iBasso DX160 - The listening experience only gets better and better. ******NEW FW 1.09 - link 1st page.******
Jan 26, 2020 at 8:31 PM Post #2,449 of 6,983
Last edited:
Jan 26, 2020 at 10:35 PM Post #2,450 of 6,983
Yes. Also, if u are in US. Get from

https://www.linsoul.com/products/audiosense-t800
They have quite good services.

Changing cable to 4.4mm balanced to get most out of DX160. you will be amazed compare to 3.5mm SE.

Have a look on some head-fi review too to see if fits your style.

Cheers
Billy
Thanks so much! I will also look into the balanced output cables. There seems to be heaps of aftermarket ones, all seem to be similar.

Jan 26, 2020 at 11:08 PM Post #2,451 of 6,983
Thanks so much! I will also look into the balanced output cables. There seems to be heaps of aftermarket ones, all seem to be similar.

ISN C16
https://www.aliexpress.com/i/32972927351.html

ISN S16
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32970249542.html?spm=2114.12010615.8148356.1.63e15339JidxWJ

I'm using the C16 as I want more low end extension.

Take a look. They are both sturdy cables. very good made won't break your bank. The sound with DX160 is very enjoyable. Give both at least 50-80 hrs to run in.

Cheers,
Billy

Jan 27, 2020 at 3:40 AM Post #2,454 of 6,983
I'm not surprised that you don't have noise issues then.

When do you hear??When Playing music in dark part or on pause?

BTW a good rec is the app Naptime.
Having great standby times. No need to worry about closing apps wifi bt etc.

Screenshot_20200127-100729.png

Last edited:
Jan 27, 2020 at 4:33 AM Post #2,455 of 6,983
When do you hear??When Playing music in dark part or on pause?
I haven't experienced it myself as I'm hesitant to buy this DAP. Actually I'm quite sure that I'll look elsewhere as WiFi interferences are absolutely unacceptable for me. And if the workaround means that I won't have sufficient wifi signal anymore...no need to elaborate I guess.
You'll only be able to hear noise with extremely sensitive IEMs.
edit: if you wanna read more about it go to page 83 of this thread.

Last edited:
Jan 27, 2020 at 4:53 AM Post #2,456 of 6,983
I haven't experienced it myself as I'm hesitant to buy this DAP. Actually I'm quite sure that I'll look elsewhere as WiFi interferences are absolutely unacceptable for me. And if the workaround means that I won't have sufficient wifi signal anymore...no need to elaborate I guess.
You'll only be able to hear noise with extremely sensitive IEMs.

I have KZ AS10, tinaudio T2, KZ ZSX, KZ ZSE, KZ ZS5 v1, TRN V20. Audiosense T180. BLON-03.
Audeze Sine, OKCSC ZX1, Takstar Pro, Msur N650.

I don't keep track which is sensitive or not. All do not have interference.

Jan 27, 2020 at 4:58 AM Post #2,457 of 6,983
I have KZ AS10, tinaudio T2, KZ ZSX, KZ ZSE, KZ ZS5 v1, TRN V20. Audiosense T180. BLON-03.
Audeze Sine, OKCSC ZX1, Takstar Pro, Msur N650.

I don't keep track which is sensitive or not. All do not have interference.
The most exreme scenario seems to be: be close to your wifi router, use streaming app, touch display while listening to music. It's definitely an issue as many have reported it. Some seem to be blessed with no interferences but who knows why. Maybe the scenario is not right, maybe IEM is not sensitive enough, maybe units are actually different...
edit: maybe wifi transmit strength is lowered by default on newer units?

Last edited:
Jan 27, 2020 at 6:03 AM Post #2,458 of 6,983
The most exreme scenario seems to be: be close to your wifi router, use streaming app, touch display while listening to music. It's definitely an issue as many have reported it. Some seem to be blessed with no interferences but who knows why. Maybe the scenario is not right, maybe IEM is not sensitive enough, maybe units are actually different...
edit: maybe wifi transmit strength is lowered by default on newer units?

Or you can say a few have been reported and the rest is non issued. Because the thread isn't cluttered with complaints.

For my unit... I guess it's not a new batch because I had to do two updates.

All i can say i am very happy with the purchase.
Only con is wifi range... So on places with bad reception i use my smartphone as WiFi hotspot.

I am still planning to do some mods with other antennas. They are on the way.

Last edited:
Jan 27, 2020 at 6:25 AM Post #2,459 of 6,983
Nah, there are way too many reports for it to be just a rare occurrence imo. Reviewers have reported it and ibasso was able to reproduce it. And since I own one of the most sensitive IEMs out there I guess I'll just go for Fiio M11. I can really use the two sd card slots too.

Jan 27, 2020 at 7:44 AM Post #2,460 of 6,983
Nah, there are way too many reports for it to be just a rare occurrence imo. Reviewers have reported it and ibasso was able to reproduce it. And since I own one of the most sensitive IEMs out there I guess I'll just go for Fiio M11. I can really use the two sd card slots too.
From one reviewer the noise seems to be present only at the unbalanced output using sensitive earphones. Is this largely true?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back