iBasso DX160 - The listening experience only gets better and better. ******NEW FW 1.09 - link 1st page.******
Feb 10, 2020 at 7:22 AM Post #2,658 of 6,983
I was trying to use the DX160 to receive audio from the TV.will try again and let you know.It was so easy on the R5.

In that case, I also tried it with my phone (because I don't think my tv has BT broadcast, only reciever), and while I was able to find my phone on the DX, it would not connect. iBasso needs to know about this, as I suspect it can be fixed via software. I don't think this is a hardware issue.

There are ways you can do this; Neutron even has an alternative method for doing so detailed at their website. Seems much simpler to me to just go ahead and use Lurker00's Firmware Add-on which provides numerous benefits in addition to Google Services. See https://github.com/Lurker00/DX160-Firmware-Add-on

If you are just wanting Google Store (to be able to install your apps), you can install it from Apk Pure. I noticed that when I got mine Google Services were already installed, just not the store app. If you are just wanting UAPP, you can sideload it by downloading the APK file and simply running it from the DX

Feb 10, 2020 at 8:35 AM Post #2,659 of 6,983
There are ways you can do this; Neutron even has an alternative method for doing so detailed at their website. Seems much simpler to me to just go ahead and use Lurker00's Firmware Add-on which provides numerous benefits in addition to Google Services. See https://github.com/Lurker00/DX160-Firmware-Add-on

Lurker00 already tried it but the same problem - WLAn switches off.

Feb 10, 2020 at 9:48 AM Post #2,661 of 6,983
In that case, I also tried it with my phone (because I don't think my tv has BT broadcast, only receiver), and while I was able to find my phone on the DX, it would not connect. iBasso needs to know about this, as I suspect it can be fixed via software. I don't think this is a hardware issue.

If I use my phone(After confirming 4 digit code) to send audio to the DX160 under advanced settings in Mango player, it works. The issue maybe with the 4 digit code.DX160 shows it, TV never shows it. so the TV may be trying to connect in a more basic way as with the R5 or regular BT headphones. I tried developer mode but no options to control how DX160 connects to BT.

Firmware update may be able to simplify the connection method as you said.

Feb 10, 2020 at 9:59 AM Post #2,662 of 6,983
If I use my phone(After confirming 4 digit code) to send audio to the DX160 under advanced settings in Mango player, it works. The issue maybe with the 4 digit code.DX160 shows it, TV never shows it. so the TV may be trying to connect in a more basic way as with the R5 or regular BT headphones. I tried developer mode but no options to control how DX160 connects to BT.

Firmware update may be able to simplify the connection method as you said.

When I tried it from my phone to the DX I didn't even get a pop-up on either the phone or the DX for a code, but when reverse pairing to my TV, I got a code on the DX but not the TV. Turns out the code was not needed when pairing to the TV anyway. The code on the DX just went away and said I was connected.

Now on the phone/DX connection, it took about 3 scans before the phone would even show up on the DX, and even then it only showed the mac address, and said, "Getting Name" (which it never did). Trying to connect, it never did. It just said "Could Not Connect". It didn't give any errors or any other indicators as to why it wouldn't. I think you might be on to something with the code thing. I will keep testing and working on it. This is the first thing on the DX that I couldn't do that was advertised.

What FW version are you on? I'm on the newest 1.04.150.

Feb 10, 2020 at 2:20 PM Post #2,664 of 6,983
I'm on the same latest Stock firmware. The latest firmware is giving me issues connecting to my LG V35.sometimes it connects, some times it doesn't. I will try the previous firmware and see what happens.

I am not sure using a different firmware revision will help (you can try though). I don't have issues connecting to my BT headphones at all, but I still can't connect in BT DAC mode with either my phone, or (now) my pc.

Keep in mind that the BT connection (and to some extent the WiFi) is spotty at best for some, though I have had 0 issues until trying the BT DAC connection.

Feb 10, 2020 at 2:56 PM Post #2,665 of 6,983
Is there an option within Android to shut off the Dx160 after a certain amount of time and no use? I want to avoid draining battery if I forget to turn it off.

Within Mango player there is a sleep timer function, but it always resets itself and turns off every time I open the app. My Player has never gone to sleep on its own. I plan to use UAPP and Poweramp long term, however.

Thanks.

Feb 10, 2020 at 2:58 PM Post #2,666 of 6,983
Is there an option within Android to shut off the Dx160 after a certain amount of time and no use? I want to avoid draining battery if I forget to turn it off.

Within Mango player there is a sleep timer function, but it always resets itself and turns off every time I open the app. My Player has never gone to sleep on its own. I plan to use UAPP and Poweramp long term, however.

Thanks.

I was literally about the post this same comment, can't find it myself.

Feb 10, 2020 at 3:55 PM Post #2,667 of 6,983

Thanks.

If you root the device you can use an app to shut it down based on time, but without rooting it, you will have to settle for a timer that just kills all apps. I use an app called Sleep Timer . It works really well. The built in Mango timer only works with the Mango player, whereas Sleep Timer works with all tasks. It won't shut down the device, but you can have it shut down all apps, WiFi, and BT. Hope this helps.

Feb 10, 2020 at 4:45 PM Post #2,668 of 6,983
If you root the device you can use an app to shut it down based on time, but without rooting it, you will have to settle for a timer that just kills all apps. I use an app called Sleep Timer . It works really well. The built in Mango timer only works with the Mango player, whereas Sleep Timer works with all tasks. It won't shut down the device, but you can have it shut down all apps, WiFi, and BT. Hope this helps.

Thanks I will give this a shot.

Feb 10, 2020 at 5:32 PM Post #2,669 of 6,983
What's odd is that I've got an Android-based e-ink ereader that absolutely has the functionality built in by its friendly Chinese overlords to go ahead and automatically shut itself off after the screen has been asleep (and no audio is playing, presumably, since even the built-in reader app can convert text to speech) for x number of user-specified minutes. So it's definitely POSSIBLE, it's just something that has to be baked in to the OS at a deep level.

Feb 10, 2020 at 5:36 PM Post #2,670 of 6,983
Yeah my DX90 is set to shut off after 15 minutes of no use. Why would this feature not be present on the DX160? Honestly, I feel overall that android is more of a headache than a simpler OS that is just meant to play music and only do that. I'm having some regrets with buying this DAP. I just want something that plays music and acts like a DAP and not a phone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back