iBasso DX160 - The listening experience only gets better and better. ******NEW FW 1.09 - link 1st page.******
Jan 11, 2021 at 9:37 PM Post #5,162 of 6,983
Hi all - another question about battery life. I am getting quite awful battery life with the following - I probably get a few hours with this setting.
Firmware: Lurker
Settings: Airplane mode, Google services off, Battery Saver
Running Apps: USB Audio app, Hiby music app (using USB DAC)
Audio format: FLAC 16bit on SD

Is this what everyone else is experiencing? What I read on this forum was that USB DAC might have been more battery efficient bypassing Android. Going back to non-USB Audio mode and using Mango seems to suck less battery power in my initial comparison.

Jan 11, 2021 at 10:49 PM Post #5,163 of 6,983
Hi all - another question about battery life. I am getting quite awful battery life with the following - I probably get a few hours with this setting.
Firmware: Lurker
Settings: Airplane mode, Google services off, Battery Saver
Running Apps: USB Audio app, Hiby music app (using USB DAC)
Audio format: FLAC 16bit on SD

Is this what everyone else is experiencing? What I read on this forum was that USB DAC might have been more battery efficient bypassing Android. Going back to non-USB Audio mode and using Mango seems to suck less battery power in my initial comparison.
How much are you getting? I think you should turn on google play services on as has been mentioned on previous pages.

Jan 12, 2021 at 3:48 AM Post #5,164 of 6,983
On DX160 when I have both Mango player and Spotify apps open, physical buttons don't work properly.
When I play music using mango with screen switched off and press play/pause it activates Spotify play button and starts playing last Spotify track and vice versa. When I play Spotify track and press pause it activates mango last played track.
Anyone knows how to fix it?

Jan 12, 2021 at 4:18 AM Post #5,165 of 6,983
Jan 12, 2021 at 7:40 AM Post #5,166 of 6,983
On DX160 when I have both Mango player and Spotify apps open, physical buttons don't work properly.
When I play music using mango with screen switched off and press play/pause it activates Spotify play button and starts playing last Spotify track and vice versa. When I play Spotify track and press pause it activates mango last played track.
Anyone knows how to fix it?
You can go to the recent apps on home screen and dismiss the offending app (close it) then Mango would work as expected.

Jan 12, 2021 at 9:03 AM Post #5,167 of 6,983
You can go to the recent apps on home screen and dismiss the offending app (close it) then Mango would work as expected.
Closing one app doesn't really help. Even if I force stop one of the apps it sometimes launches itself after pressing physical play button using another app!?
It only helps when I completely restart player and use only one music app and don't launch the other at all.
That is not convenient at all when I want to play one album from magno player library and then switch to spotify to play another album.
After doing that physical buttons go crazy and activate the contols of music app that is currently in the background and ignore controls from the app that is actually playing music.

Jan 12, 2021 at 9:11 AM Post #5,168 of 6,983
Hi i have some questions hopefully you guys can answer my question about DX160 2020 version
- first about wifi signal strength are they weak?
- Are the wifi signal interference to 3.5 or 4.4 port?
- Lastly are new 2020 can be used as bluetooth reciever in LDAC codec or still AAC and SBC?

thank you 😘

Jan 12, 2021 at 9:29 AM Post #5,169 of 6,983
Hi i have some questions hopefully you guys can answer my question about DX160 2020 version
- first about wifi signal strength are they weak?
- Are the wifi signal interference to 3.5 or 4.4 port?
- Lastly are new 2020 can be used as bluetooth reciever in LDAC codec or still AAC and SBC?

thank you 😘
1. for me the signal strength is normal, but i have a very good WiFi coverage at home
2. no
3. i could only get SBC/AAC to work with my P30 Pro

Jan 12, 2021 at 9:36 AM Post #5,170 of 6,983
1. for me the signal strength is normal, but i have a very good WiFi coverage at home
2. no
3. i could only get SBC/AAC to work with my P30 Pro

may i know what iem did you used? because my previous dx160 vanilla has noise from either wifi or bluetooth trough 3.5 and 4.4 on my Andromeda 2020.
so sad i thought 2020 already fix about bluetooth codec 😚

thank you so much 💃

Jan 12, 2021 at 9:41 AM Post #5,171 of 6,983
may i know what iem did you used? because my previous dx160 vanilla has noise from either wifi or bluetooth trough 3.5 and 4.4 on my Andromeda 2020.
so sad i thought 2020 already fix about bluetooth codec 😚

thank you so much 💃

Mostly cheap ones, since i wait for my Monarchs.
So KZ ZS10 Pro, KZ ZSX, BLON BL-03, Shuoer Tape.
Also i tried it with the Beyerdynamic 1770/1990 Pros and the Focal Clear Professional and never had problems.

Jan 12, 2021 at 9:44 AM Post #5,172 of 6,983
Mostly cheap ones, since i wait for my Monarchs.
So KZ ZS10 Pro, KZ ZSX, BLON BL-03, Shuoer Tape.
Also i tried it with the Beyerdynamic 1770/1990 Pros and the Focal Clear Professional and never had problems.

no not because of price, but mostly because of iem sensitivity to noise who can pick up some interference from wifi and also bluetooth 😚, im not to worry about full size headphone cause of higher impedance.

thank you once again 💃

Jan 12, 2021 at 9:37 PM Post #5,174 of 6,983
This is the reason. XMOS chip is power hungry.
Thanks for the reply. What is the recommended use case for running USB App for the direct DAC play for when it is plugged into power then? When it is plugged in with power to avoid excessive battery drain?

Should I be leaving the DX160 plugged into power when I am using it at my desk or is that a no-no?

Jan 13, 2021 at 2:06 AM Post #5,175 of 6,983
What is the recommended use case for running USB App for the direct DAC play for when it is plugged into power then?
There is no a special recommendation for this case. Like with any other use of any DAP powered from a charger, it is recommended to pre-charge it, to reduce the heat.

The recommended way for USB Audio app itself is "don't use it" :) Use Mango/Neutron/UAPP instead. But if you really feel the sound difference and want to continue using, then don't complain.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back