iBasso DX120 pure DAP player. Balanced, single ended, line out and 2 micro SD slots. FW 2.9.21 now out!
Mar 6, 2022 at 10:37 AM Post #2,131 of 2,153
Could someone explain why can't I connect it to pc as reader? Windows starts freaking out constantly opening and closing the window with files.. It kinda feels like it installed virus or something because I am having problems with one dll file in system32 now

Last edited:
Jun 18, 2022 at 1:37 AM Post #2,134 of 2,153
Anyone happen to know what the battery looks like inside? Just wondering If I'll be able to swap the batteries out on this in the future. Sometimes it's not too complicated, but really depends on the makeup of the internals.
Very easy to change, it just clips in, easy to purchase too

Dec 13, 2022 at 4:27 AM Post #2,139 of 2,153
I remember there being a video on YT, but I'd have to find it. I remember the details that were discussed about it years ago - that that most annoying part is the glass back and having to remove it and put it back evenly to avoid it cracking. The battery's expansion has made the removal part easier. I have cell phone tools that will help me put it back evenly

Dec 13, 2022 at 7:27 AM Post #2,141 of 2,153
Heat the back with a blow dryer, gently remove the glass back, the battery has a bit of double sided tape, there is a small white box at the end of the batteries wire on the board, gently remove the 2 prong din socket thingy, then through out your old bloated battery before it self destructs, then plug your new battery into the 2 prong din socket thingy, add a little double sided foam tape to your battery, place in player, carefully replace the back and your done

Dec 13, 2022 at 4:15 PM Post #2,142 of 2,153
Anyone happen to know what the battery looks like inside? Just wondering If I'll be able to swap the batteries out on this in the future. Sometimes it's not too complicated, but really depends on the makeup of the internals.
I messaged Paul earlier about it, and he included a vid showing how to do it. I'd suggest doing so if you need a new battery

Feb 21, 2023 at 2:43 AM Post #2,143 of 2,153
I have a problem with my dx120 which has just occurred..

The player freezes and will not move onto the next track, rebooting does not solve the problem, also when using the coax out (which has worked for months), the player stops after one track and turns itself off.

I have done factory reset and reinstalled the firmware.

Any ideas or is it time to recyle it and buy another dap?

thanks

david

Feb 22, 2023 at 3:40 AM Post #2,144 of 2,153
I have a problem with my dx120 which has just occurred..

The player freezes and will not move onto the next track, rebooting does not solve the problem, also when using the coax out (which has worked for months), the player stops after one track and turns itself off.

I have done factory reset and reinstalled the firmware.

Any ideas or is it time to recyle it and buy another dap?

thanks

david
I had some similar issues once, it would come on and freeze and turn off, I formatted the sd and added files back a bit at a time, seems a couple files had been corrupted
If that doesn't for you then contact ibasso, they have the best customer service that you will encounter in this industry. They've gained my loyalty because of how well they treat their customers.

Unlike fiio, screw fiio horrible service

Feb 22, 2023 at 4:37 AM Post #2,145 of 2,153
I had some similar issues once, it would come on and freeze and turn off, I formatted the sd and added files back a bit at a time, seems a couple files had been corrupted
If that doesn't for you then contact ibasso, they have the best customer service that you will encounter in this industry. They've gained my loyalty because of how well they treat their customers.

Unlike fiio, screw fiio horrible service
No i tested the cards and both were ok (using windows diagnostics). I played around and discovered that second ssd drive was not reading either card but both read perfectly in the first slot.

So down to one slot (it is 3 years old) - i had a fiio x7 that eventually had the same problem and that had only one slot so i recycled it.

thank you for our advice

david

Users who are viewing this thread

Back