iBasso DX150. Dual dacs and interchangeable AMPs. **NEW Firmware that supports AMP9! ** New FIRMWARE 1.05 Dec 30.
Mar 2, 2020 at 1:44 PM Post #2,957 of 3,129
iBasso Audio via FaceBook 55 minutes ago: "We are making a special run of the AMP8 EX. There are a few slots left open. The order would need to be placed today as we are ordering parts to fill this run. The price is 280 USD including shipping. You can make payment using order@ibasso.com with PayPal. We will need your full name, address with post code, email address and phone number. This is for today, the date noted on this post."

Mar 12, 2020 at 8:36 PM Post #2,959 of 3,129
FYI please don't ask me to do any more amp mods etc, I've had a warning from Head-Fi, apparently I should do everyones mods for free. I already only charge cost for parts and shipping. My time was pretty much peanuts for the time it takes. They have also been looking at my personal ebay. So from now on no more mods, except my own and I may just delete my account :D

Mar 13, 2020 at 1:16 PM Post #2,960 of 3,129
FYI please don't ask me to do any more amp mods etc, I've had a warning from Head-Fi, apparently I should do everyones mods for free. I already only charge cost for parts and shipping. My time was pretty much peanuts for the time it takes. They have also been looking at my personal ebay. So from now on no more mods, except my own and I may just delete my account :D

If you are a 'member of trade' why is there so much conflict here? Can't you engage headfiers and sell your products/services just as other companies? How would it be any different from someone reterminating a cable? Yet that happens all the time. I don't understand why headfi is giving you a hard time.

Mar 13, 2020 at 1:39 PM Post #2,961 of 3,129
If you are a 'member of trade' why is there so much conflict here? Can't you engage headfiers and sell your products/services just as other companies? How would it be any different from someone reterminating a cable? Yet that happens all the time. I don't understand why headfi is giving you a hard time.

No you have to be a sponsor of head-fi or you can't do anything really lol Better of joining another forum if want to be helpful to fellow hobbieists.

Apr 4, 2020 at 7:20 AM Post #2,962 of 3,129
Just had a play this morning and a rooted dx150 can be made to perform really well. After performing some of the mods I've done to the AR-M2 its running nice and snappy, this is with a whole host of various performance and battery saving tweaks throughout android. Performance prior was pretty darn annoying TBH, this means the dx200, dx220 and dx160 can all do the same :wink:

Last edited:
Apr 4, 2020 at 7:28 AM Post #2,963 of 3,129
Just had a play this morning and a rooted dx150 can be made to perform really well. After performing some of the mods I've done to the AR-M2 its running nice and snappy, this is with a whole host of various performance and battery saving tweaks throughout android. Performance prior was pretty darn annoying TBH, this means the dx200, dx220 and dx150 can all do the same :wink:
Nicely done! People have no idea how much works and dedications are needed to have gone through all these firmware stuff. Eventhough I don’t have dx150, but I understand what you have gone through. I appreciate !

Apr 4, 2020 at 10:46 AM Post #2,964 of 3,129
Just had a play this morning and a rooted dx150 can be made to perform really well. After performing some of the mods I've done to the AR-M2 its running nice and snappy, this is with a whole host of various performance and battery saving tweaks throughout android. Performance prior was pretty darn annoying TBH, this means the dx200, dx220 and dx150 can all do the same :wink:

Nice :)
MagiskManager scripts or something else?

Apr 4, 2020 at 5:11 PM Post #2,965 of 3,129
No, no apps or modules (as they use resources :) and probably make things worse for a dap by tuning it as a phone to force it to multitask more instead of less )
All manual. Maybe 30 or so build prop entries, bespoke init.d script specific for the dx150(200) soc/ram setup to configure hardware on boot, some may help sound as they did on the AR-M2, early days to know on the dx150 yet. Maybe 100+ lines in there curently as well as deleteing apps, freezing apps, replacing launcher/keyboard etc for resource light, but good ones. I won't be posting on here, I'll save for somewhere else. This android part is pre DX150EX hardware mods :)

Apr 8, 2020 at 9:04 PM Post #2,969 of 3,129
@Nayparm - please keep us posted :xf_cool:
Considering how much works he have invested into this experiments, and how ahead-fi is treating such valuable contributors this ways, you will soon find nothing of uses beside “trolling and subjective hearing impressions”

you will not be seeing, modifications, upgraded firmware for free anymore.

what you will be seeing will be “Oh this chicken sounds so good, and she sounds better than my neighbor“.....or, “can I boil and eat your chicken?”....or “How is your chicken ? Are you going to buy a dog ?”....or “I don’t have any dog or chicken, but I can tell you that you are feeding it wrong because I say so”

chicken, dog = new Players, or devices

anyways, you get the thrills

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back