iBasso DX100 Reference DAP - ES9018 inside
Mar 17, 2013 at 10:02 AM Post #2,776 of 2,799
Just some trivia for DX100 owners: I think it´s the only portable player in the market (single item, added amps not included) that can do a "very good" rating in the RMAA benchmark: 
http://www.markuskraus.com/RMAA/dx100.htm

Mar 17, 2013 at 11:44 AM Post #2,778 of 2,799
The wifi on my dx100 is garbage and will not pick up a signal. I had to reset the dx100 for other reasons and now the power amp unlocker will not work. I can not use power amp and can not use the wifi on my device to reinstall it. Is there another way to get power amp on my dx100 like docking it to the computer or are there other suggestions for getting the wifi to work.

Mar 17, 2013 at 11:48 AM Post #2,779 of 2,799
Quote:
The wifi on my dx100 is garbage and will not pick up a signal. I had to reset the dx100 for other reasons and now the power amp unlocker will not work. I can not use power amp and can not use the wifi on my device to reinstall it. Is there another way to get power amp on my dx100 like docking it to the computer or are there other suggestions for getting the wifi to work.

Soren can talk to you all about WiFi on the DX100 :D. However, before he does, have you tried locking to a particular channel on the router rather than auto (and on my DX100 I have the Regulatory Domain at 13 channels).

Apr 2, 2013 at 7:20 AM Post #2,784 of 2,799
Quote:

Thanks for posting this.  I'm sorry your having such problems, but grateful you're sharing them here.

I wish iBasso would make a little brother to the DX100, that doesn't have headlight wipers, an electric sunroof, and all this other stuff that ultimately doesn't make the car go down the road, but frustrates owners to no end.

Where, oh where, can I find a UI no more complicated or less reliable than the default UI of something like the Sansa Clip+, with a DAC section that has DX100 or HM-801 sound quality (up to at least 96/24 for FLAC or even WAV), a 64GB microSD card reader, and LINE OUT - I don't even need a potent amp section - all for less than $300?

Apr 2, 2013 at 9:07 AM Post #2,785 of 2,799
the DAC +everything else probably quite expensive to warrant pricing more than $300 , even the fiio x3 cost 200 something and have a notably lesser DAC section than the DX100 , but well it have everything else you want, at least I think it does 24 bit playback

Apr 6, 2013 at 11:20 PM Post #2,787 of 2,799
Quote:
Hi all, I'm purchasing a DX100 in the next week or so. Can you tell me how it "presents" to a PC? I'm planning on adding a 64Gb card to it, but need to know if it shows up as a single device or 2 separate devices on a PC. (I'm using MediaMonkey)

I don't have a DX100, but I just read the manual yesterday.  
rolleyes.gif

If a card is mounted in the DX100, you'll see two drive letters appear in Windows Explorer.  Without the card, you'll only see one.

Mike

Users who are viewing this thread

Back