iBasso DX160 - The listening experience only gets better and better. ******NEW FW 1.09 - link 1st page.******
Mar 10, 2021 at 7:55 PM Post #5,492 of 6,983
That's amazing!
I guess. I get more with the DX300. I enjoy both of the daps. The WM1Z gets the most time but have been using it less.

Mar 10, 2021 at 10:50 PM Post #5,493 of 6,983
I have never gotten beyond 10 hours and that was out of SE with lossy .mp3s. Generally I listen out of balanced, screen always off except to start the random play from all my songs, high gain, 40 volume (with planars) or 15 volume from T800 (very low ohms) from either UAPP or Neutron (but used to use Mango, and never got much more). I am on 2019 version, latest FW, Lurker's FW and nothing installed except music related players and the like.

Until the rogue code introduced into UAPP lately, I have never gotten BAD battery life, just not what you are getting. Oh well, I will love this damned thing till the day it dies. Speaking of which, has anyone tried to see if there is a way to replace the battery when that time comes?? I can't really tell if mine is glass or plastic on the back.

Mar 10, 2021 at 11:09 PM Post #5,494 of 6,983
I have never gotten beyond 10 hours and that was out of SE with lossy .mp3s. Generally I listen out of balanced, screen always off except to start the random play from all my songs, high gain, 40 volume (with planars) or 15 volume from T800 (very low ohms) from either UAPP or Neutron (but used to use Mango, and never got much more). I am on 2019 version, latest FW, Lurker's FW and nothing installed except music related players and the like.

Until the rogue code introduced into UAPP lately, I have never gotten BAD battery life, just not what you are getting. Oh well, I will love this damned thing till the day it dies. Speaking of which, has anyone tried to see if there is a way to replace the battery when that time comes?? I can't really tell if mine is glass or plastic on the back.
I think either @Whitigir or @jamato8 opened it up if i am not mistaken.

Mar 11, 2021 at 4:55 AM Post #5,496 of 6,983
PLEASE HELP !!!!!!!

IMG_20210311_114704.jpg

Have tried to download Lurker Firmware and whe i opened Android Tool and clicked on RUN this is what happened ....
have tried to press ΅΅reboot system now΅ but it doesnt respond in any command using the excisting buttons Power-play-up-down volume
dont know what else to do !!!!!!! need desperatly some help guys...................@Lurker help.......

Mar 11, 2021 at 5:03 AM Post #5,497 of 6,983
whe i opened Android Tool and clicked on RUN this is what happened
This usually happens when DX160 is turned on holding Play button. Try to disconnect DX160, force turn it off (press and hold Power for >10 seconds, then release), and try to turn it on again.

Note, that you always can recover DX160 from bad flashing by loading full firmware image from the first post of this thread.

Last edited:
Mar 14, 2021 at 3:26 PM Post #5,500 of 6,983
Hello everyone. I've signed up again after finding this very informative thread. I have had the DX160 (2020) for almost 4 months now and have also experienced painful inadequacies in this DAP, which is very appealing in terms of its concept.
The WiFi problem was particularly annoying, but I was able to solve it halfway. I have my music, almost exclusively MP3 with higher resolution (> 256Kbps), on an SD card, but I also like to listen to internet radio stations that are available worldwide. Originally I had set the WiFi in my home network to n11, before the DX160 I simply had no use for ac and 5GHz. In close proximity without any obstacles, I was able to establish a fairly stable connection for streams, also depending on the audio app. In advance, I had already integrated a WLAN repeater into the network some time ago, which I operate as an access point. It made sense, on the one hand, to supply an internet-enabled kitchen radio, but also to get a stable WiFi in the living room (there are two concrete walls between the router and living room). Since the DX160 can also output audio via S/PDIF, this seemed to be perfect as a stationary interface to make my existing hi-fi system temporarily also suitable for Internet radio reception. But I also had the problem with WiFi crashes as soon as the screen went dark. But only when using the AP. In the vicinity of the router (has a maximum of only 11n) there were mostly no failures. But there are still concrete walls between the router and the receiving location and if someone happened to walk past, there were also dropouts. As a last resort in this dilemma, I activated WLan 5GHz ac on the AP and that brought the breakthrough. I can now listen to my favorite network stations all day long, if necessary, without the stream being interrupted. An older TP-Link TD-W8970B acts as a router and a TP-Link RE450 as an AP.
I only use Bluetooth portable in connection with a BT speaker from GGMM and it works quite stable.
For my taste, I find the possibilities and behavior of the mango player to be unacceptable. It starts with the insertion of music. Intuitive is something else. Functioning gapless seems to be a foreign word for the player, even with MP3, on the contrary, even tracks that were faded out during recording with the fader down to a volume of zero, end (abruptly) audibly with this player for about 1 second before the actual end of the title. This definitely needs to be improved. What I sorely miss with this player is a crossfade function with an adjustable transition time. But without a functioning gappless, this is an illusion.
My favorite player, AIMP for Android, shows how it can be done better. In addition to many formats, it can even play Internet radio and has a functioning EQ with very fine tuning. The player takes over music via playlists that can be created individually (also in advance on the PC). For high-resolution music, I installed the HiByMisic player, although it is more power hungry than the Mango player (the battery drains a little faster).
I hope that there will be another update (@Paul - iBasso) and if it is for the Mango player, so that it does not remain completely unused.

