iBasso DX150. Dual dacs and interchangeable AMPs. **NEW Firmware that supports AMP9! ** New FIRMWARE 1.05 Dec 30.
Apr 28, 2020 at 6:40 PM Post #2,974 of 3,129
This might be a dumb question and I might have missed it in this thread, but is there either a non-Windows or over the air / SD card method to upgrade the DX150 to Android 8.1 so I can then perform the SD card firmware update?

I have the DX150 and need to update it to use the AMP9 with it but don't own a PC. Thanks!

Last edited:
Apr 28, 2020 at 8:37 PM Post #2,975 of 3,129
This might be a dumb question and I might have missed it in this thread, but is there either a non-Windows or over the air / SD card method to upgrade the DX150 to Android 8.1 so I can then perform the SD card firmware update?

I have the DX150 and need to update it to use the AMP9 with it but don't own a PC. Thanks!
I had the same roadblock.

i believe the answer is no.

i went to a friends house and updated there.

Apr 28, 2020 at 9:34 PM Post #2,976 of 3,129
I had the same roadblock.

i believe the answer is no.

i went to a friends house and updated there.

Gotcha. Thank you for confirming! Time to *legally obtain* Windows, install it on a VM, and cross my fingers in order to update the Android version on a DAP... wait what? :wink:

Update: The above did not work. Nothing happened during the step, "Press and hold the play button of the DX150, then plug the USB-C cable in" in order to run the firmware updater.

Back to the drawing board!

Last edited:
Apr 29, 2020 at 1:36 AM Post #2,977 of 3,129
Apr 29, 2020 at 11:56 AM Post #2,979 of 3,129
Gotcha. Thank you for confirming! Time to *legally obtain* Windows, install it on a VM, and cross my fingers in order to update the Android version on a DAP... wait what? :wink:

Update: The above did not work. Nothing happened during the step, "Press and hold the play button of the DX150, then plug the USB-C cable in" in order to run the firmware updater.

Back to the drawing board!

If you manage to get Pro version (I think it includes Home as well) you can use it for 30 days legally, no license laws are applied.

Apr 30, 2020 at 1:53 PM Post #2,983 of 3,129
Can I update firmware with internal storage or something like androidtool
It depends. For the same Android version (6.0 or 8.1), the update requires only internal storage. To upgrade from 6.0 to 8.1, AndroidTool is required and provided inside the package. In general, it is almost always enough to download an update and read included instruction.

May 1, 2020 at 5:58 PM Post #2,984 of 3,129
Update: Lurker0's SD card method for upgrading from 6.0 to 8.1 worked great! Thanks again!

After this, the recommended method for updating to firmware 1.06 from iBasso via SD card worked eventually as well, and now the AMP9 works! So far, loving it compared to the stock AMP6.

For others, I wasn't able to get anything working in a Windows VM. The device could not be accessed correctly when trying to use the Android update tool.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back