iBasso DX160 - The listening experience only gets better and better. ******NEW FW 1.09 - link 1st page.******
Nov 16, 2019 at 7:50 AM Post #1,576 of 6,983
I used the DX160 with wifi streaming on often and no noise.
I used it paired with my ANC headphones via LDAC BT for 4 legs of travel this week and no weird noises or sounds while in use.

Is there something else anyone would like me to try?
It's Great to hear from users with No BT or WIFI issues ! I am sure there are a lot of folks with no issues.
- Wonder if you can test how far away from the DX160 you can be while listening to LDAC 990 without drop-out or noise.
- Also curious whether you are using 2.4GHz or 5Ghz WIFI; Trying to understand if either gives the noise that some people report.
- What wired IEMs have you tried with WIFI. Wonder if high sensitivity ones, or ones with certain type cables are getting the WIFI noise?

Wish we knew whether it's a few "problem" units with Wifi and/or bluetooth problems; or something in all units; or something else...

Nov 16, 2019 at 7:58 AM Post #1,577 of 6,983
It's Great to hear from users with No BT or WIFI issues ! I am sure there are a lot of folks with no issues.
- Wonder if you can test how far away from the DX160 you can be while listening to LDAC 990 without drop-out or noise.
- Also curious whether you are using 2.4GHz or 5Ghz WIFI; Trying to understand if either gives the noise that some people report.
- What wired IEMs have you tried with WIFI. Wonder if high sensitivity ones, or ones with certain type cables are getting the WIFI noise?

Wish we knew whether it's a few "problem" units with Wifi and/or bluetooth problems; or something in all units; or something else...
I agree the lack of information is stopping the logical side of me from getting this... some official confirmation or denial would be encouraging to make a considered choice IMO

Nov 16, 2019 at 9:05 AM Post #1,578 of 6,983

I agree the lack of information is stopping the logical side of me from getting this... some official confirmation or denial would be encouraging to make a considered choice IMO

I couldn't agree more. I have literally had the dx160 in my cart, ready to pull the trigger, several times, and still can't push the order button because of fear of getting a unit with these problems.

I am like several users here and believe if an item is being sold as having certain features (bullet points in their ad no less) and they do not function as they should, then it is a no deal for me. For some people to just blow of these issues as no big deal just because THEY have no intention of using them just to turn around and make others feel like they are making a big deal out of nothing is bewildering to me.

If you have a unit that works as advertised that is great, or if you can live with the problems, that's even better for YOU. But for the majority of us that believe an item should work as advertised, and those individuals that are demeaning those of us that want it to work as it should are truly doing the community a disservice. Until manufacturers are held accountable for what they make we will continue to see devices that are sub-par to what they should be. Feedback and accountability will only make the manufacturer better in the long run if some in this community would stop downplaying the issues and allowing them to actually get fixed by those who are reporting the issues.

Nov 16, 2019 at 10:04 AM Post #1,579 of 6,983
I couldn't agree more. I have literally had the dx160 in my cart, ready to pull the trigger, several times, and still can't push the order button because of fear of getting a unit with these problems.

I am like several users here and believe if an item is being sold as having certain features (bullet points in their ad no less) and they do not function as they should, then it is a no deal for me. For some people to just blow of these issues as no big deal just because THEY have no intention of using them just to turn around and make others feel like they are making a big deal out of nothing is bewildering to me.

If you have a unit that works as advertised that is great, or if you can live with the problems, that's even better for YOU. But for the majority of us that believe an item should work as advertised, and those individuals that are demeaning those of us that want it to work as it should are truly doing the community a disservice. Until manufacturers are held accountable for what they make we will continue to see devices that are sub-par to what they should be. Feedback and accountability will only make the manufacturer better in the long run if some in this community would stop downplaying the issues and allowing them to actually get fixed by those who are reporting the issues.

You are speaking the truth. Honesty is so important in this hobby.

Nov 16, 2019 at 10:06 AM Post #1,580 of 6,983

Absolutely, you can't have the mentality of- it sounds great wired so we'll let it slide on other issues. Seems this has been a problem of ibasso all along.

And this is coming from someone who really likes the dx160. I understand there are many people who want a 100% fully functioning unit, and don't have another dap they use for bluetooth. Use better processors, tighten up your QC and you'd be unstoppable.

Nov 16, 2019 at 11:22 AM Post #1,581 of 6,983
Absolutely, you can't have the mentality of- it sounds great wired so we'll let it slide on other issues. Seems this has been a problem of ibasso all along.

And this is coming from someone who really likes the dx160. I understand there are many people who want a 100% fully functioning unit, and don't have another dap they use for bluetooth. Use better processors, tighten up your QC and you'd be unstoppable.

