iBasso DX160 - The listening experience only gets better and better. ******NEW FW 1.09 - link 1st page.******
Feb 25, 2021 at 8:51 AM Post #5,461 of 6,983
I also think iBasso has moved on from supporting the DX160. As you point out, no update to firmware in 6 months. One interpretation is that the company feels the player is
" perfect" as is. As an owner of the 2020 version (used daily) I have a wish list of fixes and features that, if added, might improve the user's experience and enjoyment of the DAP.
I think they're not supporting the DX160 anymore. Hopefully I'm wrong.

My term of comparison is with ZX507 which gets monthly updates but even Hiby or Shanling are doing updates. Maybe iBasso is preparing a new version (DX170/180)?

Feb 25, 2021 at 5:09 PM Post #5,462 of 6,983
It is conceivable that they are now focusing only on 300?

Feb 25, 2021 at 5:18 PM Post #5,463 of 6,983
I also think iBasso has moved on from supporting the DX160. As you point out, no update to firmware in 6 months. My interpretation is that the company feels the player is
"perfect" as is. As an owner of the 2020 version (used daily) I have a wish list of fixes and features that, if added, might improve the user's experience and enjoyment of the DAP.
Tbh, I don‘t think there’s much that they could improve by firmware updates. What would you expect?

most issues some users experience are design-specific and won‘t be affected by fw updates

Feb 26, 2021 at 9:59 AM Post #5,465 of 6,983
I also think iBasso has moved on from supporting the DX160. As you point out, no update to firmware in 6 months. My interpretation is that the company feels the player is
"perfect" as is. As an owner of the 2020 version (used daily) I have a wish list of fixes and features that, if added, might improve the user's experience and enjoyment of the DAP.
Maybe you can send it to Paul from Ibasso, it could be a good idea

Mar 1, 2021 at 4:28 AM Post #5,466 of 6,983
Hi, I am using latest lurker firmware and have installed UAPP and Tidal (with Hifi account).
I have also the issue when trying to play MQA in Tidal that most of the MQA files won't play in Tidal.
When press play in Tidal, the app stops and switches to UAAP, but no song is played. I disabled USA Audio and the switch to UAAP do no longer happens but still most MQA files will not be played in Tidal. Has this issue been resolved? I have seen discussion about it, but could not find e real solution.
Please help, as I use the Tidal app quite often to find new music. Tidal in UAPP is great for listen to Tidal playlists and favorites but bad for looking at new stuff in Tidal.
Thx!

Mar 1, 2021 at 5:10 AM Post #5,467 of 6,983
I disabled USA Audio and the switch to UAAP do no longer happens
Don't touch it again until you have fully understand how it works.

Mar 1, 2021 at 5:19 AM Post #5,468 of 6,983
Thanks for the advice, will do.
But still no MQA in Tidal. :/

Mar 1, 2021 at 5:35 AM Post #5,469 of 6,983
Ok, I found a simple "solution", I just set the streaming quality to Hifi, which is fine for me for browsing through new music.
But still I would very much like to know what is the problem with Tidal - MQA - UAPP, but propably will never know... :wink:

Mar 1, 2021 at 7:21 AM Post #5,470 of 6,983
Ok, I found a simple "solution", I just set the streaming quality to Hifi, which is fine for me for browsing through new music.
But still I would very much like to know what is the problem with Tidal - MQA - UAPP, but propably will never know... :wink:
But as i understand the problem is with your dap right? Using lates version? Because myself had no problems with tidal and mqa playback or uapp player and mqa. Eveything works and plays. Using lurker mod and my dap is 2019 version with latest version installed.

Mar 1, 2021 at 8:23 AM Post #5,471 of 6,983
Thanks. I don't think it is the DAP (2020 Version). As MQA worked in Tidal fine before I have installed UAPP. MQA in UAPP also no problem.

Mar 1, 2021 at 8:43 AM Post #5,472 of 6,983
Hi, I am using latest lurker firmware and have installed UAPP and Tidal (with Hifi account).
I have also the issue when trying to play MQA in Tidal that most of the MQA files won't play in Tidal.
When press play in Tidal, the app stops and switches to UAAP, but no song is played. I disabled USA Audio and the switch to UAAP do no longer happens but still most MQA files will not be played in Tidal. Has this issue been resolved? I have seen discussion about it, but could not find e real solution.
Please help, as I use the Tidal app quite often to find new music. Tidal in UAPP is great for listen to Tidal playlists and favorites but bad for looking at new stuff in Tidal.
Thx!
I had similar inconvenient with tidal's mqa and usb audio. For tidal just disable it, for internal music enable it, that's all

Mar 1, 2021 at 9:54 AM Post #5,473 of 6,983
But still no MQA in Tidal.
You may try to perform factory reset, then install Tidal and UAPP and check, without changing anything in USB Audio application.

Mar 3, 2021 at 10:32 PM Post #5,474 of 6,983
I have this for almost 9 months and it has never happened to me
As of today, I am having the same issue. Went from 100% to 0 in about 3 hours (maybe a bit less). The only thing that has changed (which I don't normally do) is I updated UAPP. The DX has NEVER had the best battery life, but it has gotten me through at least a day while at work.

I may try resetting it, but I need to figure out how to export/save my PEQ and EQ settings (worked very hard to get most of my headphones/IEMs sounding good) from UAPP. I suppose I could try and uninstalling UAPP and test it first though.

Mar 3, 2021 at 11:29 PM Post #5,475 of 6,983
As of today, I am having the same issue. Went from 100% to 0 in about 3 hours (maybe a bit less). The only thing that has changed (which I don't normally do) is I updated UAPP. The DX has NEVER had the best battery life, but it has gotten me through at least a day while at work.

I may try resetting it, but I need to figure out how to export/save my PEQ and EQ settings (worked very hard to get most of my headphones/IEMs sounding good) from UAPP. I suppose I could try and uninstalling UAPP and test it first though.
I also narrowed it down to UAPP but with the latest update the battery drain seems to be a lot less. However, a few updates earlier it was a guzzler. Do you have the latest UAPP build? I was thinking of asking the dev what's up. Please do let me know what your conclusion is after you try resetting etc.
Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back