iBasso DX150. Dual dacs and interchangeable AMPs. **NEW Firmware that supports AMP9! ** New FIRMWARE 1.05 Dec 30.
Apr 5, 2019 at 12:11 PM Post #2,416 of 3,129
Is this something you sketched up on your own (nice!) or from a real app? Either way it is certainly what I would look for in a EQ app!

Let's hope iBasso adapts something like this for the DX150/DX220/DX200...

Cheers,
Tim
I "designed" it myself, thanks. I'm not a UI/UX designer but I tried to replicate Android's material design elements in photoshop. (The graphic EQ picture is from Markeight @ deviantart) I didn't find any good PEQ app for android. (UAPP/Neutron/etc)
Yeah. I find it quite strange that PEQ is not yet adapted by most DAP manufacturers.

Last edited:
Apr 5, 2019 at 12:20 PM Post #2,417 of 3,129
I "designed" it myself, thanks. I'm not a UI/UX designer but I tried to replicate Android's material design elements in photoshop. (The graphic EQ picture is from Markeight @ deviantart) I didn't find any good PEQ app for android. (UAPP/Neutron/etc)
Yeah. I find it quite strange that PEQ is not yet adapted by most DAP manufacturers.
Maybe iBasso should hire you!!!

Cheers,
Tim

Apr 5, 2019 at 12:32 PM Post #2,418 of 3,129
Maybe iBasso should hire you!!!

Cheers,
Tim
Haha thank! I think implementing something like this takes major programming skills. But I think this would be a real advantage against most TOTL DAPs If they actually do it.

Apr 5, 2019 at 12:50 PM Post #2,419 of 3,129
Haha thank! I think implementing something like this takes major programming skills. But I think this would be a real advantage against most TOTL DAPs If they actually do it.
Agreed.

The EQ options that Cowon includes in their JetEffect app are pretty close to this - allowing center frequency adjustments from pre-defined values as well as bandwidth options plus a host of other parameters (bass, chorus, surround, reverb, etc) - I have the Plenue P1 and can say it is pretty amazing. Additionally, from the reviews I have seen of the Lotoo TOTL devices their PEQ appears to be highly regarded (don't own and have not heard any of these). The other intriguing one to me is the Onkyo DP-X1A/Pioneer XDP-300R with their 11 band PEQ and the wide ranging flexibility they have - at least from the reviews as I have not heard these devices either.

Anyways, we can hope iBasso will look into this.

Cheers,
Tim

Last edited:
Apr 5, 2019 at 12:53 PM Post #2,421 of 3,129
Yes, it's cool... and useful. But even more useful would be a true SEARCH function for the UI. Please.
I think search function is already implemented for new Mango player in DX220. It's only the matter of if iBasso is going to bring the new player to our devices.

Apr 5, 2019 at 1:02 PM Post #2,422 of 3,129
Hi @Paul - iBasso
I've got (not only me) problem with Tidal Master - sound is "choking". WiFi is ok, and Tidal soft without Master option is working perfect.
Are you guys working on new soft update for DX150?

Apr 5, 2019 at 1:34 PM Post #2,423 of 3,129
Just curious if anyone is contemplating the Fiio M11?

Apr 5, 2019 at 1:47 PM Post #2,424 of 3,129
Hi @Paul - iBasso
I've got (not only me) problem with Tidal Master - sound is "choking". WiFi is ok, and Tidal soft without Master option is working perfect.
Are you guys working on new soft update for DX150?
How are you setting this up? I have Tidal playing Master quality out to a USB C cable to the DX150 playing Diana Krall and it plays with no problem. Have you tried a different USB C cable? You can also email me at paul@ibasso.com

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Apr 5, 2019 at 1:48 PM Post #2,425 of 3,129
iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Apr 5, 2019 at 3:02 PM Post #2,427 of 3,129
Agreed.

The EQ options that Cowon includes in their JetEffect app are pretty close to this - allowing center frequency adjustments from pre-defined values as well as bandwidth options plus a host of other parameters (bass, chorus, surround, reverb, etc) - I have the Plenue P1 and can say it is pretty amazing. Additionally, from the reviews I have seen of the Lotoo TOTL devices their PEQ appears to be highly regarded (don't own and have not heard any of these). The other intriguing one to me is the Onkyo DP-X1A/Pioneer XDP-300R with their 11 band PEQ and the wide ranging flexibility they have - at least from the reviews as I have not heard these devices either.

Anyways, we can hope iBasso will look into this.

Cheers,
Tim

One of the reasons why I didnt sell my colorfly U8 in my recent dap clearout. It has this already, 31 band PEQ and 7 band professional PEQ (Even better than my x Plenue L) I don't think ibasso will do one but I live in hope :L3000:

Apr 5, 2019 at 7:00 PM Post #2,430 of 3,129
Nope, i got burned with the X5iii... right now I trust iBasso, nothing “smart” from FIIO for me... IEM’s is another story, but Android devices, no thank you.

How were you burned by the X5iii. I am going to try the M11 along side the DX150.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back