iBasso DX160 - The listening experience only gets better and better. ******NEW FW 1.09 - link 1st page.******
Feb 23, 2021 at 1:06 PM Post #5,446 of 6,983
hi all, I have the latest firmware but I noticed that when I turn the volume up and switch iems and lower the volume. it somehow remembers the last volume for a split seconds it blasts the iem before readjusting the volume back to where it is.. wondering if anyone else has this issue?

ex. iem 1 was set at 50. then I switch to iem 2 and lower the volume to 10.. the volume would be spike back to 50 when I hit play for half a second then go to 10...

it's annoying and I wonder how to fix that?

Feb 23, 2021 at 1:06 PM Post #5,447 of 6,983
Feb 23, 2021 at 1:08 PM Post #5,448 of 6,983
hi all, I have the latest firmware but I noticed that when I turn the volume up and switch iems and lower the volume. it somehow remembers the last volume for a split seconds it blasts the iem before readjusting the volume back to where it is.. wondering if anyone else has this issue?

ex. iem 1 was set at 50. then I switch to iem 2 and lower the volume to 10.. the volume would be spike back to 50 when I hit play for half a second then go to 10...

I have this for almost 9 months and it has never happened to me

Feb 23, 2021 at 2:23 PM Post #5,449 of 6,983

Agreed, never seemed to happen to me either . Try a factory reset and see ?

Feb 23, 2021 at 2:32 PM Post #5,450 of 6,983
I haven't had it happen either. I would do a factory reset. And if that fails, Use the Android tool on the 1st page, I think it is there, and the .img firmware and then update again to the latest firmware.

Feb 23, 2021 at 2:47 PM Post #5,451 of 6,983
I have also read of some buying a more up to date router and having no more issues. My router is a few years old, maybe 6 or 7, but puts out a good signal and I don't have any problems through one wall (thick) and about 20 feI have also read of some buying a more up to date router and having no more issues.
Thanks for your reply. Ido have an extender in the same room so probably ok then.

Can you easily put google play store on from apk pure and if so will my apps that I’ve previously bought via the play store work for example Poweramp I’ve bought on play store will it then work .

sorry for all the questions I’m just going in circles trying to decide what to buy the more you read the harder it becomes! I’m down to iBasso dx160, Hiby r5 or wait for Shanling m3x to see what thats like. The iBasso looks fab.

Feb 23, 2021 at 2:50 PM Post #5,452 of 6,983
Thanks for your reply. Ido have an extender in the same room so probably ok then.

Can you easily put google play store on from apk pure and if so will my apps that I’ve previously bought via the play store work for example Poweramp I’ve bought on play store will it then work .

sorry for all the questions I’m just going in circles trying to decide what to buy the more you read the harder it becomes! I’m down to iBasso dx160, Hiby r5 or wait for Shanling m3x to see what thats like. The iBasso looks fab.
I don't tend to use apps. I know the sound of the DX160 is excellent, very musical. For apps, I am sure other can chime in.

Feb 23, 2021 at 3:11 PM Post #5,453 of 6,983

Yep, install play store from apk and then all should be good. Was for me with uapp

Feb 23, 2021 at 3:20 PM Post #5,454 of 6,983

I‘ve experienced the exact same issue on the first day or so. Will try if this still happens... I religiously check volume levels and press play before putting the iems in, because I had it at 80 Line-Out and switched to 30 Phone-Out.
Ouch for half a second

Feb 24, 2021 at 12:44 AM Post #5,455 of 6,983
...And the plot thickens...
Test period is 1 hour
1) Wifi on --> Playing local flac files on UAPP --> Battery drain is 16%
2) Wifi On --> Spotify --> Battery drain is 10%

I am a little confused as to what exactly is happening here. :xf_confused:

Feb 24, 2021 at 4:54 AM Post #5,457 of 6,983
I wonder how's the battery consumption under airplane mode (wifi/bt all off) and only playing local FLAC files on Mango Player.

The battery performance is better in airplane mode. Playing local files is always better but from memory UAPP will drain battery faster. The same with Neutron when using PCM -> DSD.

I'm having problems with Mango playing MQA files, it can't play gapless. It's annoying when listening live albums. Not sure about battery drain, need to check it.

I'm using Lurker Add-on but I believe probably the problem is with iBasso. I think they should provide long term updates. The last one is from August.

Feb 24, 2021 at 5:24 AM Post #5,458 of 6,983
The battery performance is better in airplane mode. Playing local files is always better but from memory UAPP will drain battery faster. The same with Neutron when using PCM -> DSD.

I'm having problems with Mango playing MQA files, it can't play gapless. It's annoying when listening live albums. Not sure about battery drain, need to check it.

I'm using Lurker Add-on but I believe probably the problem is with iBasso. I think they should provide long term updates. The last one is from August.
Besides playing MQA files with Mango Player. Do you have any issue playing other types of audio files? BTW, yours is 2020 version?

Feb 24, 2021 at 5:58 AM Post #5,459 of 6,983
Besides playing MQA files with Mango Player. Do you have any issue playing other types of audio files? BTW, yours is 2020 version?
It's the 2020 version. I don't have any problems with other audio files but mainly using FLAC 16/44.1 and 24/96. Most of the time I use Neutron and Tidal. Actually Mango Player it's the only app I've had issues.

Feb 25, 2021 at 8:14 AM Post #5,460 of 6,983
"... I believe probably the problem is with iBasso. I think they should provide long term updates. The last one is from August."
I also think iBasso has moved on from supporting the DX160. As you point out, no update to firmware in 6 months. My interpretation is that the company feels the player is
"perfect" as is. As an owner of the 2020 version (used daily) I have a wish list of fixes and features that, if added, might improve the user's experience and enjoyment of the DAP.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back