iBasso DX100:24 bit for bit, PG 1> Reviews & Impressions, Downloads, VIDEO, NEW Firmware 1.4.2.
Apr 13, 2012 at 2:43 PM Post #4,651 of 13,503
As day two draws to a close, I'm increasingly delighted with my DX100. 

As the stock player more than meets my needs and I've only used poweramp once, I've uninstalled it...

Just tidying up the applications now...

Apr 13, 2012 at 2:53 PM Post #4,652 of 13,503

exactly my needs, delighted to hear yours are met, mine to, happy days...
Quote:
I want it to simply play hires music gapless one album at a time from end to end with great sq on all my phones. C4 does this and nothing else and I just love the look and feel when using it. Only complaint is the 4-5 hour battery time

Apr 13, 2012 at 3:45 PM Post #4,653 of 13,503
exactly my needs, delighted to hear yours are met, mine to, happy days...
Quote:
I want it to simply play hires music gapless one album at a time from end to end with great sq on all my phones. C4 does this and nothing else and I just love the look and feel when using it. Only complaint is the 4-5 hour battery time

Exactly. Am still looking forward to trying the dx100 next week as I'm sure it's a fantastic piece of kit but I'm also fairly convinced that it wont be any better than the C4 for my specific needs (or at least not enough better to warrant getting it an getting rid of the C4)

Apr 13, 2012 at 4:06 PM Post #4,654 of 13,503
I was just about to mention how long this thread is. Time for a new one with a post to sum up each hundred pages for starters?

EDIT: Most pages are on can a MicroSDXC work and chargers and cases........then recently how it works. But also a lot of filler due to the recall and only 40 people having them before we even reached 100 pages i believe
Quote:

With over 300 pages long, it's hard enough to search for some information.

Gone are the days of good netiquette...

Apr 13, 2012 at 4:21 PM Post #4,656 of 13,503
It's nice to know that the internet is now old enough for us to get nostalgic for the good old days...
Quote:

With over 300 pages long, it's hard enough to search for some information.

Gone are the days of good netiquette...

Yes, thinks were so much more gentlemanly/ladylike when computers were clockwork..

Someone pass me a shellac 78, I'm feeling nostalgic!

Joking aside, this thread does need some tidying-up, or, as has been suggested, perhaps we should begin a fresh one.

Vote on that, anyone?

Apr 13, 2012 at 4:29 PM Post #4,657 of 13,503
It would be nice to have a thread 'deflated' to only contain on point questions, impressions and tips. Like many threads, the idle days waiting for DX100 to land led to much shanniganery 
wink_face.gif

Apr 13, 2012 at 4:34 PM Post #4,658 of 13,503
Check out any other flavour of the month gear thread. They are exactly like this. We need this thread to stay alive else any new one will become the same - check out Woo United and LCD-2 Lovers. The best bet is to have the first post continually updated with pertinent info.

However if we could refrain from posting every single song we are listening to it would help.

Apr 13, 2012 at 4:38 PM Post #4,659 of 13,503

Quote:
Check out any other flavour of the month gear thread. They are exactly like this. We need this thread to stay alive else any new one will become the same - check out Woo United and LCD-2 Lovers. The best bet is to have the first post continually updated with pertinent info.
However if we could refrain from posting every single song we are listening too it would help.

I agree, totally. 

--------------------------

I post where the reviews and impressions are to be found on the first page and I have tried to link to hirez music for those who desire it. No matter what you do, there will be posts that are off subject, just the way it is. New thread, new off topic posts. So can we please stay on topic as even posts on off topic, aren't on topic.

-----------------------

I know new firmware is coming out and there are some small things that can be cleaned up but in general, I don't use PowerAmp any longer as the stock software does great. I would like to have artwork show up like on Poweramp, for the enjoyment of it. 

Sound wise, I still think that with all of the caps forming, that after a couple of hundred hours, there will still be changes. 

Apr 13, 2012 at 5:19 PM Post #4,661 of 13,503
As promised, a video of my rooted and trimmed (as I described previously) DX100. 

1) Audio is a bit low, my bad. DX100 lineout -> Camera mic in.
2) The screen looks WAY worse on the video than it does in real life. Me getting the exposure wrong probably doesn't help.
3) I'm used to operating my Galaxy Nexus with a far more sensitive touchscreen, so when the DX100 looks unresponsive, it's just me not pushing hard enough.
4) Yeah I might do a better video at some point and actually plan what I'm going to do before I start recording. 

Apr 13, 2012 at 5:22 PM Post #4,662 of 13,503
A question for any JH13 or JH16 owners: at what volume number do you typically listen at? I don't want to blow my ears out :) Any perceived SQ difference between low and high gain?

Apr 13, 2012 at 5:41 PM Post #4,663 of 13,503

Quote:
A question for any JH13 or JH16 owners: at what volume number do you typically listen at? I don't want to blow my ears out :) Any perceived SQ difference between low and high gain?

JH16 @ 186, law gain.

Apr 13, 2012 at 5:42 PM Post #4,664 of 13,503
Quote:
As promised, a video of my rooted and trimmed (as I described previously) DX100. 

1) Audio is a bit low, my bad. DX100 lineout -> Camera mic in.
2) The screen looks WAY worse on the video than it does in real life. Me getting the exposure wrong probably doesn't help.
3) I'm used to operating my Galaxy Nexus with a far more sensitive touchscreen, so when the DX100 looks unresponsive, it's just me not pushing hard enough.
4) Yeah I might do a better video at some point and actually plan what I'm going to do before I start recording. 

OK, let us see...., thank you

Ended with a pop
bigsmile_face.gif
, how annoying.....this pop is, indeed.

Apr 13, 2012 at 5:44 PM Post #4,665 of 13,503
Why do they call a headphone thunder in pants?

The Thunderpants are planar phones built to order by Head-Fi member Gary (Smeggy) Why he chose that name only he can answer! They do, however, sound superb with paired with the DX100.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back