iBasso DX160 - The listening experience only gets better and better. ******NEW FW 1.09 - link 1st page.******
Jan 13, 2020 at 3:51 PM Post #2,296 of 6,983
The Lowepro Hardside CS40 camera case makes an excellent travel case for the DX160. I picked it up at Bestbuy. The case has a harder shell so it will actually protect things if it gets compressed or dropped. The DAP fits almost too perfectly in the mesh pocket on the left. It takes a little effort to get it out but it keeps it from moving around inside the case. The case comes with two soft dividers that have velcro to position however you want for accessories. Pretty happy with this case for throwing my portable setup into a backpack when I am traveling.

IMG_20200113_153903.jpg

IMG_20200113_153925.jpg

Jan 13, 2020 at 6:13 PM Post #2,297 of 6,983
The Lowepro Hardside CS40 camera case makes an excellent travel case for the DX160. I picked it up at Bestbuy. The case has a harder shell so it will actually protect things if it gets compressed or dropped. The DAP fits almost too perfectly in the mesh pocket on the left. It takes a little effort to get it out but it keeps it from moving around inside the case. The case comes with two soft dividers that have velcro to position however you want for accessories. Pretty happy with this case for throwing my portable setup into a backpack when I am traveling.

Thanks for the suggestion. A soft case alternative is:
Promaster Impulse Medium Pouch Case - Black
by ProMaster

Price: $19.95 FREE Shipping on orders over $25.00 shipped by Amazon or get Fast, Free Shipping with Amazon Prime & FREE Returns

• Interior Dimensions: 2 15/16" W X 5 3/8" H X 1" D (7.5 cm x 13.7 cm x 2.5 cm)
  • Exterior Dimensions: 3 1/2" W X 5 3/4" H X 1 1/2" D (8 cm x 14 cm x 3.5 cm)

Jan 14, 2020 at 1:20 PM Post #2,301 of 6,983
Looks good in Silver

Happy you like it!

It was a bit complicated to take photos of it in Silver, but for the full written review, I think I managed to catch some of its best angles. Of course, it wasn't me who did the photos, but the newest member of Audiophile-Heaven, Haru :)

Jan 14, 2020 at 2:39 PM Post #2,304 of 6,983
No love for red? I was thinking that I just sold a red X5, I have a red M2X so a red one may be in good company...

Jan 15, 2020 at 3:35 AM Post #2,305 of 6,983
Can we install app like Tidal or Amazon HD, download play songs offline mode with this DAP?

Jan 15, 2020 at 5:43 AM Post #2,308 of 6,983
I am using V40, SQ is much an improvement over my earlier DAP AK100II. LG sound much more layered with better separation, do you think it worth investing $400 for this DAP, or used continue using LG

Jan 15, 2020 at 10:43 AM Post #2,309 of 6,983
How would you compare the dx160 with the IFI Micro BL in sound quality?
They have a similar presentation but the iFi is superior in every way, IMO.
Bass might be slightly warmer sounding and has better texture on the iFi. Midrange is similar on both but vocals sound a bit more intimate on the DX160. The iFi's treble is a slightly more detailed.
The iFi has a greater sense of a 3D soundstage whereas the DX160 is closer, and more intimate.
The iFi also has more power and is more versatile in terms of what headphones it can drive.

Lastly, I want to say that all these differences are very small and I only noticed the differences (except soundstage) when switching back and forth between the two devices.

If I didn't want/need the player aspect, I'd pick the iFi every time.
FWIW, I have spent much more time with the iFi than I have with the DX160 so that could explain why I like it more.

Jan 15, 2020 at 12:35 PM Post #2,310 of 6,983
They have a similar presentation but the iFi is superior in every way, IMO.
Bass might be slightly warmer sounding and has better texture on the iFi. Midrange is similar on both but vocals sound a bit more intimate on the DX160. The iFi's treble is a slightly more detailed.
The iFi has a greater sense of a 3D soundstage whereas the DX160 is closer, and more intimate.
The iFi also has more power and is more versatile in terms of what headphones it can drive.

Lastly, I want to say that all these differences are very small and I only noticed the differences (except soundstage) when switching back and forth between the two devices.

IfI didn't want/need the player aspect, I'd pick the iFi every time.
FWIW, I have spent much more time with the iFi than I have with the DX160 so that could explain why I like it more.

Ifi has great quality products. I have the ifi micro amp to drive planars. Real powerhouse.

I ditched all my desktop gear with nuc Amps and DAC. And replaced it for an all in one handheld. Because these days Tidal has great quality audio. So I stream much more.
And okay i admit my wife also got crazy of all those boxes on the cupboard.

For the planars I hook up the ifi micro. And when I listen oldies I will hook up The Bravo Audio V1. With Amperex lamp.

Thanks for detailed comparison.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back