iBasso DX100 Reference DAP - ES9018 inside
Jan 17, 2012 at 1:45 PM Post #1,411 of 2,799

Quote:
Stuff like that just drives me crazy. What does he know? Why is he both angry  and happy? How soon will we know?

Could be that the good news is it will be released on time. And the bad news that is is all sold out or is exorbitantly priced. One or the other. Maybe both lol.
very_evil_smiley.gif
rolleyes.gif

Jan 17, 2012 at 1:45 PM Post #1,412 of 2,799

Quote:
Not so sure about that. Would be nice though. Would also have to be reasonably priced. But if it does topple the Hifiman 801 and is cheaper that would be so nice. Another factor is that it has to be usable with IEMs and not suffer major hiss at the suggested $700.00+ price range. There is absolutely no excuse for having such an issue on a portable device (which you normally use portable gear with such as IEMS). Time for these companies to match performance with value and not charge so much.

Many have been put off 801 not by price but by its practicality, your dap is simple, easy to use and excellent battery life. 801 has about  8 hours with all its humongous size What.
The Ibasso's Battery will be...........................................
guess.....................................anyone....

Jan 17, 2012 at 1:46 PM Post #1,413 of 2,799

Quote:

Many have been put off 801 not by price but by its practicality, your dap is simple, easy to use and excellent battery life. 801 has about  8 hours with all its humongous size What.

2 hours :wink:

Jan 17, 2012 at 1:48 PM Post #1,414 of 2,799

Quote:
Could be that the good news is it will be released on time. And the bad news that is is all sold out or is exorbitantly priced. One or the other. Maybe both lol.
very_evil_smiley.gif
rolleyes.gif

I am surprised...........

Jan 17, 2012 at 1:50 PM Post #1,415 of 2,799
Jan 17, 2012 at 1:51 PM Post #1,416 of 2,799
Jan 17, 2012 at 1:52 PM Post #1,417 of 2,799
Jan 17, 2012 at 1:55 PM Post #1,418 of 2,799

Not true at all, flac is less in size than alac. The differance is not big but it adds up if you have a lot of it.
example:

weezer - island in the sun.alac 23,739KB
weezer - island in the sun.flac  23,475KB

if you have 24/96, it will be even higher. I honestly think it's worth it to switch to flac. you should be able to add a lot more songs.

Quote:
Thanks, that is what I thought also but then I wasn't sure if certain player is made to play one format better than another.

Jan 17, 2012 at 1:57 PM Post #1,419 of 2,799
Quote:

Ah! A gap game! I came up with "The Ibasso's Battery will be cucumber!" ... but I guess that's not what you had in mind?

Jan 17, 2012 at 1:57 PM Post #1,420 of 2,799

Quote:
Not true at all, flac is less in size than alac. The differance is not big but it adds up if you have a lot of it.
example:

weezer - island in the sun.alac 23,739KB
weezer - island in the sun.flac  23,475KB

if you have 24/96, it will be even higher. I honestly think it's worth it to switch to flac. you should be able to add a lot more songs.

Not to mention I hate how Apple is so controlling, even ALAC is their form of control. Just tired of that non-sense "its all mine" greed and mentality Apple is so well known for...
rolleyes.gif

Jan 17, 2012 at 2:02 PM Post #1,422 of 2,799
[size=medium]I totally agree, and I swear I’m not just agreeing with you so we can reach 100 pages. [/size]

Quote:
Not to mention I hate how Apple is so controlling, even ALAC is their form of control. Just tired of that non-sense "its all mine" greed and mentality Apple is so well known for...
rolleyes.gif

Jan 17, 2012 at 2:42 PM Post #1,423 of 2,799
Jan 17, 2012 at 2:47 PM Post #1,424 of 2,799

Well for a moment I thought Jude was trying to get into the game by shutting the site down so we won't get to 100 pages :D

Since the announcement and release is going to be imminent like in the next day or two, I think the game we should play is call "king to the thread". Whoever is the first to post the release or announcement information we will crown him/her as the King of the thread, fair game? But then of course the only way to take that title away will be the first headfier to receive the DX100 and post impression of it.

Jan 17, 2012 at 2:53 PM Post #1,425 of 2,799

lol king? no thanks. Maybe everyone can donate a dollar and we buy me I mean her/him a dx100?

Quote:
Well for a moment I thought Jude was trying to get into the game by shutting the site down so we won't get to 100 pages
biggrin.gif

Since the announcement and release is going to be imminent like in the next day or two, I think the game we should play is call "king to the thread". Whoever is the first to post the release or announcement information we will crown him/her as the King of the thread, fair game? But then of course the only way to take that title away will be the first headfier to receive the DX100 and post impression of it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back