iBasso DX100 Reference DAP - ES9018 inside
Dec 29, 2011 at 11:14 AM Post #691 of 2,799

Quote:
This is a discussion thread on DX100 and I sure want the same "killer" DAP as you do. Can I make some assumptions based on information that we have. Or is it underground or something. Of course it wont change the actual product in any ways but please let people here to dream a little. Because dreaming of something cool is what people here are often doing. I'm not afraid of disappointment and will be very happy to purchase DX100 if it will meet my expectations.

if we can dream it we can do it! I can fly, touch the sky! lol, assume away, its all good all the time, input away! ya never know where it may go, I am very interested in hearing everything eveybody has to say, keeping it to a non personal, insightful, contributing nature of course! I almost went with iBasso on my first amp, but got the Voyager instead, and yes I'm loving it! TYFA, but am very interested in all the new DAPs coming out! pocket book contractions aside, lol , iBasso sounds very promising,

popcorn.gif
one lone soldier listens away, looking for buried treasure, tons of gold for which I won't kill, lol,    

Dec 29, 2011 at 12:03 PM Post #692 of 2,799

Quote:
if we can dream it we can do it! I can fly, touch the sky! lol, assume away, its all good all the time, input away! ya never know where it may go, I am very interested in hearing everything eveybody has to say, keeping it to a non personal, insightful, contributing nature of course! I almost went with iBasso on my first amp, but got the Voyager instead, and yes I'm loving it! TYFA, but am very interested in all the new DAPs coming out! pocket book contractions aside, lol , iBasso sounds very promising,

popcorn.gif
one lone soldier listens away, looking for buried treasure, tons of gold for which I won't kill, lol,   

Excelent summing-up ANDEROAN. Very poetic!

Dec 29, 2011 at 12:09 PM Post #693 of 2,799
But that's exactly the problem!  People are dreaming that this will cost thousands of dollars!!! I don't want to pay that much!!!

Maybe it's more of a nightmare.......

Quote:

popcorn.gif

Dec 29, 2011 at 12:13 PM Post #694 of 2,799

Quote:

Let's discuss what the closest desktop rival is, using ES9018.

I have ES9023 and wonder how different the ES9018 is...

ES9023 is $258 + amplifier, for the AKD-23S

http://www.digitalaudioreview.net.au/index.php/audio-reviews/digital-source-reviews/item/299-peachtree-audio-dac-it-ess-sabre-9022 here is a nice review from Jonh Darko which includes a comparison of 
  1. JKDAC (500, ESS 9022)
  2. Peachtree DAC*iT (AU$499, ESS 9022)
  3. Calyx Coffee  (AU$299, ESS Premier 9023)

http://www.digitalaudioreview.net.au/index.php/audio-reviews/digital-source-reviews/item/249-anedio-d1-dac-ess-sabre-9018 here is a review by John Darko on Andedio D1 based on ess 9018

Now you can see how they compare. Good luck!

Dec 29, 2011 at 5:30 PM Post #695 of 2,799

Quote:
But that's exactly the problem!  People are dreaming that this will cost thousands of dollars!!! I don't want to pay that much!!!

Maybe it's more of a nightmare.......

'Thousands' ? Sir, methinks you protest too much  :wink:

I will say this : there would be several on Head-Fi who *do* want it to cost more than the HM-801, and that will put it in the region of $1000 - exclusivity is a potent aphrodisiac in certain corners of Head-Fi. 2012 will be a challenging year for most of us - pricing it out of my reach might just be doing me a favour.

Dec 29, 2011 at 5:36 PM Post #696 of 2,799

Quote:

I will say this : there would be several on Head-Fi who *do* want it to cost more than the HM-801, and that will put it in the region of $1000 - exclusivity is a potent aphrodisiac in certain corners of Head-Fi. 2012 will be a challenging year for most of us - pricing it out of my reach might just be doing me a favour.

...So, if it turns out to be only $500, you won't be wanting one, then? 
wink.gif

Dec 29, 2011 at 5:47 PM Post #697 of 2,799
Ain't it the truth..... 
triportsad.gif

Quote:

Dec 29, 2011 at 5:53 PM Post #699 of 2,799

Quote:
...So, if it turns out to be only $500, you won't be wanting one, then? 
wink.gif

$500 would be tempting, no question, but we are at the time of year when folk make New Years resolutions, so I'm inclined to tell all and sundry that I am going to forsake toys and other distractions in favour of fiscal responsibility. Just like I did in late 2010. And late 2009. And .......  
eek.gif

Dec 29, 2011 at 5:58 PM Post #700 of 2,799

Quote:

$500 would be tempting, no question, but we are at the time of year when folk make New Years resolutions, so I'm inclined to tell all and sundry that I am going to forsake toys and other distractions in favour of fiscal responsibility. Just like I did in late 2010. And late 2009. And .......  
eek.gif

If that's the case, then you have just 2 days to deactivate your Head-Fi account, coz Head-Fi is mutually-incompatible with fiscal responsibility.

"You know of what I speak..!"

Dec 29, 2011 at 6:01 PM Post #701 of 2,799
We should petition to get a sub-forum made on Head-Fi for support groups to help those with upgrade-itis, lean-wallet-otomy and other associated illnesses.

Quote:

eek.gif

Dec 29, 2011 at 6:05 PM Post #702 of 2,799

Quote:
We should petition to get a sub-forum made on Head-Fi for support groups to help those with upgrade-itis, lean-wallet-otomy and other associated illnesses.

To put it bluntly - The Head-Fier's Clinic.

We can propose that to Jude.

Dec 29, 2011 at 6:16 PM Post #703 of 2,799
HFA, Hi my name is my name is, stan, and I'm a Hi-Fi addict, it all started in my crib when my hanging musical mobile dropped down and got stuck in my ear! I was addicted at an early age, and my parents were hippies and went on all the Grateful Dead tours with me in tow ugh! which got me super hooked YES! and now I hustle on the streets just for some streaming music fixes!

Dec 29, 2011 at 7:13 PM Post #705 of 2,799
"Dear iBasso, I am writing to you because I wish to appeal to your sense of social responsiblity. Ever since you announced your 'DX100' product, there has been much discussion amongst the inhabitants of Head-Fi. However, owing to your subsequent insistence on keeping potential customers 'in-the-dark', these hapless individuals have been veering from one sorry tangent to the next, and have now sunk to the extreme depths of airing their addictions & shortcomings in public. I beseech you to do the decent thing and enlighten these poor souls with full disclosure of the DX100 before it becomes necessary to call the men in white coats to drag Head-fiers, one-by-one, kicking and screaming from these perilous message boards, and submit them to the 'tender mercies' of their local asylum (also known as the local 'apple showroom'). You hold the sanity of numerous Head-fiers in your hands; History is watching and waiting..."

biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back