iBasso DX160 - The listening experience only gets better and better. ******NEW FW 1.09 - link 1st page.******
Feb 23, 2020 at 10:32 AM Post #2,793 of 6,991
Just installed Lurker's DX160 add ons. Thanks so much for the very easy installation process..

Feb 23, 2020 at 2:31 PM Post #2,794 of 6,991
Been using Lurker's DX160 add on for a couple of hours now. Sonically, I believe it performs the same as the default Mango player however the Hiby player in Lurker's add on has more vertical soundstage. Definitely worth installing..

Feb 23, 2020 at 4:38 PM Post #2,795 of 6,991
Leather?? It's NOT Leather.... Just fake leather. So it's not real or better say just plastic.

The suède mentioned in your review is just microfiber. And Italian PU leather?? whahaha (read Italian plastic manufacturer)

Please com'on ... if you review something tell the real deal....
At the end it can be a good and satisfying case. But just don't tell the manufacturer his marketing terms.

The definition of PU Leather (Leather on BS marketing Steroids).

Sorry for the rant... But i just hate those companies and reviews for misinformation or sell something for something better while it is not.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Artificial_leather

Last edited:
Feb 23, 2020 at 5:38 PM Post #2,796 of 6,991
Leather?? It's NOT Leather.... Just fake leather. So it's not real or better say just plastic.

And the suède in your review is just microfiber.
Please... if you review something tell the real deal....
At the end it can be a good and satisfying case. But just don't tell the manufacturer his marketing terms.

The definition of PU Leather (Leather on marketing BS Steroids).

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Artificial_leather

For $40, I would want real leather.

Feb 23, 2020 at 6:44 PM Post #2,798 of 6,991
Yeah that's for sure....This case can't be worth more than 20 Dollars.

I believe there is a manufacturer on Ebay. I believe A6 or something. I can't comment on it. But it says genuine real leather.

I think I saw that also, doing a search for ibasso dx160 case on search, but I hadn't heard anything about it before. Also, IIRC, that seller didn't have either a lot of reviews, or good reviews (don't remember), so I decided to stick with the silicone case for now.

I like the silicone case. I was just looking to "jazz" it up a bit, and while that Miter case WOULD "jazz" it up a bit, it looks cheap (and looks less protective than the stock case), and knowing it is PU leather would mean that it wouldn't last more than a couple of years in my pocket..... heh

Feb 24, 2020 at 2:21 PM Post #2,799 of 6,991
IMG_20200225_030125-1.jpg

Mango OS mode from Lurker's mod

5 hrs from full charge driving a vido earbud at 20 volume, low gain, SE connection

I get a little more than 12hrs from stock mango player with the same setup

Feb 24, 2020 at 7:04 PM Post #2,800 of 6,991
IMG_20200225_030125-1.jpg

Mango OS mode from Lurker's mod

5 hrs from full charge driving a vido earbud at 20 volume, low gain, SE connection

I get a little more than 12hrs from stock mango player with the same setup

Maybe Mango OS doesn't use sleep, or Doze the same way (or is absent altogether) as android does??? I did also notice more drain using Mango OS.

Feb 24, 2020 at 10:52 PM Post #2,801 of 6,991
+1 for Lurker's mod, especially for Mango OS. Good work! I think without Mango OS this player is not completed. I don't stream, only play mostly flacs and dsds from 1TB sd using only true wired headphones :) so don't need Google services and other bs. Hope iBasso is going to add Mango OS to default firmware in next version.

Regarding Mitter case... Tried that and returned (amazon). The main concern was size. It should have been a bit tighter since it was sliding out too easy. And yes, $40 for plastic case...

Feb 24, 2020 at 11:44 PM Post #2,802 of 6,991
Mango OS mode is great. I find it sounding a little better than the default Mango player. I topped my test at 8 hours using it before my battery totally died

Feb 25, 2020 at 6:43 AM Post #2,804 of 6,991
So the Mango OS player eats more juice than stock. Surprisingly....

Yeah. 8 hrs of straight usage is not bad, really. I find mango OS by lurker to be the same as the stock mango player but has a little more details in treble and it also has a taller soundstage too..

Feb 25, 2020 at 6:57 AM Post #2,805 of 6,991
Yeah. 8 hrs of straight usage is not bad, really. I find mango OS by lurker to be the same as the stock mango player but has a little more details in treble and it also has a taller soundstage too..

Hmmm... That's interesting that you would say they sound different, because they SHOULDN'T sound different, as they are both bit-perfect. But, I'll give it a listen and see if my ears also pick up on this.

Regarding Mitter case... Tried that and returned (amazon). The main concern was size. It should have been a bit tighter since it was sliding out too easy. And yes, $40 for plastic case...

Yeah, I didn't think that it looked (from the pictures) that it fit really well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back