iBasso DX160 - The listening experience only gets better and better. ******NEW FW 1.09 - link 1st page.******
Oct 31, 2019 at 10:44 AM Post #1,052 of 6,983
Has anybody tried hiby music? There is like a sound glitch when I hit pause. Also the hardware buttons don't respond reliably.
Yeah that happened on the unit I tried. It used to happen in the N5ii occasionally as well.

Oct 31, 2019 at 11:50 AM Post #1,054 of 6,983
IMG_20191031_192456.jpg I can't sync dx160 to my car audio via bluetooth which m11 do. So, play button doesnt work. Please, fix it @Paul - iBasso

Last edited:
Oct 31, 2019 at 12:03 PM Post #1,055 of 6,983
Today I watched a review saying that streaming apps when WiFi on cause significant hiss, especially when you touch the screen while an app active. This is unacceptable for me as a Tidal user.
I think you mean this video at 1:30:

It is weird since he is not talking about the usual hiss when using with sensitive IEMs but noise when scrolling/touching the screen. anyone with CA Andromeda/Solaris can confirm this? @twister6 can you reproduce the problem on your device?
I was about to pull the trigger on selling my DX157 and buying the DX160.

Last edited:
Oct 31, 2019 at 12:07 PM Post #1,056 of 6,983
If you are having a battery issue please be sure you are on the latest firmware.

For the BT, we are looking into this.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Oct 31, 2019 at 12:17 PM Post #1,059 of 6,983
If you are having a battery issue please be sure you are on the latest firmware.

For the BT, we are looking into this.
Thanks Paul. I am on the latest firmware. Thats the first thing i checked after reading the threads here and made sure it is at 1.01.084. I will play through it a few more days and should the status doesnt improve I will update you too. Thanks Paul.

Oct 31, 2019 at 5:51 PM Post #1,061 of 6,983
If it's a QC3.0 charger that you're looking for, get Mi's QC3.0 charger which sells for like $8. I tried a lot of chargers with my R6 Pro and none of them were charging well (numbers mentioned in Hiby's tests) including my OnePlus Warp and Dash chargers. I was initially charging it with Mi's regular charger (not QC3.0) but it took a bit more time for full charge.

Mi's QC3.0 charges perfectly very quickly. It also fits Hiby's charging input specs 'almost' perfectly.

Is Mi the brand name, because I'm not finding it.

Oct 31, 2019 at 7:10 PM Post #1,064 of 6,983
Does anyone knows how to take a screenshot with DX160?
I tried these but nothing happened.
power + volume wheel up
power + volume wheel down
power + previous
power + next
three-finger gesture
I would download an app using APK Pure.

Oct 31, 2019 at 11:28 PM Post #1,065 of 6,983
Is anyone using Shozy BG with this DAP. Using this IEM on DX160 SE port when using streaming app like spotify, there is noise (floor noise, sometime buzzer noise), sometime its very noticeable and annoying, sometime its noise sound smaller. When using mango player there is no noise (or there is but a very low, very hard to notice). I try with CIEM Avara AV3, got some problem. But when using Phonak PFE 112 or Kinera Idun Deluxe, those noise unnoticeable. I Think both BG and AV3 is high sensitive IEM. I have almost same problem when using Android Phone LG V20 QUADDAC modded force high impedance. Is there is a way to lower gain more than default low gain setting.

Also i find a ghost touch on screen. once when i charge it, when unlock screen, touch goes crazy. but after turn off and turn on screen, its normal again. Once not when charging, happen on screen lock also.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back