iBasso DX160 - The listening experience only gets better and better. ******NEW FW 1.09 - link 1st page.******
Jan 17, 2021 at 2:34 PM Post #5,193 of 6,983
Hi..
I am trying to play some opus files for testing with dx160. As i see the mango player provided with dx160 does not play .opus files .. Its is possible to upgrade the mango player to use opus? If not possible what is it your recommended players ?

I am using now free AIMP , whats your opinion about this player? I see that when playing 48khz files it did not change to this mode ... Maybe the player do not use all the power of the dx160 ?

Thanks for all.

Jan 17, 2021 at 6:08 PM Post #5,195 of 6,983
I've just installed the advanced purist rom priority to sound quality and sound is crazy. I'm so happy with this choice. Everything is better even the reactivity of the player.

Jan 17, 2021 at 6:15 PM Post #5,196 of 6,983
Im looking for new dap, based on sound quality alone, which is better dx220 or dx160? (Same price)
I'd get the 220 if size isn't a concern. The possibility to upgrade to amp9 in the future makes it a better buy.

Jan 17, 2021 at 9:48 PM Post #5,197 of 6,983
Anyone know where I can pick a spare TPU case like the one that originally shipped with the DX160? The only plastic cases I see being sold are the hard plastic type.

Jan 18, 2021 at 4:29 PM Post #5,198 of 6,983
Anyone know where I can pick a spare TPU case like the one that originally shipped with the DX160? The only plastic cases I see being sold are the hard plastic type.
You can buy one directly from Ibasso. Send them a message through Facebook.

Jan 21, 2021 at 12:08 AM Post #5,202 of 6,983
I bought UAPP recently and enjoying it a lot. 2 questions specific to DX160:

- do I need to run the lurker USB audio app to enable usb DAC use on UAPP or does it work natively now?
- does UAPP support displaying lyrics in .lrc files?

The answers to question #1 is no, since UAPP supports the DAC directly.

Jan 22, 2021 at 2:46 PM Post #5,204 of 6,983
I have a question regarding the Line out (LO). When I change for the line out sometimes volume goes to 100 itself and sometimes not...same things when I choose (phone out) PO sometimes it changes volume to the level I was listening before choosing line out...

Do you encounter the same thing ? Do we have to put the volume at 100 when on line-out ?
Does this lmean I have a problem with my DX160 ?

Jan 22, 2021 at 6:29 PM Post #5,205 of 6,983
I have a question regarding the Line out (LO). When I change for the line out sometimes volume goes to 100 itself and sometimes not...same things when I choose (phone out) PO sometimes it changes volume to the level I was listening before choosing line out...

Do you encounter the same thing ? Do we have to put the volume at 100 when on line-out ?
Does this lmean I have a problem with my DX160 ?
Don't forget that your DX160 is running a custom ROM as mentioned in your earlier Post.
If the issue was not present before installing the ROM, the custom ROM could be the culprit.

My DX160 is running Lurker00 mods and here is what switching the Settings does when the 3.5mm port is connected to the AUX port of a small powered speaker.

Changing the DX160 output from LO. to PO. or PO. to LO.:
The volume display level remains the same until the Volume Wheel is rotated and changes based on direction volume goes Up/Down.
With the DX160 Volume set to 50% the sound heard from my speaker is about same with PO. or LO selected.

However as expected for a Digital signal, the SPDIF output Volume is either On or Off when rotating the Volume Wheel.
The speaker of course was not connected for this test.

Hope this helps...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back