iBasso DX160 - The listening experience only gets better and better. ******NEW FW 1.09 - link 1st page.******
Dec 24, 2019 at 8:45 AM Post #1,981 of 6,983
I see "DoP Marker 0x05/0xFA" for foo_dsd_asio, which means DoP, not direct DSD transfer. DoP stream for DSD256 is exactly PCM 16bit/705.6kHz.

Thanks for your reply.
Really is configured as a native dsd since yesterday. The photo coincided at a time of a test between native dsd and DoP Marker 0x05/0xFA.

Everything else is like in the screenshots

IMG_20191224_144321.jpg

Last edited:
Dec 24, 2019 at 4:43 PM Post #1,988 of 6,983
Some possible possibilities:
- The 4.4 jack is not inserted completely to make good connections? It does take more effort than the other jack, especially when new. Have heard this happen to folks before.
- The Fiio BL44 is defective?
- Some problem with your DX160's 4.4mm jack. Maybe some lint or dirt causing poor connection? Try inspecting/cleaning?
- Or maybe the 4.4mm Jack's solder joints? If solder joints, sound may improve/cut out when you try to wiggle the Fiio BL44's 4.4 tip.
- Some problem with your DX160's balanced circuit.

Just an update. I contacted Paul and he suggested making a spacer to allow for possible variances in plug manufacturing. So I made a spacer and the 4.4mm output works fine. I did order and iBasso CA02 so it will be interesting to see if a spacer is needed with it.

I received my CA02 yesterday and tried it without a spacer with the same results. I then used the spacers included with the CA02 and the 4.4mm out put works fine. So it seems for it to work on my DX160 I need to use a spacer. Not a big deal but something to check if anyone else has this issue.

Dec 24, 2019 at 5:25 PM Post #1,990 of 6,983
I am still undecided want to upgrade from M9 to Dx160 or M11.

And want to know if V4A works... Or is standard EQ sufficient.?

If you like a system maybe more fluid in terms of daily use software maybe in that aspect is the M11.
If you value pure sound more then Dx160. I don't really value being extremely fast, so I use my phone. I only use Dap purely for sound only and I prefer to save my music over app's like Tidal or Spotify. The Dx160 I dare say it is extremely good for its price, looking forward to it coming and putting my Earsonics Velvet V2 in it. . .

Dec 24, 2019 at 5:32 PM Post #1,991 of 6,983
If you like a system maybe more fluid in terms of daily use software maybe in that aspect is the M11.
If you value pure sound more then Dx160. I don't really value being extremely fast, so I use my phone. I only use Dap purely for sound only and I prefer to save my music over app's like Tidal or Spotify. The Dx160 I dare say it is extremely good for its price, looking forward to it coming and putting my Earsonics Velvet V2 in it. . .

Ghehehe hey I am used to a M9 if you speak about fluidity you are swearing... No UI experience isn't on top of priority. Sound quality is key.
BTW you can always speed UI experience up a bit in Android developers settings.

I have been reading the thread.... Something about static noise? Still going on? Or solved?

Last edited:
Dec 24, 2019 at 5:45 PM Post #1,993 of 6,983
Ghehehe hey I am used to a M9 if you speak about fluidity you are swearing... No UI experience isn't on top of priority. Sound quality is key.
BTW you can always speed UI experience up a bit in Android developers settings.

I have been reading the thread.... Something about static noise? Still going on? Or solved?
I don't know

Dec 24, 2019 at 7:26 PM Post #1,995 of 6,983
I'm curious if anyone here has heard a Hiby R6 pro and compared it to the Ibasso DX160. You can get one used for around the same price of the DX160, and I'm wondering there are any notable advantages that the Hiby has over the IBasso.
...I have owned both r6pro and dx160, both are great devices in their own way. The r6pro has a more powerful fuller sound, more meat on the bone but it hisses quite a lot compared to a dx160 which Is dead silent, also i feel the stage is better on a dx160 width and depth .... i Ioved the r6pro it is a nice dap that's smooth to use with great build and sounds great, it's one of my favourite daps that I have owned but personally I would take the dx160 simply because its virtually black background with better layering and it also sounds fantastic....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back