iBasso DX100:24 bit for bit, PG 1> Reviews & Impressions, Downloads, VIDEO, NEW Firmware 1.4.2.
post-8303244
Post #4,651 of 13,497

dc-k

Headphoneus Supremus
Joined
Feb 19, 2012
Messages
4,343
Reaction score
98
Joined
Feb 19, 2012
Posts
4,343
Likes
98
As day two draws to a close, I'm increasingly delighted with my DX100. 
 
As the stock player more than meets my needs and I've only used poweramp once, I've uninstalled it...
 
Just tidying up the applications now...
 
     Share This Post       
post-8303268
Post #4,652 of 13,497

dc-k

Headphoneus Supremus
Joined
Feb 19, 2012
Messages
4,343
Reaction score
98
Joined
Feb 19, 2012
Posts
4,343
Likes
98

exactly my needs, delighted to hear yours are met, mine to, happy days...
Quote:
I want it to simply play hires music gapless one album at a time from end to end with great sq on all my phones. C4 does this and nothing else and I just love the look and feel when using it. Only complaint is the 4-5 hour battery time


 
 
     Share This Post       
post-8303410
Post #4,653 of 13,497

nc8000

Headphoneus Supremus
Joined
Apr 30, 2007
Messages
9,003
Reaction score
3,308
Location
Kalundborg, Denmark
Joined
Apr 30, 2007
Location
Kalundborg, Denmark
Posts
9,003
Likes
3,308
Age
57
exactly my needs, delighted to hear yours are met, mine to, happy days...
Quote:
I want it to simply play hires music gapless one album at a time from end to end with great sq on all my phones. C4 does this and nothing else and I just love the look and feel when using it. Only complaint is the 4-5 hour battery time


 

Exactly. Am still looking forward to trying the dx100 next week as I'm sure it's a fantastic piece of kit but I'm also fairly convinced that it wont be any better than the C4 for my specific needs (or at least not enough better to warrant getting it an getting rid of the C4)
 
     Share This Post       
post-8303466
Post #4,654 of 13,497

kenman345

Headphoneus Supremus
Joined
Nov 22, 2011
Messages
2,891
Reaction score
86
Joined
Nov 22, 2011
Posts
2,891
Likes
86
I was just about to mention how long this thread is. Time for a new one with a post to sum up each hundred pages for starters?
 
EDIT: Most pages are on can a MicroSDXC work and chargers and cases........then recently how it works. But also a lot of filler due to the recall and only 40 people having them before we even reached 100 pages i believe
Quote:
 
With over 300 pages long, it's hard enough to search for some information.
 
Gone are the days of good netiquette...


 
 
     Share This Post       
post-8303471
Post #4,655 of 13,497

dc-k

Headphoneus Supremus
Joined
Feb 19, 2012
Messages
4,343
Reaction score
98
Joined
Feb 19, 2012
Posts
4,343
Likes
98

It's nice to know that the internet is now old enough for us to get nostalgic for the good old days...
Quote:
 
With over 300 pages long, it's hard enough to search for some information.
 
Gone are the days of good netiquette...


 
 
     Share This Post       
post-8303509
Post #4,656 of 13,497

Mython

Headphoneus Supremus
Joined
Feb 11, 2008
Messages
8,760
Reaction score
3,383
Joined
Feb 11, 2008
Posts
8,760
Likes
3,383
It's nice to know that the internet is now old enough for us to get nostalgic for the good old days...
Quote:
 
With over 300 pages long, it's hard enough to search for some information.
 
Gone are the days of good netiquette...


 


Yes, thinks were so much more gentlemanly/ladylike when computers were clockwork..

Someone pass me a shellac 78, I'm feeling nostalgic!


Joking aside, this thread does need some tidying-up, or, as has been suggested, perhaps we should begin a fresh one.

Vote on that, anyone?


 
     Share This Post       
post-8303527
Post #4,657 of 13,497

Misterrogers

MOT: Joe Audio
Joined
Jan 29, 2011
Messages
761
Reaction score
60
Joined
Jan 29, 2011
Posts
761
Likes
60
It would be nice to have a thread 'deflated' to only contain on point questions, impressions and tips. Like many threads, the idle days waiting for DX100 to land led to much shanniganery 

 
     Share This Post       
post-8303537
Post #4,658 of 13,497

Pudu

Headphoneus Supremus
Joined
Oct 1, 2009
Messages
1,776
Reaction score
108
Joined
Oct 1, 2009
Posts
1,776
Likes
108
Check out any other flavour of the month gear thread. They are exactly like this. We need this thread to stay alive else any new one will become the same - check out Woo United and LCD-2 Lovers. The best bet is to have the first post continually updated with pertinent info.

