iBasso DX100 Reference DAP - ES9018 inside
Jan 17, 2012 at 10:31 AM Post #1,381 of 2,799

Quote:
[size=medium]Do you guys think will have to change language from Chinese to English? Anyone knows how to do that on android systems?[/size]

Android supports all the major languages in the world.

If that is not enough, iBasso always distribute their manuals in English. Not a single word is in Chinese.

Jan 17, 2012 at 10:51 AM Post #1,382 of 2,799
I propose a game:  the quiet game.  Everyone stops posting until we actually hear news of the DX100's release date.

You people, playing with my emotions, all these unread, useless posts!  *shakes fist* 

Jan 17, 2012 at 10:56 AM Post #1,383 of 2,799

Quote:
Great - they've stolen Cowon's business model from days of yore - ship the product and we'll worry about the firmware later ...... 
mad.gif

Sandisk also adopted this mentality with the Sansa Fuze plus. Ship the product with a buggy-incomplete firmware and screw the customer until later. Later would be a year past it's release date.. I can't stand that kind of business practice. You do your proper testing on people like us who know what we want in the player before putting it on the market and taking people's money. 
rolleyes.gif

Jan 17, 2012 at 10:59 AM Post #1,384 of 2,799

Quote:

Sandisk also adopted this mentality with the Sansa Fuze plus. Ship the product with a bugy-incomplete firmware and screw the customer until later. Later would be a year past it's release dat.. I can't stand that kind of business practice. You do your proper testing on people like us who know what we want in the player before putting it on the market and taking people's money. 
rolleyes.gif

I'm glad I skipped that model Sansa....everything I've read seems to point to it being a real piece of "shiznit".....lol

Jan 17, 2012 at 11:12 AM Post #1,385 of 2,799

Quote:
I'm glad I skipped that model Sansa....everything I've read seems to point to it being a real piece of "shiznit".....lol

The only Plus regarding the Fuze Plus is that it sounds better than the Fuze and the memory capacity was higher (16GB). Another problem with it was when you filled it up to full capacity in both on board and SD. It would severely lag the UI. Just a dreadful device and a slap in the face to Fuze owners.

Jan 17, 2012 at 11:17 AM Post #1,386 of 2,799

Quote:

The only Plus regarding the Fuze Plus is that it sounds better than the Fuze and the memory capacity was higher (16GB). Another problem with it was when you filled it up to full capacity in both on board and SD. It would severely lag the UI. Just a dreadful device and a slap in the face to Fuze owners.

I wonder if the ongoing efforts of the Rockbox team will help its shortcomings? Either way, not buying one. Not sure I need a sixth DAP....lol

Jan 17, 2012 at 11:35 AM Post #1,387 of 2,799
My E10 just arrived so now I guess I can go for a few more days without a proper DAP :)

Jan 17, 2012 at 11:47 AM Post #1,388 of 2,799
Again while we wait, can people share their thoughts on what is the best format of music to use for the DX100? Wave, flac, alac etc. Also, has anyone used those 3rd party droid music players like Neutron, Poweramp etc.

Jan 17, 2012 at 12:17 PM Post #1,389 of 2,799

Quote:
Again while we wait, can people share their thoughts on what is the best format of music to use for the DX100? Wave, flac, alac etc. Also, has anyone used those 3rd party droid music players like Neutron, Poweramp etc.

I'll leave the 24/192 at home, bring all my 24/96 and the 16/44.1 I feel like listening to. All in FLAC - And I recently bought the full version of PowerAmp, a great player. Like it much more than Neutron which seems kinda half-baked IMHO. If the DX100 turns out to have Ice Cream Sandwich (Android 4.0) on board, the CyanogenMod team has just launched a pretty damn awesome music player as well. 

I'll also add the app "DS Audio" as it allows me to stream all my music from my Synology NAS at home.

Jan 17, 2012 at 12:20 PM Post #1,390 of 2,799

Quote:

I bought Neutron, Deadbeef and poweramp. The Neutron is the best in SQ but stupid UI, Poweramp is the best as a whole. Deadbeef, I like the UI, its different....

Jan 17, 2012 at 12:22 PM Post #1,391 of 2,799

Quote:
I'll leave the 24/192 at home, bring all my 24/96 and the 16/44.1 I feel like listening to. All in FLAC - And I recently bought the full version of PowerAmp, a great player. Like it much more than Neutron which seems kinda half-baked IMHO. If the DX100 turns out to have Ice Cream Sandwich (Android 4.0) on board, the CyanogenMod team has just launched a pretty damn awesome music player as well. 

I'll also add the app "DS Audio" as it allows me to stream all my music from my Synology NAS at home.

What is the name of the player? "CyanogenMod team"

Jan 17, 2012 at 12:41 PM Post #1,392 of 2,799
Jan 17, 2012 at 12:44 PM Post #1,393 of 2,799
Thanks guys, may be I'll get the Poweramp and Neutron and start playing with them.

Jan 17, 2012 at 12:54 PM Post #1,394 of 2,799
Jan 17, 2012 at 1:01 PM Post #1,395 of 2,799
There's Winamp for Android as well, but so far PowerAmp is my favorite.

The thought of getting a dedicated Android DAP makes me consider getting a Metawatch... It's made to be open and hackable, so turning it into a wearable (sunlight readable!) PowerAmp remote should be pretty straight forward. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back