. I use EQ on almost ALL of my headphones/IEMs/TWS. There is no such thing as a perfect tuned set of cans for a specific set of ears. But with a bit of DSP I have a few that are almost perfect sounding (to my ears).

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back