However if we could refrain from posting every single song we are listening to it would help.
 
     Share This Post       
post-8303545
Post #4,659 of 13,497

jamato8

Headphoneus Supremus
Joined
Nov 6, 2004
Messages
17,469
Reaction score
2,072
Joined
Nov 6, 2004
Posts
17,469
Likes
2,072
 
Quote:
Check out any other flavour of the month gear thread. They are exactly like this. We need this thread to stay alive else any new one will become the same - check out Woo United and LCD-2 Lovers. The best bet is to have the first post continually updated with pertinent info.
However if we could refrain from posting every single song we are listening too it would help.


I agree, totally. 
 
--------------------------
 
 I post where the reviews and impressions are to be found on the first page and I have tried to link to hirez music for those who desire it. No matter what you do, there will be posts that are off subject, just the way it is. New thread, new off topic posts. So can we please stay on topic as even posts on off topic, aren't on topic.
 
-----------------------
 
I know new firmware is coming out and there are some small things that can be cleaned up but in general, I don't use PowerAmp any longer as the stock software does great. I would like to have artwork show up like on Poweramp, for the enjoyment of it. 
 
Sound wise, I still think that with all of the caps forming, that after a couple of hundred hours, there will still be changes. 
 
     Share This Post       
post-8303552
Post #4,660 of 13,497

Pudu

Headphoneus Supremus
Joined
Oct 1, 2009
Messages
1,776
Reaction score
108
Joined
Oct 1, 2009
Posts
1,776
Likes
108
Yes, I meant to say thanks to Jamato for maintaining the thread with regard to pertinent information.

Cheers mate.
 
     Share This Post       
post-8303649
Post #4,661 of 13,497

Sorensiim

Headphoneus Supremus
Joined
Dec 11, 2008
Messages
4,264
Reaction score
911
Joined
Dec 11, 2008
Posts
4,264
Likes
911
As promised, a video of my rooted and trimmed (as I described previously) DX100. 
 

 
1) Audio is a bit low, my bad. DX100 lineout -> Camera mic in.
2) The screen looks WAY worse on the video than it does in real life. Me getting the exposure wrong probably doesn't help.
3) I'm used to operating my Galaxy Nexus with a far more sensitive touchscreen, so when the DX100 looks unresponsive, it's just me not pushing hard enough.
4) Yeah I might do a better video at some point and actually plan what I'm going to do before I start recording. 
 
     Share This Post       
post-8303659
Post #4,662 of 13,497

strannik

100+ Head-Fier
Joined
Jan 22, 2011
Messages
221
Reaction score
16
Joined
Jan 22, 2011
Posts
221
Likes
16
A question for any JH13 or JH16 owners: at what volume number do you typically listen at? I don't want to blow my ears out :) Any perceived SQ difference between low and high gain?
 
     Share This Post       
post-8303704
Post #4,663 of 13,497

turokrocks

Headphoneus Supremus
Joined
Sep 23, 2011
Messages
3,581
Reaction score
137
Joined
Sep 23, 2011
Posts
3,581
Likes
137


Quote:
A question for any JH13 or JH16 owners: at what volume number do you typically listen at? I don't want to blow my ears out :) Any perceived SQ difference between low and high gain?


 
JH16 @ 186, law gain.
 
     Share This Post       
post-8303708
Post #4,664 of 13,497

turokrocks

Headphoneus Supremus
Joined
Sep 23, 2011
Messages
3,581
Reaction score
137
Joined
Sep 23, 2011
Posts
3,581
Likes
137
Quote:
As promised, a video of my rooted and trimmed (as I described previously) DX100. 
 

 
1) Audio is a bit low, my bad. DX100 lineout -> Camera mic in.
2) The screen looks WAY worse on the video than it does in real life. Me getting the exposure wrong probably doesn't help.
3) I'm used to operating my Galaxy Nexus with a far more sensitive touchscreen, so when the DX100 looks unresponsive, it's just me not pushing hard enough.
4) Yeah I might do a better video at some point and actually plan what I'm going to do before I start recording. 
OK, let us see...., thank you
 
Ended with a pop
, how annoying.....this pop is, indeed.
 
     Share This Post       
post-8303712
Post #4,665 of 13,497

HiFlight

Headphoneus Supremus
Joined
Feb 12, 2005
Messages
5,569
Reaction score
1,072
Location
Fort Myers, FL
Joined
Feb 12, 2005
Location
Fort Myers, FL
Posts
5,569
Likes
1,072
Why do they call a headphone thunder in pants?

The Thunderpants are planar phones built to order by Head-Fi member Gary (Smeggy) Why he chose that name only he can answer! They do, however, sound superb with paired with the DX100.

 
     Share This Post       
  • Like
Reactions: bmiamihk

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Top