iBasso DX100:24 bit for bit, PG 1> Reviews & Impressions, Downloads, VIDEO, NEW Firmware 1.4.2.
Nov 12, 2012 at 3:11 AM Post #8,971 of 13,503
Quote:
Someone actually recommended me to go ACS T1 custom instead of Heir 8.A
Anyone did comparison for both of the T1 and 8.A?
Can do a little bit of desribe? hehe

Haven't heard the ACS T1 I'm afraid... The 8.A is a marvelous creature. Musical, yet amazingly detailed. I babbled some more about them here: http://www.head-fi.org/products/heir-audio-8-a/reviews/7121

Still using them 6-10 hours a day, still loving every second of it. If you can swing the $1K, forget my 2.5/5 value rating and make it a full on 5. They do classical concerts, they do intimate acoustic jazz clubs, they do pumping (eye-popping) dubstep and trance, they do shredding metal... They truly do everything well. I guess all 8 (16) drivers are there for a reason.

Nov 12, 2012 at 3:19 AM Post #8,972 of 13,503
Quote:
Oh and they're $300 off right now, $975 in stead of the usual $1299. Still a hefty chunk of cash, but less than I paid...

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm really curious how these stack up against the JH16 and I have been fighting the urge to find out by telling my self that $1200 is too much to pay...but now they're down to $975!
Aaaahhhh!

Nov 12, 2012 at 3:24 AM Post #8,973 of 13,503
Quote:

I'm really curious how these stack up against the JH16 and I have been fighting the urge to find out by telling my self that $1200 is too much to pay...but now they're down to $975!
Aaaahhhh!

You know in this case you are quite happy to get this punishment :wink:.

Nov 12, 2012 at 3:25 AM Post #8,974 of 13,503
Quote:

Aaaahhhh!

The JH16 is reportedly more analytical, with a brighter, etched out sound. Great for monitoring with a nice bass punch. I know the lead yeller/singer/whiner from Linkin Park uses them on stage. I use my 8.A for long periods at a time and want to enjoy my music, but keep the ability to really dig down into every little detail when I feel like it. They do that perfectly.

And before hordes of Linkin Park fans come after me: My wife likes Linkin Park. I don't. But this is pretty damn cool: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dHtwZ07N1ic - I don't like all of their music, but I respect the skills.

Nov 12, 2012 at 3:35 AM Post #8,975 of 13,503
I actually like quite a bit of their music. I know what you mean by the whiney comment lol. I find it a bit irritating at times as well :p.

I like adels version much more though. Especially in 24/96. Her voice really carries though and I pick up harshness in her vocals on the CD version (but not so much of an issue on the high res version).

Nov 12, 2012 at 3:42 AM Post #8,976 of 13,503
Quote:
I actually like quite a bit of their music. I know what you mean by the whiney comment lol. I find it a bit irritating at times as well :p.

I like adels version much more though. Especially in 24/96. Her voice really carries though and I pick up harshness in her vocals on the CD version (but not so much of an issue on the high res version).

High Res Adele? WHERE?!? WHY WAS I NOT INFORMED?!?

Nov 12, 2012 at 4:10 AM Post #8,981 of 13,503
I'm using DX100 with Earsonics EM4, although the 1.2.7 is quite good,  more neutral and the treble is more smooth and airy now but it is lack of ambience, even my Clip+ or HM601 can create more ambience that comes from lower mid and and upper bass freq, hoping they will get better someday

Nov 12, 2012 at 4:20 AM Post #8,982 of 13,503
Quote:
The JH16 is reportedly more analytical, with a brighter, etched out sound. Great for monitoring with a nice bass punch. I know the lead yeller/singer/whiner from Linkin Park uses them on stage. I use my 8.A for long periods at a time and want to enjoy my music, but keep the ability to really dig down into every little detail when I feel like it. They do that perfectly.

I use my JH16 for around 6-8hrs a day and mostly enjoy them, but find at times they can be ultra bright and sibilant....I guess its probably down to poor recordings rather than the JH16 themselves? I am really surprised that the 8.A aren't described as bright, considering their 4 high frequency drivers!

The 8.A sound like a superior version of my ACS T1s which have plenty of bass to make them fun but not so overpowering that it drowns out the mids and yet they are still surprisingly detailed in the higher frequencies.

Anyway, I dont want to hijack this thread with a discussion of 8.A against JH16....so I'll leave that discussion to another thread

Nov 12, 2012 at 4:32 AM Post #8,983 of 13,503
Thanks for the input, guys =) I really appreciate it.
I have to find something to pair up with my DX100.
Denon D2000 is good but it arent portable.
My Fischer Audio DBA02 has a piercing bright treble. I couldnt listen to music for a long time with it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back