iBasso DX160 - The listening experience only gets better and better. ******NEW FW 1.09 - link 1st page.******
May 2, 2020 at 3:22 PM Post #3,421 of 6,983
Interested in the DX160 since my XDP-300R died but I am a sucker for eye-candy, does the DX160 display VU meters or a spectrum analyzer? I know some of the Cowon and earlier Fiio's do this.

May 2, 2020 at 4:35 PM Post #3,422 of 6,983
The Covid 19 virus is causing financial strain to family biz, I have the DX160 2019 model in black, never used or out of the box; has anybody suggestion as to a good venue to sell? I also want to sell with a micro SD card also in a package- would it be easier to simply sell DX160 with throwing in the SD Card, About 30 Gb so no huge benefit? Any advice considered and with gratitude. A crazy time. Thanks, Jer.

May 2, 2020 at 5:45 PM Post #3,423 of 6,983
My new Blue 160 is starting to sound much better after using it all day yesterday after it arrived, all last night and today. There was so much low end at first I was considering my options as to send back, sell or wait longer. Its rounding out sound wise, much increased detail and imaging. The blurred low end is tightening as well. Did anybody else hear changes over time in the very first days of ownership?
image.jpg

May 2, 2020 at 8:34 PM Post #3,424 of 6,983
Interested in the DX160 since my XDP-300R died but I am a sucker for eye-candy, does the DX160 display VU meters or a spectrum analyzer? I know some of the Cowon and earlier Fiio's do this.
Only with third party software. But since it is android stock under the hood, you can install anything you want. :)

My new Blue 160 is starting to sound much better after using it all day yesterday after it arrived, all last night and today. There was so much low end at first I was considering my options as to send back, sell or wait longer. Its rounding out sound wise, much increased detail and imaging. The blurred low end is tightening as well. Did anybody else hear changes over time in the very first days of ownership?
image.jpg
Only a slight change noticed after burn-in. Nothing like what you are describing. Maybe the difference with the new hardware in the 2020 version over the 2019 version (which I have).

May 2, 2020 at 11:55 PM Post #3,427 of 6,983
image.jpg
Try to listen in balanced. All that you desc will be back and more. Let me know your thoughts after :wink:

May 3, 2020 at 9:12 AM Post #3,429 of 6,983
Balanced is definitely the way to go, sound is excellent that way. I’ll spend more time now comparing it to my other DAPS and seeing where things stand.

May 3, 2020 at 11:52 AM Post #3,431 of 6,983
Anyone connected their DX160 to desktop headphone amp. Should I connect 3.5mm LO to rca or 4.4mm balanced to XLR?
IMO Depends on your speakers/headphones. If they are really good, XLR is the way to go (less noise, cleaner connection), but if they aren't professional quality I'm not sure you will hear the difference.

May 3, 2020 at 8:31 PM Post #3,433 of 6,983
I apologize if this has been covered already. I was wondering if anyone has compared the Fidelizer advanced firmware vs the Lurker firmware. Do either affect the ability to do Tidal or Qobuz offline?
I can't speak for the Fidelizer rom, but Lurker is not a rom, it is just an add-on, and only adds capability, speeds up apps, gives root, etc... With that being said, the Lurker add-on does not effect Tidal, or Qobuz.

May 3, 2020 at 9:05 PM Post #3,434 of 6,983
Someone already did the comparison on one of the reviews I read. They found the DX160 more detailed, layered with a wider sound stage signature. With the latest firmware,I can confirm the stage is even much wider.DX160 also wins the power output battle.

@DJ Core have you compared DX160 ti R5?

May 3, 2020 at 9:17 PM Post #3,435 of 6,983
@samandhi what is changed on MY2020 release?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back