iBasso DX150. Dual dacs and interchangeable AMPs. **NEW Firmware that supports AMP9! ** New FIRMWARE 1.05 Dec 30.
Feb 5, 2020 at 1:55 PM Post #2,941 of 3,129
I like it :)
This version is free, stable and having new Mango player from 220.
Note that I`m using Purist ROM version. Didn`t try ported from DX220 version.

Also - I`m using Lurker’s add-on on top of Fidelizer.
1) Obviously the new Mango player is in Android mode correct?
2) What are the overall benefits vs the OFW with Lurker Add-On on top?

Feb 7, 2020 at 3:25 AM Post #2,943 of 3,129
In my opinion, iBasso should release new software, with a new Mango player. This would end the combination with uploading third-party overlays and patches. So having Mango from the DX220 is possible with this fidelizer player, so why shouldn't it be in the original software?

Feb 8, 2020 at 8:30 AM Post #2,945 of 3,129
1) Obviously the new Mango player is in Android mode correct?
2) What are the overall benefits vs the OFW with Lurker Add-On on top?
i thought the lurkers add on has the new mango player? i have installed it and its still the same ui from the previous versions of dx150 software. i hope in the future its the latest mango player the one u can found in dx220 and dx160

Feb 8, 2020 at 4:35 PM Post #2,946 of 3,129
i thought the lurkers add on has the new mango player? i have installed it and its still the same ui from the previous versions of dx150 software. i hope in the future its the latest mango player the one u can found in dx220 and dx160

Lurker's latest add-on has Mango OS from the DX200.

If you want the DX220 version of Mango Player (in Android) then you'll need to install Fidelizer.

If you want both (as I did) install Fidelizer then do Lurker's add-on last. Installing other firmware after the add-on will remove ability to access Mango OS.

Feb 9, 2020 at 1:05 PM Post #2,948 of 3,129
Is there any difference in audio quality between stock/Lurker add on/Fidelizer. Would be interesting to know please.

Imo Fidelizer sounds best: improved decay, better extension, slightly wider soundstage, and perhaps a bit more detail. I've been using the free version for a while and the changes are subtle so ymmv. Mango OS (via Lurker) sounds great as well. Still trying to decide which sounds better to my ears.

The main advantage of Lurker's add-on is the Google Play Store so afaik it's not intended to sound any different from the stock Android ROM. I've also tried the usual music apps via the play store: Poweramp, Neutron, and UAPP but Mango Player sounds better imo even after tweaking each app's settings.

Feb 10, 2020 at 3:15 AM Post #2,949 of 3,129
Imo Fidelizer sounds best: improved decay, better extension, slightly wider soundstage, and perhaps a bit more detail. I've been using the free version for a while and the changes are subtle so ymmv. Mango OS (via Lurker) sounds great as well. Still trying to decide which sounds better to my ears.

The main advantage of Lurker's add-on is the Google Play Store so afaik it's not intended to sound any different from the stock Android ROM. I've also tried the usual music apps via the play store: Poweramp, Neutron, and UAPP but Mango Player sounds better imo even after tweaking each app's settings.

Thank you for the feedback, I have tried a couple of players on my tablet but prefer the Mango interface on my DX150, I would prefer a D.A.P without all the Android stuff and hassle of loading multiple layers and add ons, the old DX50 was really good in this regard.

Feb 10, 2020 at 7:02 AM Post #2,950 of 3,129
Thank you for the feedback, I have tried a couple of players on my tablet but prefer the Mango interface on my DX150, I would prefer a D.A.P without all the Android stuff and hassle of loading multiple layers and add ons, the old DX50 was really good in this regard.
I was using the Hiby player in the lurker mod and wasn't entirely happy with it. I was surprised to find that when I went back to Mango Player it sounded so much better.

Feb 10, 2020 at 7:51 AM Post #2,951 of 3,129
thats why it is always recommended to use the stock player on every android dap since it is more optimized.. and that is the reason why full android is not an ideal software for hires daps. look at what cayin, opus, a&k are doing. i hope manufacturers could give its dap an identity, not a smartphone-to-be device that can plat music..

Last edited:
Feb 11, 2020 at 2:40 PM Post #2,952 of 3,129
Hello! When I try to copy Lurker´s add on [1.23] sdupdate.img to the SD-card prepared from DX150FirmwareUpdater.img., I always get the message"pls insert a sdcard" and it stucks at 0%.
Any help would be much appreciated.
Thx.

Feb 20, 2020 at 5:38 AM Post #2,955 of 3,129
So I sold my DX150 on ebay recently and the same day of arrival he tells me that it has arrived in a non working condition. I packed it perfectly like i do with everything I post. But a lot of it sounds like he doesn't know how to properly use it. Couldn't figure out the mounting of the SD to begin with.... I have a question, is Windows Media Player an adequate program to sync files with the DX150? That seems to be the buyer's program of choice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back