iBasso DX100:24 bit for bit, PG 1> Reviews & Impressions, Downloads, VIDEO, NEW Firmware 1.4.2.
Mar 25, 2013 at 12:23 PM Post #11,147 of 13,503
Ibasso seem to think it is an issue caused during firmware upgrades, so they suggested I use the DX100 Tool to completely wipe the unit and install a clean v1.3.7 - this I have done over the weekend. I am not convinced this has done anything - further testing required.

Can you guys confirm something:

If you switch the Custom EQ so that the bottom left shows Close and then Open - it changes the volume from quiet to loud.
Which is the louder one? For me it gets louder when it shows OPEN.

Am I correct in saying that Open = EQ ON (with all frequencies set to zero) and Close = EQ OFF

Thanks

The eq off or closed should be louder.

Mar 25, 2013 at 3:30 PM Post #11,148 of 13,503
Quote:
To answer your questions:

I'm using JH16 and 8.A - the 8.A tend to need more volume than the JH16 anyway.
However, assuming we're talking about the JH16 - I have always had the player around the upper 130 \ lower 140 setting in the office.
Although there are variances in the different tracks, they are generally the same ones I have been listening to for months - give or take the odd new album.

Wow - I would have found that painful at 190 plus.....not so sure now...might have to see how the player sounds now at that volume.
The EQ has always been set to Closed (off)  - it does get louder if I switch it to Open(On)

@Rozeqcloud - Love his new album. I play it most days and I appreciate the brilliance of it more with each listen. There are so many layers to each of the tracks, I seem to discover something new with each listen.
I found on first few listens that it appeared disjointed and random - That I think is its brilliance, because as you listen to it more, you discover that it is anything but random and that each song is carefully crafted and the whole album fits together as one. For example, its taken a while for what I thought was just a cacophony of sounds at the beginning of "Holy Drinker", to click and understand that it is not just random sounds, but that it all flows and fits together.
Each time I get to the closing bars of "The Raven", I find myself thinking...."Is that it? Has it really been an hour!!! "

I guess I'll let iBasso know and keep an ear on it and see if the volume keeps going down over the next few weeks.

Yes all Stevens work is brilliant .i cant wait to hear his surround mixes ,which always win awards

Mar 25, 2013 at 5:20 PM Post #11,149 of 13,503
Quote:
It appears to be the other way round: when it shows "Open", it is is presenting that option to you when it is actually currently "Closed", and vice versa. So it does get quieter when the EQ is activated.

Hope that makes sense!

Yes - I think this is what has confused me....why they cant use ON\OFF ?

To confirm what iBasso said:

If you see CLOSE it means that the EQ is currently ON with all frequencies set to Zero.
So if you want to use it with NO EQ settings  - make sure you see OPEN – which means all EQ is OFF

Funnily enough I think the volume maybe OK now I understand the EQ options 
confused_face(1).gif

Mar 26, 2013 at 10:04 PM Post #11,150 of 13,503
I just got a Sandisk microSD 64GB card and I'm having trouble inserting it into the slot.  It won't "catch", it ejects itself.  I have uploaded a video of me attempting to insert it here: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/16252691/IMG_0168.MOV , am I doing it correctly?  Thanks for any help :)

Mar 26, 2013 at 10:47 PM Post #11,151 of 13,503
Did you insert it upside down? You are suppose to put it in upside down on Chinese players. Then use your nail to push it inside the hole and it should click.

Mar 27, 2013 at 12:37 AM Post #11,153 of 13,503
I just push the SD micro card in flush and it clicks into place (upside down). I push with my finger and it comes out. I don't use a finger nail or tweezers, no need to.

Mar 27, 2013 at 12:47 AM Post #11,154 of 13,503
Quote:
OK, will try, I did put it in upside down but was afraid I wouldn't be able to get it out again because it went all the way in and had to use tweezers to get it out.

I used my nails to push it in and push it back in again when I wanted to get it out. Too much of an issue for me using my fingers to push it in. Didn't seem to work that way when I had a unit.

Mar 29, 2013 at 4:39 PM Post #11,160 of 13,503
Quote:
Yes - I think this is what has confused me....why they cant use ON\OFF ?

To confirm what iBasso said:

If you see CLOSE it means that the EQ is currently ON with all frequencies set to Zero.
So if you want to use it with NO EQ settings  - make sure you see OPEN – which means all EQ is OFF

Funnily enough I think the volume maybe OK now I understand the EQ options 
confused_face(1).gif

Holy C!!!

Why make it so convoluted!

On = On

Off = Off. Done

Open means off. Close means on except all bands eq ±0???
yikes!
Yes means no.
No means yes.
Open means off
Close means on
anyones head turning?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back