Indeed the above three posts are considered and measured and I'm fully supportive of buyers and sellers wanting a 100% fully functional unit.

Nov 16, 2019 at 11:45 AM Post #1,582 of 6,983
Let me give this a proper listen later today. I am traveling again in the morning so will have plenty of time with these.

For reference, I have had two units: one review demo from headphones.com which was shipped from ibasso as it came out, and then a second unit which I bought after I finished reviewing the first one. I returned the first one back since it was a loaner.

I use qdc Anole VX iems and have lately been using the Tin T4 iems, both wired. I've so used them with Moondrop Chaconne earbuds.

For wireless, I use the Galaxy Buds and just bought the Sony WF-1000XM3 so will be using those paired with it.

For over ears, I've use it primarily at work with wired Fostex TR-X00 Ebony and wireless with the Sony WH-H900N ANC by headphones, using LDAC.

I haven't tried these with my other headphones and gear yet.

WiFi: I use 5HHz primarily at home and when available, but use 2.4GHz at work and probably when I'm at the airports and hotels.

The only "noise" I ever heard is standard very faint white hiss noise from ANC or Bluetooth iems which I hear from all other source devices but again, I will do a more isolated listening test later.

Is there something specific I should be looking for? Like a specific loud noise or humming?

Nov 16, 2019 at 11:53 AM Post #1,583 of 6,983
Let me give this a proper listen later today. I am traveling again in the morning so will have plenty of time with these.

For reference, I have had two units: one review demo from headphones.com which was shipped from ibasso as it came out, and then a second unit which I bought after I finished reviewing the first one. I returned the first one back since it was a loaner.

I use qdc Anole VX iems and have lately been using the Tin T4 iems, both wired. I've so used them with Moondrop Chaconne earbuds.

For wireless, I use the Galaxy Buds and just bought the Sony WF-1000XM3 so will be using those paired with it.

For over ears, I've use it primarily at work with wired Fostex TR-X00 Ebony and wireless with the Sony WH-H900N ANC by headphones, using LDAC.

WiFi: I use 5HHz primarily at home and when available, but use 2.4GHz at work and probably when I'm at the airports and hotels.

The only "noise" I ever heard is standard very faint white hiss noise from ANC or Bluetooth iems which I hear from all other source devices but again, I will do a more isolated listening test later.

Is there something specific I should be looking for? Like a specific loud noise or humming?

To be honest by what you have said already and thank you for trying all the above and on your last post also.
It seems you may have a working Dx160, although if you could use LDAC via your Sony's and into developer settings and try optimised audio.

The Dx160 that have issue generally can't pair or stable with Bluetooth over 4inches away from headphones or slightest movement of dap.

The WiFi isn't strong either on either band with constant dropouts and noise although I didn't get as much noise as others.

Thanks for trying

Nov 16, 2019 at 12:11 PM Post #1,584 of 6,983

It's like a static / light scratching noise that you hear immediately upon start-up and althrough out. It gets louder with Wifi on or when there are a lot of processes going on (apps running / browsing / scrolling through the menus, etc.).

Nov 16, 2019 at 6:20 PM Post #1,586 of 6,983

How are you liking the tin t4's? Are they pretty comfy?

Nov 16, 2019 at 7:17 PM Post #1,587 of 6,983
No issues connecting to the Sony WF-1000XM3 bluetooth IEMs. The range isn't great but just about the same as I had on my R5 with Galaxy Buds. I get much better range with my Samsung phone.

No noise using them though. Also was using wifi for streaming Spotify and Qobuz and no issues at same time as bluetooth use.

How are you liking the tin t4's? Are they pretty comfy?

T4s are comfortable. I like them a lot actually. I wrote a review on my blog -- link in signature.

Nov 16, 2019 at 7:22 PM Post #1,588 of 6,983
No issues connecting to the Sony WF-1000XM3 bluetooth IEMs. The range isn't great but just about the same as I had on my R5 with Galaxy Buds. I get much better range with my Samsung phone.

No noise using them though. Also was using wifi for streaming Spotify and Qobuz and no issues at same time as bluetooth use.

T4s are comfortable. I like them a lot actually. I wrote a review on my blog -- link in signature.

Will read, thnx

Nov 16, 2019 at 9:41 PM Post #1,589 of 6,983

How do DX160 compare to R5 in sound quality? which one do you choose?

Nov 16, 2019 at 10:43 PM Post #1,590 of 6,983
With how big the discrepancies are between different users experiences on the BT (from no range issues to dropouts at 3 feet) it sounds to me more like a manufacturing issues, not a design issue. Perhaps in the assembly and/or production test flow is an error that's making units come off the line with poor antenna performance. RF trimming? Antenna assembly? Impedance matching issues?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back