Mar 14, 2021 at 10:36 PM Post #5,501 of 6,983
Mar 14, 2021 at 10:56 PM Post #5,502 of 6,983
Hello everyone. I've signed up again after finding this very informative thread. I have had the DX160 (2020) for almost 4 months now and have also experienced painful inadequacies in this DAP, which is very appealing in terms of its concept.
The WiFi problem was particularly annoying, but I was able to solve it halfway. I have my music, almost exclusively MP3 with higher resolution (> 256Kbps), on an SD card, but I also like to listen to internet radio stations that are available worldwide. Originally I had set the WiFi in my home network to n11, before the DX160 I simply had no use for ac and 5GHz. In close proximity without any obstacles, I was able to establish a fairly stable connection for streams, also depending on the audio app. In advance, I had already integrated a WLAN repeater into the network some time ago, which I operate as an access point. It made sense, on the one hand, to supply an internet-enabled kitchen radio, but also to get a stable WiFi in the living room (there are two concrete walls between the router and living room). Since the DX160 can also output audio via S/PDIF, this seemed to be perfect as a stationary interface to make my existing hi-fi system temporarily also suitable for Internet radio reception. But I also had the problem with WiFi crashes as soon as the screen went dark. But only when using the AP. In the vicinity of the router (has a maximum of only 11n) there were mostly no failures. But there are still concrete walls between the router and the receiving location and if someone happened to walk past, there were also dropouts. As a last resort in this dilemma, I activated WLan 5GHz ac on the AP and that brought the breakthrough. I can now listen to my favorite network stations all day long, if necessary, without the stream being interrupted. An older TP-Link TD-W8970B acts as a router and a TP-Link RE450 as an AP.
I only use Bluetooth portable in connection with a BT speaker from GGMM and it works quite stable.
For my taste, I find the possibilities and behavior of the mango player to be unacceptable. It starts with the insertion of music. Intuitive is something else. Functioning gapless seems to be a foreign word for the player, even with MP3, on the contrary, even tracks that were faded out during recording with the fader down to a volume of zero, end (abruptly) audibly with this player for about 1 second before the actual end of the title. This definitely needs to be improved. What I sorely miss with this player is a crossfade function with an adjustable transition time. But without a functioning gappless, this is an illusion.
My favorite player, AIMP for Android, shows how it can be done better. In addition to many formats, it can even play Internet radio and has a functioning EQ with very fine tuning. The player takes over music via playlists that can be created individually (also in advance on the PC). For high-resolution music, I installed the HiByMisic player, although it is more power hungry than the Mango player (the battery drains a little faster).
I hope that there will be another update (@Paul - iBasso) and if it is for the Mango player, so that it does not remain completely unused.
I would make sure you are on the latest FW and do a factory reset. I don't have any issues at all with gapless and for WiFi I have a later router that puts out a good signal and through a wall and about 25 feet, down just one bar so works well but I know some people have issues.

Mar 15, 2021 at 8:40 AM Post #5,504 of 6,983
I’m trying to install the Lurker FW, my pc recognizes the DX but the Android tool and apps do not. Any suggestions?
Different cable and different usb port?

Mar 15, 2021 at 9:08 AM Post #5,505 of 6,983
just tried same thing. in all 3 apps( ibassousbaudio firmware upgrade, ibassousbaudio control panel, TUSBAudioSpy) not recognized. TUSBAudioSpy says TUSAudio Class Driver is not available. I will admit I'm lost.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back