iBasso DX160 - The listening experience only gets better and better. ******NEW FW 1.09 - link 1st page.******
Jun 9, 2020 at 8:53 AM Post #3,886 of 6,991
You think, better sound in Mango is Lurker's achievement? I kinda doubt that, actually, I can't see how sound can be noticeably better on the same device in different modes. What happens there in Mango mode that improves things? Perhaps it's just the placebo effect?

It's not placebo...i tested using the same exact song, volume setting, and IEM's. You should try it and report back. There's better definition and accuracy in Mango OS mode. My 2 cents.

Jun 9, 2020 at 9:30 AM Post #3,888 of 6,991
About lurker 00 add-on i don't understand one point. It's a complete firmware like on dx200-220? So same installation's procedure?

Jun 9, 2020 at 9:38 AM Post #3,889 of 6,991
I noticed on the Mango player the album art does not show on the lock screen as it does with UAPP? Can someone kindly confirm please. Even on Neutron, Spotify and NetEase it shows the album art on the lock screen.

Jun 9, 2020 at 1:54 PM Post #3,891 of 6,991
About lurker 00 add-on i don't understand one point. It's a complete firmware like on dx200-220? So same installation's procedure?
it's an add-on, need to follow the instructions as published on github

Jun 9, 2020 at 2:42 PM Post #3,892 of 6,991
I noticed on the Mango player the album art does not show on the lock screen as it does with UAPP? Can someone kindly confirm please. Even on Neutron, Spotify and NetEase it shows the album art on the lock screen.
Tested: When using the Mango player in lock screen it shows in a small white banner from left to right album cover, track name, back, play, next

Jun 9, 2020 at 9:15 PM Post #3,893 of 6,991
Tested: When using the Mango player in lock screen it shows in a small white banner from left to right album cover, track name, back, play, next
Exactly! Not the full album art as is the case when using UAPP etc. Such a gorgeous screen and no full album art on lock screen, i hope this is fixed in the next FW

Jun 9, 2020 at 11:33 PM Post #3,894 of 6,991
Exactly! Not the full album art as is the case when using UAPP etc. Such a gorgeous screen and no full album art on lock screen, i hope this is fixed in the next FW
Aside from that issue, do you still enjoying using the Mango Player? It seems to work just as good as other audio players and play a variety of different audio formats. Not that I listen to MQA a lot, but I read it can fully unfold as opposed to UAPP which I think only does the first unfold, and you also have to purchase that add on feature.

Jun 10, 2020 at 12:18 AM Post #3,895 of 6,991
Aside from that issue, do you still enjoying using the Mango Player? It seems to work just as good as other audio players and play a variety of different audio formats. Not that I listen to MQA a lot, but I read it can fully unfold as opposed to UAPP which I think only does the first unfold, and you also have to purchase that add on feature.
Well since my use case is a little different and not MQA dependent i prefer UAPP. Firstly, i extensively use it as a UPNP client and secondly, i personally feel the sound is a little fuller and more organic than Mango player. As always this is just my opinion based on my hearing.

Jun 10, 2020 at 12:26 AM Post #3,896 of 6,991
Well since my use case is a little different and not MQA dependent i prefer UAPP. Firstly, i extensively use it as a UPNP client and secondly, i personally feel the sound is a little fuller and more organic than Mango player. As always this is just my opinion based on my hearing.
Oh I see...I gotcha. Makes sense. I may just purchase it, but not the extra add on though. Again, I very seldom listen to MQA anyway. So, do you prefer UAPP over Neutron then?

Jun 10, 2020 at 1:04 AM Post #3,897 of 6,991
Oh I see...I gotcha. Makes sense. I may just purchase it, but not the extra add on though. Again, I very seldom listen to MQA anyway. So, do you prefer UAPP over Neutron then?
I dont have MQA add on either. As for preferring Neutron or UAPP, SQ wise there may not be much perceived difference however for UPNP i prefer the UI of UAPP and therefore use it more than i use Neutron. It boils down to UI preference rather than the sound as i think both are similar.

Jun 10, 2020 at 1:18 AM Post #3,898 of 6,991
I dont have MQA add on either. As for preferring Neutron or UAPP, SQ wise there may not be much perceived difference however for UPNP i prefer the UI of UAPP and therefore use it more than i use Neutron. It boils down to UI preference rather than the sound as i think both are similar.
Thank you! That helps a lot.

Jun 10, 2020 at 5:28 AM Post #3,900 of 6,991
If you use uapp with mqa hardaware you don' t need mqa add-on.
Really? That's great info! Where did you get that from?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back