iBasso DX100:24 bit for bit, PG 1> Reviews & Impressions, Downloads, VIDEO, NEW Firmware 1.4.2.
Mar 23, 2012 at 9:35 PM Post #2,641 of 13,503

Maybe that the only style they listen to. How would they know how metal, breaks and electro sounds on it if they do not like these styles of music?

Quote:
So Dx100 is best for female vocal and small symphonic music? That's what most DX100 users on erji.net said 
smily_headphones1.gif
. Sounds like a complement of 801

Mar 23, 2012 at 11:41 PM Post #2,643 of 13,503
Just a pic showing the DX100 with two Triad L3

The finishing on the new L3 is noticeably better, the one on the left.

This picture will illustrate it better, darker, smoother and shinier finish, very very nice. This new L3 will be used in a very special set up!!!

Listened some more with the DX100 all morning with the Triad and the sharpness that I mentioned in my last post, is not so apparent anymore, so maybe the initial 5 hrs mentioned for it to settle is right on the money!

Mar 24, 2012 at 12:41 AM Post #2,644 of 13,503

Quote:
Just a pic showing the DX100 with two Triad L3

The finishing on the new L3 is noticeably better, the one on the left.

This picture will illustrate it better, darker, smoother and shinier finish, very very nice. This new L3 will be used in a very special set up!!!

Listened some more with the DX100 all morning with the Triad and the sharpness that I mentioned in my last post, is not so apparent anymore, so maybe the initial 5 hrs mentioned for it to settle is right on the money!

That L3 looks a lot smaller than the one I used to have. Did they change it's form factor? Looks a lot better for sure.
Still hanging out to hear how it compares to the internal amp!
Nice impressions btw, cheers.

Mar 24, 2012 at 1:39 AM Post #2,647 of 13,503
I'm just curious if the triad is really even necessary. Having a hard time believing so unless its really, really hard to drive phones. Seems more like an excess if anything...

Mar 24, 2012 at 2:08 AM Post #2,648 of 13,503
I am out and about with the dx100. I am disappointed with the sound as a player. I think the reports on this thread from the Chinese is rather complimentary I will leave full judgement until burn in is complete.
I will compare later with a 2stepdance I have and another amp also.
For me right now it is thin sounding, soundstage is smaller, much smaller less detail retrieval than when used as a source to the triad.

Got to run.....

Mar 24, 2012 at 2:39 AM Post #2,649 of 13,503
I think @Jalo has the right idea by letting it burn in before posting any thoughts.

Of course this is coming up now just when I'm about to run to Akiba to buy 2x64GB microSDXCs!! Grr...

P.S. _STILL_ in Shenzen.

Mar 24, 2012 at 2:56 AM Post #2,650 of 13,503
I think @Jalo has the right idea by letting it burn in before posting any thoughts.

Of course this is coming up now just when I'm about to run to Akiba to buy 2x64GB microSDXCs!! Grr...

P.S. _STILL_ in Shenzen.

Well these are impressions. And it should interesting to see how it beds in. The sound is similar to what happened to the 2stepdance where the sound has bloomed quite nicely. Will now see if the same happens on the dx100.

Mar 24, 2012 at 3:10 AM Post #2,651 of 13,503
Main purpose for me in getting the DX100 is to get a clean warm sound that is better then the Hifiman and the Cowon with more then enough power alone so I do not have to carryanother brick attached to it.

Mar 24, 2012 at 3:31 AM Post #2,652 of 13,503

Quote:
I am out and about with the dx100. I am disappointed with the sound as a player. I think the reports on this thread from the Chinese is rather complimentary I will leave full judgement until burn in is complete.
I will compare later with a 2stepdance I have and another amp also.
For me right now it is thin sounding, soundstage is smaller, much smaller less detail retrieval than when used as a source to the triad.
Got to run.....

The time you used the line out for the other amp was time the internal amp was not burning in as it was bypassed. I would use the internal amp and let it run into some phones even when not in use to get it settled in faster. 

Mar 24, 2012 at 3:51 AM Post #2,653 of 13,503

Quote:
Main purpose for me in getting the DX100 is to get a clean warm sound that is better then the Hifiman and the Cowon with more then enough power alone so I do not have to carryanother brick attached to it.

Well the warmth may be lacking then as its a neutral sounding DAP. The bass is the showcase of the presentation though IMO. It draws more attention due to the texture and depth.

Mar 24, 2012 at 3:55 AM Post #2,654 of 13,503

Quote:
Well the warmth may be lacking then as its a neutral sounding DAP. The bass is the showcase of the presentation though IMO. It draws more attention due to the texture and depth.

Maybe the DX100 is just VERY balanced and articulate throughout the spectrum, but we each notice different parts of the presentation, depending on the music we listen to and what we are listening for?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back