iBasso DX100:24 bit for bit, PG 1> Reviews & Impressions, Downloads, VIDEO, NEW Firmware 1.4.2.
Mar 25, 2012 at 4:29 PM Post #2,777 of 13,503
Just placed an order for ATH-W3000ANV for 999 usd.....nice..
Still no invoice for me yet, paid 12 Feb.
A replay to my email from iBasso:
Hi,
We dont have plan about making accessories for the DX100.
The changes on the hardware are minor. Just change the value of the capacitors.
Yes, we have plan to uptrade it to Android 4.0
So here you go guys, Ice Cream on the DX100 in the future.That should give us a little more playback, right?
Can't wait for the ATH-W3000ANV and DX100 to arrive, i hope will sound great.My W4 is going today..sorry Westone..time to move to full size headphones.
gs1000.gif

Mar 25, 2012 at 4:34 PM Post #2,778 of 13,503
Ah mai gawd when they put ICS on the dx100 it's gonna be sweet.  Wonder if its processor/RAM can really handle it though?

Mar 25, 2012 at 4:58 PM Post #2,780 of 13,503
Get their most recent 3 track EP, it's really good.

Edit: 2/3 of the tracks are 24/48 from the Euthanizing a Dream EP which is a nice bonus.  Pretty much every headfier should own this to hear the kind of dynamics and soundstage their system is capable of.  

Mar 25, 2012 at 6:57 PM Post #2,781 of 13,503
It 's not just me.......I let both my daughters listen and they know the song Hotel California relatively well, but it isn't a song of choice for them. On 24/192 HiRez, it brought a bigger smile to their faces than Taylor Swift ever did! That told me something..........

Quote:
I'm surprised you mention the Eagles' 'Hotel California' as a 24/192 that really shines, because I listened to that very album (in 24/192), admittedly, only through my laptop soundcard => UM Miracle, the other night, and, other than some nice cymbal reproduction, I couldn't really help but conclude that the 24/192 resolution was wasted on this relatively-old analogue recording. I do, of course, realise that the DX100 is in a different league to a laptop soundcard, but I'm still surprised you feel this particular album is that much better in 24/192 than in 16/44.1

Mar 25, 2012 at 7:19 PM Post #2,783 of 13,503
Hey guys, some practical questions: for those of you that have received the DX100, how many days did it take to ship the unit? Was it shipped from China? Was it declared at full price or a bit less (oh those taxes.. 
frown.gif
)

Mar 25, 2012 at 7:36 PM Post #2,784 of 13,503

Quote:
The video doesn't lag.  It plays a variety of formats just fine if you use a 3rd party player.  Be patient since some people are just getting their invoices.  You're probably at the tail end of the pack.  

Apparently the quality of the video playback is bad due to the low screen resolution from just some of the feedbacks that came in.

It is not about waiting and the test of patience, it is the process of rationalizing the purchase during the wait and starting to question if this device is even worth my money since it doesn't do half of the things I expect it to do well.

PS: I ordered mine on 10th Feb PST. Those after me can expect some longer waiting time.

Mar 25, 2012 at 7:37 PM Post #2,785 of 13,503
Just found this forum/site for information and resources on Hi-Rez music:-

http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?board=150.0

I find it very useful
bigsmile_face.gif

That's why for the past 2 weeks I've been converting my SACD's to FLAC in any sampling rate I choose & trying to buy more SACD's.

Cheers for the site as I'm keen to see what I can do about my DVD-Audio's too!
Combined with other hires online stores one could build a reasonable collection.

Finally my DX100 has made progress & arrived in Japan customs this morning. It was also released by customs :). So hopefully I'll get it later today or tomorrow morning!

Mar 25, 2012 at 8:05 PM Post #2,786 of 13,503
Here's to receiving it AnakChan today
beerchug.gif

I have just d/l the 3 sample songs in 24/192 in AIFF. The DX100 plays it and show it as a MP3 
confused_face_2.gif
 on the directory, but the correct information is shown on the music player. They are songs taken from the recording Audiophile Jazz Prologue lll. They sound absolutely gorgeous
tongue_smile.gif

http://designwsound.com/dwsblog/recordings/audiophile-jazz-prologue-3-free-hi-res-samples/

Please enjoy after downloading!!!

Quote:
That's why for the past 2 weeks I've been converting my SACD's to FLAC in any sampling rate I choose & trying to buy more SACD's.
Cheers for the site as I'm keen to see what I can do about my DVD-Audio's too!
Combined with other hires online stores one could build a reasonable collection.
Finally my DX100 has made progress & arrived in Japan customs this morning. It was also released by customs
smily_headphones1.gif
. So hopefully I'll get it later today or tomorrow morning!

Mar 25, 2012 at 8:49 PM Post #2,788 of 13,503
Buyer's remorse? ...sounds like you're talking yourself out of this one; nothing wrong with that. 

Quote:

Apparently the quality of the video playback is bad due to the low screen resolution from just some of the feedbacks that came in.

It is not about waiting and the test of patience, it is the process of rationalizing the purchase during the wait and starting to question if this device is even worth my money since it doesn't do half of the things I expect it to do well.

PS: I ordered mine on 10th Feb PST. Those after me can expect some longer waiting time.

Mar 25, 2012 at 8:52 PM Post #2,789 of 13,503
According to UPS tracking mine was processed on Thursday and shipped on Friday. It will be here on Tuesday.

Quote:
Hey guys, some practical questions: for those of you that have received the DX100, how many days did it take to ship the unit? Was it shipped from China? Was it declared at full price or a bit less (oh those taxes.. 
frown.gif
)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back