iBasso DX160 - The listening experience only gets better and better. ******NEW FW 1.09 - link 1st page.******
Feb 10, 2020 at 5:39 PM Post #2,671 of 6,983
Yeah my DX90 is set to shut off after 15 minutes of no use. Why would this feature not be present on the DX160? Honestly, I feel overall that android is more of a headache than a simpler OS that is just meant to play music and only do that. I'm having some regrets with buying this DAP. I just want something that plays music and acts like a DAP and not a phone.

Not trying to be "that guy" but if you're buying a full Android OS DAP then it is more or less a phone given it acts like a phone without the connectivity to be one.

Feb 10, 2020 at 6:49 PM Post #2,675 of 6,983
DX160 with the reason why the 3.5mm sounds so good and LO is also great ? Where as 4.4mm isn’t too crazy ?

The ribbon cables connect toward the 4.4mm.

X_x

Hmmm. I find my HE400S sound MUCH better out of the 4.4mm jack than that of the 3.5mm jack (not to say the 3.5 is nothing short of fantastic itself). But, I guess that could be because of the extra power exciting those planars?!

I really thought having an Android OS would make the DAP better in every way. Which is why I bought it. But now I'm not so sure.

I honestly think that it DOES make it better in every way. Keep in mind, my last DAP was Fiio's first proprietary OS, so the change is very welcome to me.

Feb 10, 2020 at 8:32 PM Post #2,677 of 6,983
Yeah, the 4.4mm has powerful output :). However, if Ibasso would have gone for the internal wirings like Sony Walkman, then it would be much better performances. I am never crazy about those Ribbon interconnect.

IC. Do you think it is a "try to keep price down" thing, or just an oversight? I would agree that no corner should be cut, but that would just be me wanting to make the absolut best product I could...

Feb 10, 2020 at 8:51 PM Post #2,678 of 6,983
I would say that it is there and deemed adequate for the product and price point.

I am just saying that it could have been improved by hand soldering job of internal wires instead...which likely to bump up the price a little bit

I am just guessing though.

The Ak380, SP1000, 2000 and all those expensive stuff are using it...now that is corner cutting

Feb 10, 2020 at 8:58 PM Post #2,679 of 6,983
I would say that it is there and deemed adequate for the product and price point.

I am just saying that it could have been improved by hand soldering job of internal wires instead...which likely to bump up the price a little bit

I am just guessing though.

The Ak380, SP1000, 2000 and all those expensive stuff are using it...now that is corner cutting

Wow! I had no idea.

Feb 11, 2020 at 5:41 AM Post #2,680 of 6,983
Anyone else having an issue with launcher3 frequently hanging at startup?

Feb 11, 2020 at 9:07 AM Post #2,682 of 6,983
I am not sure using a different firmware revision will help (you can try though). I don't have issues connecting to my BT headphones at all, but I still can't connect in BT DAC mode with either my phone, or (now) my pc.

Keep in mind that the BT connection (and to some extent the WiFi) is spotty at best for some, though I have had 0 issues until trying the BT DAC connection.

The issue I have is with the Smart TV. BT DAC mode actually works with my LGV35 (I made sure BT is on and the second setting in Android AMP+DAC mode) sending audio to the DX160. I haven't tried my Sony BT Headphones. Gonna try different solutions and report back.

Last edited:
Feb 11, 2020 at 2:58 PM Post #2,683 of 6,983
I also have the same problem with my Samsung smartTV, circa 2013.....
Can connect bluetooth from my tv with my Shanling UP4, and get audio that way, but not with the DX160. Im not sure why they would be different for transmitting audio from the tv to the unit. It's not that big of a deal, just thought it would be cool to hear my tv through the DAP and my UE Live IEMs

Feb 11, 2020 at 6:56 PM Post #2,684 of 6,983
I also have the same problem with my Samsung smartTV, circa 2013.....
Can connect Bluetooth from my tv with my Shanling UP4, and get audio that way, but not with the DX160. I'm not sure why they would be different for transmitting audio from the tv to the unit. It's not that big of a deal, just thought it would be cool to hear my tv through the DAP and my UE Live IEMs

yeah, same here because when watching something on my phone with audio going to the Dx160 + Brand new Fiio FH1s (13.6" dynamic+ dual BA)... the sound stage is twice as wide and details are amazing. I wanted to use my Smart Tv which is a 2017 model, so not that old. Could be the security / Pin Number connection method instead of a more basic connection method as with most Bluetooth headphones or even the Hiby R5, Sony ZX300 which connect easily.no pin code confirmation necessary.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back