iBasso DX160 - The listening experience only gets better and better. ******NEW FW 1.09 - link 1st page.******
Feb 3, 2021 at 6:56 AM Post #5,311 of 6,983
46DA06A2-2B98-4FA6-9AF3-14DB28F060CE.jpegIs this correct? Running balanced out (HD650 and M1060 planar) What is the second soundcard? Is it possible to run both for increased power?

Feb 3, 2021 at 9:56 AM Post #5,312 of 6,983
Is this correct? Running balanced out (HD650 and M1060 planar) What is the second soundcard? Is it possible to run both for increased power?
If you are using the 4.4 connector out of the DX (balanced), I am not sure why you would be running the USB Audio driver. That is for when you are wanting to use a USB cable to output sound to another device (or a set of headphones that have a built in Amp/DAC).

I suspect these are just virtual soundcards. This was probably done so that the programmer could bypass the built-in android driver for USB audio.

Last edited:
Feb 3, 2021 at 8:01 PM Post #5,314 of 6,983
Can someone PM me and help me decide whether to keep this or return to Amazon. I have the Samsung Galaxy s21 Ultra and I don't know whether I need this anymore or not. My first go round was not so pleasant but I'd like to give it another shot now that I've calmed down. I have a dx160 sitting in my hand just don't know what to do

Feb 3, 2021 at 8:20 PM Post #5,315 of 6,983
Can someone PM me and help me decide whether to keep this or return to Amazon. I have the Samsung Galaxy s21 Ultra and I don't know whether I need this anymore or not. My first go round was not so pleasant but I'd like to give it another shot now that I've calmed down. I have a dx160 sitting in my hand just don't know what to do
I'm sorry to be a downer, but nobody can decide whether you should keep it or not but you. If you are looking for a $ justification, then I can tell you that there is NO phone that CAN sound as good as the DX can. It is all dependent on what headphones you have, how good the quality of music you have/listen to is, etc... The weakest part of the chain, from the quality of music all the way to your ears (including your ears) is what will limit how good (or bad) things sound for you.

If it were me (and it WAS me when I first got mine) I kept the phone AND the DX. I had the Note 9. I find that nowadays I use the DX for ALL of my music listening even when at home because of how good it sounds, but also because it has enough amping power to power any headphones I have to their full potential.

OK! I'll help you. Keep it! You have already put the money forwards for it, and you can't take it with you when you die anyhow... :) Just enjoy it and don't get too stressed about the faults of the device, because they all have them (even the really expensive ones). IMO I think it gets way more right than wrong. Happy listening!

Feb 4, 2021 at 1:00 AM Post #5,316 of 6,983

Most probably you're looking for the UI intuition & speed from your phone on the '160.
A DAP is for quality music, the best musical experience in a portable device. The phone, for calls, sms, Soc. media, streaming music, albeit menial SQ compared to a proper dap...

Feb 4, 2021 at 2:11 AM Post #5,317 of 6,983
Ehjie and samandhi are totally right. You can't campare a phone and a dap. I also have the S21 ultra AND the DX160. Sound from a phone will never be the same and as good because a phone is not dedicated to sound. Phone does not have chip dedicated to sound. Vivo has one but there's several type of chip dedicated to sound so not sure it will compete with such a good DAP.

If you want a dap with the velocity of your S21 Ultra you'll need to buy the new DX300 but price won't be the same at all.

Feb 4, 2021 at 2:13 AM Post #5,318 of 6,983
Ehjie and samandhi are totally right. You can't campare a phone and a dap. I also have the S21 ultra AND the DX160. Sound from a phone will never be the same and as good because a phone is not dedicated to sound. Phone does not have chip dedicated to sound. Vivo has one but there's several type of chip dedicated to sound so not sure it will compete with such a good DAP.

If you want a dap with the velocity of your S21 Ultra you'll need to buy the new DX300 but price won't be the same at all.

Feb 4, 2021 at 2:29 AM Post #5,319 of 6,983

My youngest brother has a vivo phone, he's gonna upgrade to 160 this year. The details retrieval are not enough, and even if he won't admit, NO holographic imaging, too close to the front of head. The best phones i had, ip4, V10, htc10 was beaten by the Old DX90! in SQ.

Feb 4, 2021 at 2:37 AM Post #5,320 of 6,983
My youngest brother has a vivo phone, he's gonna upgrade to 160 this year. The details retrieval are not enough, and even if he won't admit, NO holographic imaging, too close to the front of head. The best phones i had, ip4, V10, htc10 was beaten by the Old DX90! in SQ.
Thanks for this precisions.

Feb 4, 2021 at 5:40 AM Post #5,321 of 6,983
About tidal:
Same thing here (2020 version). Tidal stops after 5-15 mins with error "Verbindungsprobleme"/Connection error before and after doing a real factory reset/flashing original firmware via SDHC.

After this, factory reset, flashing again the original firmware and after this flashing the Lurker addon (highly recommended for the HiBy-Player!).

My wifi is perfect...

It seems to me, the whole DX160 is too slow to manage the music-streaming-apps (tidal/amazon music)...

Feb 4, 2021 at 9:35 AM Post #5,322 of 6,983
About tidal:
Same thing here (2020 version). Tidal stops after 5-15 mins with error "Verbindungsprobleme"/Connection error before and after doing a real factory reset/flashing original firmware via SDHC.

After this, factory reset, flashing again the original firmware and after this flashing the Lurker addon (highly recommended for the HiBy-Player!).

My wifi is perfect...

It seems to me, the whole DX160 is too slow to manage the music-streaming-apps (tidal/amazon music)...

Please sift through the Add on again,
You may have missed something
https://github.com/Lurker00/DX160-Firmware-Add-on

A fellow '160 owner nearby w/o the add on does not experience this.
Something on the add on syntax is maybe messing it up...

Feb 4, 2021 at 9:40 AM Post #5,323 of 6,983
Have to agree with some about the WiFi quality when streaming, it's appalling in general. Have been using it for offline listening to amazon hd downloads and my own flac files. Sounds is great for this, but downloading the tracks took for ever and streaming is practically impossible. I get that it's not meant to work as well as a phone for this but if it is a feature it should work better than it does. Bluetooth is pretty sketchy as well. At this rate going back to my nwa45 and have to use phone for amazon

Feb 4, 2021 at 10:51 AM Post #5,324 of 6,983
If you have some question to take some mobile phone instead of Dap that is and was made for completely different purposes then it is clear that you don't need any dap so return and forget. This is the best solution for you.

Feb 4, 2021 at 10:54 AM Post #5,325 of 6,983

Users who are viewing this thread

Back