iBasso DX100:24 bit for bit, PG 1> Reviews & Impressions, Downloads, VIDEO, NEW Firmware 1.4.2.
Mar 7, 2012 at 12:09 AM Post #1,621 of 13,503

Quote:
DbPoweramp and EAC are the best. Both have error correction and cross reference the digitized data on your (digital file ripped cd) to other cd's. If the cd you currently use is trying to rip, but has even one or two scratches (or is even flawless, but your laser on your reader misses some data, EAC will know it, and will actually fill in that line of code that was missing!), no worries; EAC / DbPoweramp will fill in all lost data on your cd's. It's really quite a fascinating process as you're watching what tracks are bad on a cd even if the cd looks pretty flawless. If the laser (reader) doesn't pick it up, both EAC and DbPoweramp will accomodate for your lost data. =-) Voila! Perfect digital file! With every single byte accounted for. By cross referencing your cd to others cd's.

Both are free.
wink_face.gif
I think EAC is naturally free.

This is the main feature over Foobar. EAC/DbPa also maintain the ability to very easily convert files (ALAC > FLAC > AIFF), and rip each file with differing levels of compression! 1-8. 5 is the default.

There are other advantages as well, but these are the two I love the most. Everything ripped using these two programs is more accurate because your data is cross referenced to others data. This is not a global program and only those who download (Audiophiles who use the programs) can cross reference with one another as well, it's a very grassroots program. Which I like. :wink: Basically, imagine the advantage Kernal streaming gives for free!  Using EAC or DbPa yields the exact same results/benefit to your digital file as Kernal stream does to playing your file: (much better sound) as opposed to ripping strait Lossless without Error correction and running it through the windows mixer. You also lose out on the ability to play with different compression ratios (i.e less G/B space, this is important in the Dx100 if you want to fit the best of that 2.7TB collection on there). In tandem, they account for much purer sound and cleaner music. In tandem, I really, really enjoy listening to music ripped either by DbPoweramp or EAC properly. This is the same software high res. download sites use as a base. It's good software!

Most use EAC. It's easier to use. Both yield the same result.

Thanks for reminding me. I totally forgot about dBpoweramp.

Mar 7, 2012 at 3:03 AM Post #1,625 of 13,503

Quote:
Lol, I need to add to my cd collection. :D 

Me too. And you know how big mine is, lol! Down for some Michele McLaughlin? =-) That'll be the.... 3rd cd of ahem, my current owning, in my nearly 3TB (only flac/ Hires) collection... Probably not information I should share... I should probably edit this post in the morning.

(No-one contextualize that)! 

Yea, I love Dba! Same, love how everything is autotagged/labled and art is included! It's really great stuff! Now I just need to buy more cd's of the real music in life.

Mar 7, 2012 at 3:23 AM Post #1,626 of 13,503

Quote:
Me too. And you know how big mine is, lol! Down for some Michele McLaughlin? =-) That'll be the.... 3rd cd of ahem, my current owning, in my nearly 3TB (only flac/ Hires) collection... Probably not information I should share... I should probably edit this post in the morning.

(No-one contextualize that)! 

Yea, I love Dba! Same, love how everything is autotagged/labled and art is included! It's really great stuff! Now I just need to buy more cd's of the real music in life.

When I got the Sony Z Walkman, I had to convert all my collection from flac to Atrac lossless, and with Sonicstage you have to convert them to Wave , which meant all tags and album covers are gone, but the auto tagging of SonicStage is really very good, But I had to add the albums manually, so...

Mar 7, 2012 at 1:43 PM Post #1,630 of 13,503
Aside from raysclim, how many of you in the 2nd batch have been contacted by iBasso? I'm in the list but am worried iBasso still hasn't mailed me yet.

Mar 7, 2012 at 2:04 PM Post #1,632 of 13,503

Quote:
Aside from raysclim, how many of you in the 2nd batch have been contacted by iBasso? I'm in the list but am worried iBasso still hasn't mailed me yet.

I have only recieved an email stating the my deposit was received. by on 02/13/12

Order was placed on 02/10/12

Mar 7, 2012 at 2:16 PM Post #1,634 of 13,503

Quote:

10/03/2012, should be the day Ibasso start shipping, first came first served.. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back