iBasso DX160 - The listening experience only gets better and better. ******NEW FW 1.09 - link 1st page.******
Nov 24, 2019 at 11:11 AM Post #1,681 of 6,983
Just ranting....

Monkey and Human DNA is 1-3% differences, and look at how we are VS them ?

in fact, the chance of the universe and reality as it is, even under Quantum computing.....is only 0.00000000xxxx1% (impossible) to be in existence....and look at us.

so, theoretically, to be saying A shouldn’t be different than B....is very crazy. But according to Quantum science, A and B really is just 1 and the same but to remain in existence, they are impossibly different. In the end, we existed because everything is different at some degree. That is why, when you are saying that All DAP Sound the same, and shouldn’t be different.....that is not reality.

in reality, we exist, because we are different, and the same as the Same DX160 would also sound different than another Dx160, or different in some way to warrant it existence, period. Therefore, every devices should really be different to stay in existence.

With all that aside, let me say this. One DAP with the same DAC-IC compare to another with the same IC but different implementations and components, would sound different, period. Therefore, scientifically speaking, if someone tell me a DAP should not sound different to another, it just meant that the person does not understand enough from whether the sound performances or the science matters of it differences....

End of rant

Last edited:
Nov 24, 2019 at 11:17 AM Post #1,682 of 6,983
Just ranting....

Monkey and Human DNA is 1-3% differences, and look at how we are VS them ?

in fact, the chance of the universe and reality as it is, even under Quantum computing.....is only 0.00000000xxxx1% (impossible) to be in existence....and look at us.

so, theoretically, to be saying A shouldn’t be different than B....is very crazy. But according to Quantum science, A and B really is just 1 and the same but to remain in existence, they are impossibly different. In the end, we existed because everything is different at some degree. That is why, when you are saying that All DAP Sound the same, and shouldn’t be different.....that is not reality.

in reality, we exist, because we are different, and the same as the Same DX160 would also sound different than another Dx160, or different in some way to warrant it existence, period. Therefore, every devices should really be different to stay in existence.

With all that aside, let me say this. One DAP with the same DAC-IC compare to another with the same IC but different implementations and components, would sound different, period. Therefore, scientifically speaking, if someone tell me a DAP should not sound different to another, it just meant that the person does not understand enough from whether the sound performances or the science matters of it differences....

End of rant

You need to get out of your head and find your heart.

Nov 24, 2019 at 11:47 AM Post #1,684 of 6,983

Last edited:
Nov 24, 2019 at 11:53 AM Post #1,685 of 6,983
Nov 24, 2019 at 6:13 PM Post #1,686 of 6,983
I too have noticed different sounds with players, though they shouldn't sound any different. The native mango app sends bit perfect, but sends an unaltered 16 bit stream to the hardware layer. Hiby uses bit padding to send a 24 bit stream - still considered bit perfect however. This can be observed by checking the ALSA state using @Lurker0 's firmware (it's a feature of the included USB audio app and can be used to check ALSA even if not using USB).

However, I prefer the Mango app over Hiby for sound quality. We all have our preferences! As long as sample rate conversion (SRC) isn't happening, it's all acceptable to me!

Just to clarify (and apparently quote myself).... My post above was asserting that players (software programs) shouldn't sound different on the same DAP, but they do IMO.

I have some theories as to why that may be, but will reserve them for another thread.

Nov 25, 2019 at 12:54 PM Post #1,687 of 6,983
End of rant
How many grains of sand make a heap? I mean, it is not always possible to find/feel a difference even if it is obviously there :wink:

Nov 25, 2019 at 12:59 PM Post #1,688 of 6,983
The silence was getting ominous :D

Nov 25, 2019 at 1:09 PM Post #1,690 of 6,983
If a dap plays a song in neutron, and nobody is there to hear it.....does it make a sound?

-Deep thoughts by jack handy
If you hear a song in your head because you have heard it over and over, does anyone else hear it play in your head?

Nov 26, 2019 at 2:40 AM Post #1,692 of 6,983
Hey All, anyone find it odd that the DX 160 doesn't even exist as far as the Ibasso website in concerned? Since it's been out for a couple months and usually products are hyped far ahead of time, it makes we wonder about the longevity of support for the product if it doesn't even justify a spot on their website. Thoughts?

Nov 26, 2019 at 12:21 PM Post #1,694 of 6,983
Hey All, anyone find it odd that the DX 160 doesn't even exist as far as the Ibasso website in concerned? Since it's been out for a couple months and usually products are hyped far ahead of time, it makes we wonder about the longevity of support for the product if it doesn't even justify a spot on their website. Thoughts?
We support all of our daps. The DX160 is just recently out and we have not listed it yet as we are catching up to the orders from distributors around the world.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back