iBasso DX100 Reference DAP - ES9018 inside
Dec 28, 2011 at 7:39 PM Post #676 of 2,799

Quote:
 I will need to see real-world battery estimates on the DX100 before I part with a shekel.

I don't want to argue. And everybody has his own needs. It's strange how people demand a huge battery life from devices with high performance hardware. Look at the specs and ask yourself will it work for more then 10-15 hours or whatever you demand from it? Look at the size of this unit, I am pretty sure a good part of its space is reserved for battery to make owners of this DAP happy for many hours.

Originally Posted by estreeter

were you here when people started complaining about the DAC in their D4 failing ? How about the DAC issues with the D6 ? I've enjoyed every iBasso product I've ever owned (T3,D4,P4), but I don't put them on a pedestal - particularly when it comes to a product segment they haven't yet explored.

Oh my god, how could this happen... Every company that produces consumer electronics have a thing called failure rate. Even the best ones. And as far as I know iBasso has a normal failure rate. There is no one perfect. I just see how good is the price/quality ratio of iBasso products on this crazy expensive audiophile market. And guess what, no one paid me for this post.

Dec 28, 2011 at 7:55 PM Post #677 of 2,799

Quote:

Oh my god, how could this happen... Every company that produces consumer electronics have a thing called failure rate. Even the best ones. And as far as I know iBasso has a normal failure rate. There is no one perfect. I just see how good is the price/quality ratio of iBasso products on this crazy expensive audiophile market. And guess what, no one paid me for this post.

I'm not accusing you of being paid for the post, but I wanted to add a little reality to your earlier assumptions. I want this to be a 'killer' product too, but it wont become one purely based on our keystrokes.

Dec 28, 2011 at 8:13 PM Post #678 of 2,799
I just want something ess9018 or ess9016 based that doesn't cost a small fortune. i've heard many different setups over the last few couple of years and I personally think the ess 901X series is the very best.

Dec 29, 2011 at 2:17 AM Post #679 of 2,799
Quote:

I love how the T51 uses two DACs for a non balanced output, with a mediocre opamp for the headphone out. Even a max9722 could have done better... still  love it<3

max9722 is a DAC isn't it?  The TDA1308 is used in the Colorfly C4 as well for some reason...

What do you think about changing it to NE5532?

Dec 29, 2011 at 3:06 AM Post #683 of 2,799
Uelover, I got the Sony Ray, its a wonderful phone, but it does not sound anything like the T51, T51 wins this round . I tested it with all my gear.

Dec 29, 2011 at 3:35 AM Post #686 of 2,799

Quote:
i see that the sony ray has USB host , so does it have a usb digital out  ?

android 4.0 supports it .

I hope that it will support. Nobody knows on this one. Sony had just announced that there will be an ice cream update in March 2012.

Quote:
Uelover, I got the Sony Ray, its a wonderful phone, but it does not sound anything like the T51, T51 wins this round . I tested it with all my gear.

Try the Neutron Music player.

Anyway, wrong place to discuss Sony phones here.

Sorry iBasso dudes. I am waiting for iBasso as well.

*runs away*

Dec 29, 2011 at 4:25 AM Post #687 of 2,799

Quote:
max9722 is a DAC isn't it?  The TDA1308 is used in the Colorfly C4 as well for some reason...

What do you think about changing it to NE5532?

Sarcasm was kind of high last night... I thought placing the max9722 after the dual wolfsons. Sorry I would so much like it to discuss this topic with you, but I cannot bring my heart over to open up the T51.

Dec 29, 2011 at 6:18 AM Post #688 of 2,799

Quote:
I'm not accusing you of being paid for the post, but I wanted to add a little reality to your earlier assumptions. I want this to be a 'killer' product too, but it wont become one purely based on our keystrokes.

This is a discussion thread on DX100 and I sure want the same "killer" DAP as you do. Can I make some assumptions based on information that we have. Or is it underground or something. Of course it wont change the actual product in any ways but please let people here to dream a little. Because dreaming of something cool is what people here are often doing. I'm not afraid of disappointment and will be very happy to purchase DX100 if it will meet my expectations.

Dec 29, 2011 at 6:49 AM Post #689 of 2,799
I have been a fan of iBasso products for years starting with the D1 way back … in 2007. I have seen their progress throughout the years and currently own the D4, T5, D-Zero and the P1/B1 combo. My favorite due to convenience/sound is the D4 with HiFlight TopKit. I have high expectations for this dap and look forward to hearing one soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back